Sportsmen are retiring late these days !!!

velu

Well he's had 3 failures since his 100 in the first T20I. I am half expecting him to be dropped for the decider :phehe:.
KL has a better chance since he seems to be adjustable and also in the Bunty cartel.
Also Rahane is always there for making a comeback.
But yeah, it is even more easier to drop likes of over hyped social media sweethearts Rahul and Pant because the hype has already enabled to create extra haters after their bad performances.
A lot of people hate over hyped stuff-and when they fail, people rejoice.

Sent from my CPH1609 using Tapatalk

14 minutes ago, UrmiSinhaRay said:

Dhoni is being blamed by the netizens more for blocking Pant than his bad performance.
It is a form of blame transference-because the other players played shittily too.
But then why did Captain Cool get all the blame? emoji54.png

But the thing is, Pant killed his career the day he was announced to be Dhoni's successor.
Dhoni has this huge inflated ego which he uses to destroy every opponent of his.
Even if he retires on a "high" , he will hang around as consultant/selector/coach/BCCI management.
And no, nobody gives a damn about building team for next WC.
They only want to squeeze out revenue from useless bilaterals.
Dhoni is a person who brings in money.
As much as Pant has support from social media, an average person is blinded by the Thalaiva Aura.
It took nearly 3-4 years to recover from ailaa's retirement and yet we don't think the cricket mania has reached the level when Ailaa used to play.
Dhoni has even bigger fanbase- and I don't think armchair Pundits and Pant fanboys can bring that money.
Dude, more people watched Naagin 3 than The T20 match- this certainly did not happen in my childhood when every cricket match involving India was a festival in itself.

BTW, Dhoni doesn't care about being embarrassed till the money keeps flowing in.

Lets see. I am still confident that he'd be a goner after the WC. In fact it wouldn't surprise me if this was the "arrangement" when he quit the LOI captaincy back in late 2016. Dhoni getting to keep his spot until the 2019 WC and PaPa/DK being the back-ups with Pant/Kishan/Samson et all being kept at an arm's length. All said and done Dhoni like a lot of sportsmen is looking for that one final hurrah. Don't think he'd have the motivation to carry on after the WC 2019. He can carry on making the moolah with Chuskis.

11 minutes ago, Laaloo said:

He can play the role of bhishma pita in the next casting of mahabbharata. :giggle:

when bhisma played in mahabharata he was 114 years old :p:

Pandu died when Yudhistra was 16 years. So Bhishma's age 114 years. After returning to Hastinapur pandavas stayed for 6 months and went on a war with Drupada for an year. Bhishma Age - 128 years.

2 hours ago, UrmiSinhaRay said:

Kohli himself needs Dhoni for captaincy stuff.
He is himself under confident in this arena-his rcb stints have shown us a lot.

yup...The main reason Dhoni still in the team is because of Kohli's support. Kohli still not confident in his captaincy. Kohli also playing the smart game..he knows MSD's popularity...must cash in from MS's fan base. 

7 hours ago, velu said:

Federer going strong at 37 now . Nadal and Djoker are doing well at 32. Usual retirement age is 30/31 in tennis.

Zlatan Ibrahamovic is 37 and still going strong as a striker . Typical retirment age for a striker is 30.

Buffon is 40 now and he will be the main keeper for PSG for another one year.

Wladmir klitshcko retired at 42.

Misbah retired at 42. I see many similarities between misbah and Dhoni. Both are their teams fittest guys irrespective of their age.

Assuming Dhoni stays fit like misbah , he can very well till 42.

42 -37 = 5 ( this calculaton is for @beetle ji :biggrin1: )

Probably Dhoni got five more years of cricket left in his tank . :phehe:

ms-dhoni-and-misbah-ul-haq-icc-cricket-w

roger-federer-i-feel-very-old-when-i-loo

Zlatan-Ibrahimovic-643122.jpg

@adi B   :hehe:

Dhoni can play till 42 or whatever ,long gone are the days when I was too much senti for a cricket match ,nowadays I just chuckle in such scenarios. 

Oh and zlatan is almost done after that leg injury ,though he can enjoy the US 

13 minutes ago, adi B said:

Dhoni can play till 42 or whatever ,long gone are the days when I was too much senti for a cricket match ,nowadays I just chuckle in such scenarios. 

Oh and zlatan is almost done after that leg injury ,though he can enjoy the US 

zlatan proved that strikers can do well till 36/37 .. good4/5 yrs more now

likewise our ...