Here is The pitch for the 1st test at Edgbaston, Now get down to choosing ur XI

7 minutes ago, adi B said:

Don't get fooled by the lack of green grass ,there's  Brown grass cover that'll ensure plenty of seam movement off the deck .you need to have hit the deck type of bowlers for this pitch

Hit the deck seam bowling plays a significant part in England too, depending on the pitch and conditions.

While it is true that classical swing bowlers do best in England ... having different types of pacers is important.

I hope all our pacers are not told to go for swing only ... and gauge the conditions before adopting a tactic.

5 minutes ago, Forever Indian said:

My XI:

Vijay

Karthik

Rahul

Kohli

Rahane

Pant (wk)

Ashwin

Kuldeep

Umesh

Shami

Ishant

this is a good lineup solves the pujara problem...but not too sure how hum DK can shield Kohli/Rahane from first session.. givne that pujara is likely not to do it at all also not score...may be DK is the way to go

17 minutes ago, adi B said:

Without bhuvi and bumrah that percentage drops down below 50

he ment 80% to potential..not winning percentage. 

But yeah Bumrah is a big loss. Bhuv also because its english conditions..this is all too comfortable for England.

29 minutes ago, Vilander said:

this is a good lineup solves the pujara problem...but not too sure how hum DK can shield Kohli/Rahane from first session.. givne that pujara is likely not to do it at all also not score...may be DK is the way to go

DK's positive approach can be a good foil to Vijay's initially playing out the balls. Also I think Rahul being at 3 is better for him as well as Kohli and Rahane, as Rahul will not come against brand new cherry.

1 hour ago, express bowling said:

Hit the deck seam bowling plays a significant part in England too, depending on the pitch and conditions.

While it is true that classical swing bowlers do best in England ... having different types of pacers is important.

I hope all our pacers are not told to go for swing only ... and gauge the conditions before adopting a tactic.

True 

1 hour ago, Forever Indian said:

DK's positive approach can be a good foil to Vijay's initially playing out the balls. Also I think Rahul being at 3 is better for him as well as Kohli and Rahane, as Rahul will not come against brand new cherry.

yeah...but at times its a bit too far right.

Like some purists will say why shield Kohli Rahane in first place -- then why shield KLR..

Guess you aim for  a balance - let those who can score come in at the most opportune time  and give max chance to score big - that is Kohli, Rahane,Rahul in that order which i agree. But DK might be more like them than a Vijay up the order just concentrating and keeping those very good deliveries from impacting in wickets column...may be Rahul is better spent on that role and Dk can shore up scoring chances after Rahane.

Edited by Vilander
14 minutes ago, LORD_analyst said:

some wise words-

" The fact that England have picked only one spinner, and preferred a left arm medium pace swing bowler over a second spinner, tells you that this whole dry pitch discourse might be overdone"

yeah and Naser wanting India to pick two spinners and having a hidden barb at Indian pacers - i hope India is charged up ..give them hell.

“Joe Root needs to hammer home to his men that they have a point to prove and try to replicate that angry England team that arrived at Headingley and hammered Pakistan in their last Test. Go back and say to the players: ‘What were you thinking that first day at Headingley?,” Vaughan wrote in the ‘Daily Telegraph’.

“Sometimes it is not done in team chats. Sometimes you are better off speaking to individuals. Go to each individual and ask: ‘Why did you arrive in Leeds with more intensity’?”

“England will not win every game, they are not good enough, but their mindset and mentality can be the same every week.”