Whats your solution to improve our ODI team???

my xi

rohit (unfortunately stuck with this guy)

dhawan

rahul

kohli

hardik/pant

pant/hardik

krunal

bhuvi

kuldeep

chahal

bumrah

krunal is a must , cant depend on hardik's bowling and krunal is more than capable.Also we need to tap more of Hardik's batting abilities,even in this series he could have been better no 5 than dhoni or raina.I ll also not be averse to the idea of playing another seamer in place of either leg spinner

on a side note Hitman will play by default,his selfish approach upfront puts extra pressure on dhawan to be ultra aggressive, people with come up with stats etc but he cant endear himself with fans like me  

41 minutes ago, beetle said:

Remove kohli from captaincy.Don't know who to get...but he  is the problem rather than the solution.

That takes away his power and need to please the csk lobby for the gains he gets for his captaincy.

That reduces the influence of that bunty sejdah . Such people should be kept far away from cricket.

That takes away his power to keep his yaarana gharana in the team.

Let kohli stay captain of the non glamorous test team.

With kohli out....the bewda shastri can be shown the door too.

Two sollution .

Need to persist with Rahul at 3 or 4 where ever they want, cant keep dropping him after one failure.  you dont make battling line ups like that. Rahul has to be there come what may.  once he settles down, lot of our problems will ease. Then #5 and 6. Let Pant bat at 5, Hardik at 6, and then Krunal or Sundar who is an off spinner at 7 depending if opposition has many left handers and he is a capable potential batting star just needs to show some confidence in his batting.  Bowlers select themselves. BK is a question mark due to his lack of wicket taking ability up front.  We will have to bring extra pace of Mavi who is also good with the new ball or Rajpoot for his control and bounce. Nagarkoti struggles to control new ball.  Khaleel and Prasidh can be backups.

6 minutes ago, beetle said:

Yeah. It is most important but not as glamourous as LOIs....hence less important in brand making ....

Kohli is driven by brand making. It will keep him honest.

Only cricket nerds watch test matches now :p:

The guy could damage tests then ? 

But in all honesty i think he is timid or considers Dhoni his buzurg who he needs to unconditionally respect. If Dhoni vacates himself - i think this would be set right. Although Kumble ouster and KLR situation shows Kohli plays politics.

Edited by Vilander
6 minutes ago, Vilander said:

But in all honesty i think he is timid or considers Dhoni his buzurg who he needs to be unconditionally respected. If Dhoni vacates himself - i think this would be set right. Although Kumble ouster and KLR situation shows Kohli plays politics.

He is doing fine in test for now.

With just one team to captain, he will concentrate on winning at least that.

The problem is we do bad in one form but one good performance in any format and people forget the bad performance.

Besides Indians don't do well with so much power. Divide the power and keep people honest.It  can lead to other problems....but for now we should concentrate on the problem at hand which is too much arrogant power.

Edited by beetle
1 minute ago, beetle said:

He is doing fine in test for now.

With just one team to captain, he will concentrate on winning at least that.

The problem is we do bad in one form but one good performance in any format and people forget the bad performance.

Besides Indians don't do well with so much power. Divide the power and keep people honest.It  can lead to other problems....but for now we should concentrate on the problem at hand which is too much arrogant power.

He's learnt form the best. Dhoni got rid of Sehwag, Gambhir, Harbhajan, Zaheer also Yuvraj as soon as the opportunity shone upon him, even though Dhoni's own performance with bat or gloves were abysmal in that time period.

Yeah. It is most important but not as glamourous as LOIs....hence less important in brand making ....
Kohli is driven by brand making. It will keep him honest.

Only cricket nerds watch test matches now :p:

To be honest, as much as We are Blaming Dhoni for the **** fest, Kohli is also the one to get blamed along with RoFat.
Let's just not think our problems will get solved by kicking out Dhoni.
Kohli has a huge inflated ego and can't tolerate other superstars in the team
And when his form will start to decline, he'll become even more paranoid and freak out

Sent from my CPH1609 using Tapatalk

But in all honesty i think he is timid or considers Dhoni his buzurg who he needs to unconditionally respect. If Dhoni vacates himself - i think this would be set right. Although Kumble ouster and KLR situation shows Kohli plays politics.
With support from Bewda and Dhoni.
Dhoni is the real deal here - I don't think KLR and Kumble wouldn't have gotten the short rope if Dhoni supported them.
Kohli is Dhoni's puppet right now but I feel gradually they will have a huge fight for power as Kohli seems to be an insecure, vile, paranoid, power hungry personality.

44 minutes ago, UrmiSinhaRay said:

There were some people who were praising Kohli for giving KL Rahul his #3 spot in T20Is.
Then see- what happened to him 5 matches after.
More than Dhoni, we should blame and boo that Brat Kohli.

Yup your predictions were spot on,I admitted that day itself

Invest in youth and player who are eager to perform, Ek kahawat hai ki rajje hue pet kabhi bhookhe nhi hote, these players don't care have seen it all that is why they don't have hunger to perform,  guys like shaw

Pant 

Gill

Along with rahul

Abhishek Sharma 

Saini

Khaleel 

Gopal 

Needed to be backed 

Problem with the 11 isnt that much except few positions and backups.

All our top odi players are top order batsmen i.e. Rohit, Dhawan, Kohli nd KLR.

So, first we need to sort this out. 

Another problem is MSD, he cant bat if he comes after 20-25 overs. So, only way current MSD is useful is to have him bat before 25 overs.

Above all we arent able to get a number 6 batsmen. A player who can bat and also roll his arm over.

Now coming to our bowlers, i dont have that much problem with our bowling if it is Bhuvi, Bumrah nd KulCha. This is a great bowling lineup if we sort out our batting but if batting remains like this then our tail is way too long.

I like KLR and Pant but dont think they are coming in the team by WC19.

So, team should be:

Dhawan

Rohit/KLR

Kohli

MSD/Kartik

??

Krunal

Hardik

Bhuvi

Bumrah

Kul

Cha

Backups: Pant, Umesh, Shami, Jaddu/Ash, Pandey

Invest in youth and player who are eager to perform, Ek kahawat hai ki rajje hue pet kabhi bhookhe nhi hote, these players don't care have seen it all that is why they don't have hunger to perform,  guys like shaw
Pant 
Gill
Along with rahul
Abhishek Sharma 
Saini
Khaleel 
Gopal 
Needed to be backed 

Rahul and Pant (plus Saini) are the only ones with chances,howsoever slim.
Shaw will be found coaching cricket in Shivaji Park since Rohit Sharma won't give up his slot soon
And who are the rest?
They will vanish soon after in the Reign of Tyrant KohliConda.

Kick out shastri and bring Moody as coach. Give Virat 2-3 series as captain and review bis captaincy, management, selection skills , dont give free rope or long term captaincy that brings arrogance and incumbancy. Bring in young players T20s and ODIs are youth oriented, dont waste time on has beens.

Give Pant, Gill, Shaw chances. 

Just now, Sgattick10 said:

Kick out shastri and bring Moody as coach.

that aint happening till Wc

Give Virat 2-3 series as captain and review bis captaincy, management, selection skills , dont give free rope or long term captaincy that brings arrogance and incumbancy.

Who will do that ??? generally a team director shud......but wo to hai nhin

Bring in young players T20s and ODIs are youth oriented, dont waste time on has beens.

Give Pant, Gill, Shaw chances. 

Yaha rahul ko regular chance nhin mil rha, what chance does those 3 have