Don't have a good feeling about this test.

Both teams are unpredictable in this series. You never know which team comes out on top in a given session. Just when you think one team is on top other team finds a way. So it is on a knife edge. England's biggest advantage is their depth. India's lack of batting depth is a huge hurdle. Indian top order needs to compensate by making the starts count. Getting out to 30s, 20s repeatedly is criminal.

9 hours ago, Gollum said:

I too have a bad feeling. If we lose this series at Rose Bowl I will probably lose interest in Indian cricket....... the combination of the SA loss and a potential loss here will hit me harder than 0-8 with that ageing team. At least in 2011 we had the memory of the home WC win to ease the pain. I am dumbfounded, 5 wickets to Moeen Ali's tripe on this pancake? How is he still in our heads? We manhandled him in the 2016 series, how do we still gift him wickets?

Moeen Ali bowled well, give credit where its due. Only if Ashwin could bowl like him in these conditions, but Ashwin always needs pitch offering the turn. Moeen can do it from the roughs, which Ashwin struggles at.  Also our technique of lunging to everything.  Rot started from Kohli who looked all at sea against Moeen.  Ball was barely turning.

England already have upper hand in this test.

India is batting 4th and anything above 220 will seal the match for them. Our bowlers did good job in first inning. They conceded 40 runs extra but restricting them for 246 was good effort overall.

Indian batsmen once again failed to take advantage of situation created by bowlers. It was best time to bat and conditions were good enough for a score of 350+ total. 

Now every fluke, slogs, hits by English batsmen will hurt Indian team. 

4 minutes ago, Trichromatic said:

England already have upper hand in this test.

India is batting 4th and anything above 220 will seal the match for them. Our bowlers did good job in first inning. They conceded 40 runs extra but restricting them for 246 was good effort overall.

Indian batsmen once again failed to take advantage of situation created by bowlers. It was best time to bat and conditions were good enough for a score of 350+ total. 

Now every fluke, slogs, hits by English batsmen will hurt Indian team. 

Open a new countdown to England's win thread. You have special powers of panauti.

8 hours ago, Gollum said:

Might be the last day as an Indian team follower for me. Dhoni made me lose interest in cricket in 2011-12, Kohli's team brought me back. Now if this team surrenders tomorrow I'll have no hope left in Indian cricket. Will be good in a way, will waste less time and may be make more time for other sports/athletes that don't disappoint me this much.

I lost interest in cricket in the Dhoni era itself, Kohli era has been very good but still the wounds of Dhoni era were so deep that recovery as a fan never happened. The 8-0 scoreline was not what caused me pain but the way we gave in without fight, had we showed similar fight in those overseas tests like we did in Nagpur 2012 and still lose 8-0, I would have still been a fan.

I log in to ICF for small fun only, cricket takes back seat. Would be great if I meet some of you guys in real life! Kab tak online hi batein karenge? 

3 hours ago, rkt.india said:

Moeen Ali bowled well, give credit where its due. Only if Ashwin could bowl like him in these conditions, but Ashwin always needs pitch offering the turn. Moeen can do it from the roughs, which Ashwin struggles at.  Also our technique of lunging to everything.  Rot started from Kohli who looked all at sea against Moeen.  Ball was barely turning.

Moeen was mediocre, we threw away our wickets because of mental block. Pant, Pandya and Ashwin....WTF were they doing? I won't blame Shami and Ishant.

7 minutes ago, sensible-indian said:

He started off great. Was troubling Kohli a lot.

He bowled in good channels.

We being idiots threw away 3 easy wickets tho.

Every bowler will have those occasional spells of great bowling, it is up to the batsmen to see of the difficult phases and later cash on. He went wicket-less in that initial spell albeit he looked good. But the passage where he got 5 wickets..I mean does that quality of bowling deserve 5 wickets? WTF was Ashwin doing? IMO just for that shot he must be benched for a few matches.

2 minutes ago, Gollum said:

Every bowler will have those occasional spells of great bowling, it is up to the batsmen to see of the difficult phases and later cash on. He went wicket-less in that initial spell albeit he looked good. But the passage where he got 5 wickets..I mean does that quality of bowling deserve 5 wickets? WTF was Ashwin doing? IMO just for that shot he must be benched for a few matches.

Totally agree.

Would he have batted that way, if his bowling figures read 0/75 in first innings.

It's selfish batting.

Chewtiya saala.

Tries to act smart and gets owned.