Imran Khan: Captain, World Cup winner, Prime Minister?

Asim

Yes, not a right time to be friendly with Pakistan till next general elections. It’ll be a disaster if Govts opting for dialogue and there’s a major terror incident.
Although there’ll be lots of pressure on BJP to “talk” before next elections...
But might attract siculars vote if BJP goes friendly with Pak

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Despite  not  at all  being able to accept Kaptaan's 'generally accepted level ' greatness as a cricketer due to his ball tampering exercises and also not at all able to accept him as an ethically  good  human, one thing for sure is that he sincerely wishes to do something for Pakistan and make changes for the good.This factor should be appreciated. W.R.T improving relations with India, I don't think he can do much even if he wants to sincerely turn around things because ' Kashmir ' is one factor  based on which every Pakistani is brainwashed  to hate India.I don't think Imran can do much w.r.t to this.For that he need to change the general  Pakistani attitude entirely, which is next to impossible.

Edited by rtmohanlal

We need to respect this man for what he has done though we may disagree with the way he played cricket. he won, he is the PM and he deserves our respect. I have a feeling both Nawaz and Imran want some sort of peace but Musharraf was shady. If he takes one friendy step it should be reciprocated. If he turns over hafiz I would say that is a very good start.

On 7/26/2018 at 4:20 AM, Asim said:

(Its actually cricket-centric thread... an ex-Cricketer becoming PM... +his upcoming role to reform Pak cricket... Thread in chit-chat can be politics-oriented)

R you aware of his reality, he has already sold himself to the bidders, he is the enemy of the people same as Modi, Amit Shah, they gentiles be aware.

Keeping the discussion more to the cricket - I think how Imran handles the PCB is going to be an early indicator of how he will govern - He's been talking about improving Pak cricket's systems for decades, but lately Najam Sethi led PCB appears to have improved its administration a bit - the PSL is a big notch on their belt.  But Sethi was appointed directly by Nawaz Sharif, and PCB is a lucrative and thus attractive political target in Pakistan.  Already, rumors are flying that Wasim Akram is going to replace Sethi as head of the PCB.  This inspite of the famous Qayoom report which publicly called to exclude Akram for ANY cricket related leadership positions in Pakistan - Ever.  For obvious reasons.  

Regardless whether the Wasim Akram rumors are factual or just rumors, If Imran moves for a big administrative re-organization of the PCB relatively quickly, political motives can be the only justification for doing so.  

My gut tells me that Imran is at heart a honest man with good intentions, but he gets easily swayed and is very prone to making ill-concieved decisions with "ends justify the means" logic.  Almost as if a naive, inexperienced aspiring leader was attempting to act in machiavellian fashion.  For Pakistan (and even India's sake) I hope that he does well as Pak PM - but there's a long way to go before we can really read too much into things. 

I did watch his 'acceptance' speech and thought it was an excellent start.  Regardless of how he got there to begin with.