Whether KL Rahul is the next Rohit Sharma ?

velu

He was probably thinking of another casual photoshoot like jhadu pocha kind of and be cool ....his steam bath photoshoot was absolute filth but then it seems ,day in and out he is all lost on those....him and Rahane both were competing for the most reckless shot of this test..

The thing is he's not even good looking enough that he can make a positive impact with his modelling career even if he fails with his performance.
Honestly, KL Rahul is not only fugly, he gives off a very unhygienic appeal.
I swear I have an urge to vomit everytime I come across his mag spreads.

While being undeservedly hyped and then failing is a common trope, what is working even more against him is his visible eagerness for Bollywood fame and concentrating on trashy Showbiz assignment.
Kohli got away with all this because we needed a new superhero to rescue Desi Cricket after Sachin And Gang retired - but now, the situation is completely different.
Even Kohli is finding hard to retain his brand despite his heroics after what he did to Kumble - toh Rahul kya cheez hai.

Sent from my CPH1609 using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, rtmohanlal said:

he has already failed in 2  rounds of litmus tests in AUS & SAF. 3rd is going on. He needs to  be provided with first 3 full tests. If proven miserable here also, then it should be curtains. The team  do not need yet another hack like Pujara.

Please present long list of players who have scored century in first 2 tests/debut series in Australia.

1 hour ago, express bowling said:

Rahul did not fail in Aus.    Scored a century in the 2 tests he played there.

In AUS and SA he has scores of 3, 1, 110, 16, 10, 4, 0 and 16. 7 failures in 8 innings is poor by any standards. He is most certainly overrated - at best a flashy stroke player who thrives on flat tracks in the sub-continent but wilts under pressure when it comes to test cricket on away soil. I have seen his stock rise to astronomical levels on this forum following a strong IPL season, but IPL is no yardstick to measure quality of test batsmanship. Let's hope he proves me wrong in the second innings and/or the next test, as he will most definitely get another chance (that he has already played 25 tests for India - more than Jos Buttler has for England - tells me he has had more than enough chances already and can no longer be deemed a "youngster"). 

Just saw his dismissal. Folks need to calm down here. It was an inside edge and yes he played a bad shot. But comparing his technique to the likes of Rohit Sharma is just silly. Rahul has proved his mettle in the toughest of the conditions and this is only his first innings in England. Both Dhawan's and Rahane's dismissal looked even more pathetic. Even Kohli was struggling like an amateur during the first half of his fifty. Seriously I can only laugh at these threads. :laugh:

Hard to defend the shot he played in first innings. While it is fair to say he needs to add consistency, his technique and game is a notch above everyone else. He needs to be given 3-4 tests and told not to worry about his position. And India can move on if he still does not perform. But always being on the edge and seemingly one inning away from being dropped is unfair on anyone. Imagine doing that to Kohli when he failed in Australia initially. We persisted and eventually he performed. Perceived potential is extremely subjective. I may bet on Rahul and the next guy may bet on Dhawan. But we will never find an answer if neither of them are given a consistent run.

6 hours ago, Trichromatic said:

Please present long list of players who have scored century in first 2 tests/debut series in Australia.

First of all ,we are not analysing based on much tougher batting conditions  in general of 90s.Hence 32.5 avg: in AUS is  not adequate for being brilliant in an overseas country.Secondly he failed miserably in SAF.And he has not yet played in NZL. Hence this tour performance is a must for him.Then only he deserves further oppertunities.It's just what I feel.

If someone is questioning his pedigree and opening threads or posting against him ,it has to be for non cricketing reasons, he has the ability and game to be as good if not better then Kohli who for me has overtaken Sachin and Gavaskar as Indias greatest batsmen.

22 minutes ago, rtmohanlal said:

First of all ,we are not analysing based on much tougher batting conditions  in general of 90s.Hence 32.5 avg: in AUS is  not adequate for being brilliant in an overseas country.Secondly he failed miserably in SAF.And he has not yet played in NZL. Hence this tour performance is a must for him.Then only he deserves further oppertunities.It's just what I feel.

So first you claimed he failed in Aus and now you're saying that century in debut series is not brilliant.

Please decide what you're labelling him

1. A failure in Aus

2. Not brilliant in Aus

If he wasn't great, then he wasn't a failure either.

33 avg: especially in far batting friendly conditions of AUS  is not adequate. It's ok for personnel stats, but not for being part of a great team.

That was Rahul's debut test series and a century in Australia in two tests is a dream start for any youngster.

Australian pitches these days may seem flat for the Australian batters who grew up on those decks ... but for touring Asian teams, they often pose a tough challenge due to the extra pace and bounce of those pitches and the quick, bouncy Australian quicks bowling on them. Add to that the hostility of the Aussies ... players will tell you that it is a tough tough tour.

Aus was his debut series and a century in first debut series in overseas tour is not failure. As far as SA is concerned  who other than kohli or AB has performed remarkably  from both sides.

2 hours ago, Trichromatic said:

So first you claimed he failed in Aus and now you're saying that century in debut series is not brilliant.

Please decide what you're labelling him

1. A failure in Aus

2. Not brilliant in Aus

If he wasn't great, then he wasn't a failure either.

yes deifnitely as you said ,he wasn't great & he wasn't a failure either in AUS.That means he fails  to meet the  criteria  of being absolutely brilliant in atleast one among ASEN  so that he can form a part of  being a 'strong overall batting unit'.

42 minutes ago, express bowling said:

That was Rahul's debut test series and a century in Australia in two tests is a dream start for any youngster.

Australian pitches these days may seem flat for the Australian batters who grew up on those decks ... but for touring Asian teams, they often pose a tough challenge due to the extra pace and bounce of those pitches and the quick, bouncy Australian quicks bowling on them. Add to that the hostility of the Aussies ... players will tell you that it is a tough tough tour.

7 minutes ago, raki05 said:

Aus was his debut series and a century in first debut series in overseas tour is not failure. As far as SA is concerned  who other than kohli or AB has performed remarkably  from both sides.

what ever it be, 32.5 avg:   is not adequate enough to be absolutely brilliant in 1 country.If he avged: at least 45,  that would have been at the least ok.Now that he has failed miserably  in SAF, he has no other brilliant performance in any of SENA.That means he is not calibre enough to  compliment to a strong batting unit.

Take SRT,Dravid,Ganguly,Laxman,Sehwag.. They formed a very  strong batting unit.Why???SRT was brilliant every where.Dravid in

AUS,ENG,NZL,WI . Sehwag in AUS,WI  .  Ganguly & Laxman  were too ,considering they batted at 5 & 6 . That is what is called complimenting each other in a strong batting unit. By this yardstick Rahul has not proven himself as of now in a single country in any of SENA. Leave aside lower level WI.

1 hour ago, rtmohanlal said:

what ever it be, 32.5 avg:   is not adequate enough to be absolutely brilliant in 1 country.If he avged: at least 45,  that would have been at the least ok.Now that he has failed miserably  in SAF, he has no other brilliant performance in any of SENA.That means he is not calibre enough to  compliment to a strong batting unit.

Take SRT,Dravid,Ganguly,Laxman,Sehwag.. They formed a very  strong batting unit.Why???SRT was brilliant every where.Dravid in

AUS,ENG,NZL,WI . Sehwag in AUS,WI  .  Ganguly & Laxman  were too ,considering they batted at 5 & 6 . That is what is called complimenting each other in a strong batting unit. By this yardstick Rahul has not proven himself as of now in a single country in any of SENA. Leave aside lower level WI.

It seems your needle is fixed on Rahul , where as other than Kohli everyone is dud in this lineup. Rahul atleast is comparatively new also he hasn't got chance consistently. Look man when people see potential it's natural we will talk about i tnow whether he will fulfill his potential is debatable but he should get appropriate enough chance first. BTW what is your view on Vijay, Dhawan, Pujara and Rahane. And please don't say Sena. He just played one series in Aus and another in SA ( where everyone failed from both the sides)