Rate LOI bowling line ups

11 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

thakur, chahar n kaul are backup ....cme wc shami n umesh will be ahead n both are highly skillful

We also do lack a left armer to

That why we arent that far ahead of others, all attacks have their own issues 

But all of them are short. bouncy bowlers are more effective in ODIs.

2 hours ago, Pollack said:

All conditions:

1.Aus

2.SA

3.Pak

4.Ind

5.NZ

7.Eng

SA are not no.2 even in their dreams at this point. Their best ODI bowler Morne has retired. Tahir is 39 and in terminal decline. Abbott plays county. Steyn hasn't played LOis consistently in a couple of years. Ngidi is unproven and Rabada is recovering from a stress fracture and it remains to be seen if he can get back his pace and venom before the World Cup. Not one single fit, threatening bowler. Well behind India/Pak/NZ and even OZ. 

Edited by Nikhil_cric
On 7/9/2018 at 5:29 PM, Vilander said:

What conditions.. ?

if it is all conditions..

I would have to say India

If its  raging spinners - may be India Tied with Pak

If its fast minefield - SA tied with Aus

If its bouncy true - Aus - SA not far behind.

Pak have a very balanced attack now which is pace dominated assisted by spin in shadab, Haris, Malik and Hafeez (allowed back) and imad. They have Amir, Hasan, Faheem Ashraf, + one of (Rumman/Shaheen Afridi/Usman Shinwari/Junaid Khan/Irfan).

At the moment Pak probably have the best balanced attack and their T20I top ranking is primarily due to that. 

6 hours ago, Tobacco said:

Pak have a very balanced attack now which is pace dominated assisted by spin in shadab, Haris, Malik and Hafeez (allowed back) and imad. They have Amir, Hasan, Faheem Ashraf, + one of (Rumman/Shaheen Afridi/Usman Shinwari/Junaid Khan/Irfan).

At the moment Pak probably have the best balanced attack and their T20I top ranking is primarily due to that. 

yeah i was responding thinking we are discussing tests. in LOI pak are a good attack.

18 minutes ago, Late Cut said:

What an odd statement. I guess Malcolm Marshall never got the memo about not being able to bowl bouncers because he was short, nor the faces of Mike Gatting and several others.

Problem is we are selecting similar height bowler, marshal was short heighted among all very tall bowlers so that its self is a variety

Also u dnt get bowlers like Malcolm marshal every day

1 hour ago, Vilander said:

yeah i was responding thinking we are discussing tests. in LOI pak are a good attack.

I think Indian test attack is good for the batting they are supported by. It is an effective attack but a little untested with Bumrah new and Kumar steady. England series will be a litmus test.

However, Indian batting gives them plenty of cushion.

Pak batting is very inexperienced after YK and Misbah, so their bowling attack is under a lot more pressure. Still, on paper, Amir, Abbas, Hasan Ali, Faheem, Shadab and Yasir Shah is an attack for any conditions.

12 minutes ago, Tobacco said:

I think Indian test attack is good for the batting they are supported by. It is an effective attack but a little untested with Bumrah new and Kumar steady. England series will be a litmus test.

However, Indian batting gives them plenty of cushion.

Pak batting is very inexperienced after YK and Misbah, so their bowling attack is under a lot more pressure. Still, on paper, Amir, Abbas, Hasan Ali, Faheem, Shadab and Yasir Shah is an attack for any conditions.

in ODI i agree Pak is very good. in tests they are not in same level of Shami/Umesh/Bhuv/Bumrah/Ash/Jad/ with Kuldeep in picture now..the gulf is getting bigger.

1 hour ago, Vilander said:

in ODI i agree Pak is very good. in tests they are not in same level of Shami/Umesh/Bhuv/Bumrah/Ash/Jad/ with Kuldeep in picture now..the gulf is getting bigger.

Well if you talk away from home, Pakistan attack drew a series in England 2-2 in 2016, and 1-1 in 2018. In contrast, Indian attack has not helped draw/win a series in England/Aus/SA but they won a test in SA though lost the series 1-2. In West Indies (if you want to count) both teams won their last series. So not sure what are the relatively greater merits of Indian attack.

Let us discount Asian wins which are easy for these teams and both teams have won aplenty. 

3 hours ago, Tobacco said:

Well if you talk away from home, Pakistan attack drew a series in England 2-2 in 2016, and 1-1 in 2018. In contrast, Indian attack has not helped draw/win a series in England/Aus/SA but they won a test in SA though lost the series 1-2. In West Indies (if you want to count) both teams won their last series. So not sure what are the relatively greater merits of Indian attack.

Let us discount Asian wins which are easy for these teams and both teams have won aplenty. 

Difficult to do that, makes the sample too small.

13 hours ago, Late Cut said:

What an odd statement. I guess Malcolm Marshall never got the memo about not being able to bowl bouncers because he was short, nor the faces of Mike Gatting and several others.

Marshall being short was taller than many of our current pacers like BK, Shami, Shardul and he had pace and other tall bowlers bowling along side in Holding, Garner, Colin Croft, Wayne Daniel

8 hours ago, Tobacco said:

But including that makes the sample biased. Home wins do not count for much these days. Even Bangladesh are hard to beat at home.

no it is not biased, we should not under sell sub continent conditions.

Imagine pak gets better in spin and does well n all UAE games and rises up the ranks, it should be given credit for that.

See each test match counts , every conditions counts. 

1 hour ago, putrevus said:

unless India gets a fast bowler who has good eco and strike rate other than Bumrah.India is nowhere near top bowling attack.

you have to take in India that Indian fast  bowlers play a lot in India, so, having good ER and average combination on those pitches is very rare.  Even Bumrah's ER is on steady rise. BK has good ER but poor average.