What will be the first India XI for Asia Cup?

anish2tweet

Shardul Thakur is getting lot of hate on this forum.  But I think he has the potential/temperament to be a very good allrounder. He has shown glimpses of his batting ability too in the 3rd odi against England despite batting at No 8.    Having said that he first needs to be more consistent in his line n length.  He could possibly be the all rounder we are looking for.  Needs to be groomed by the management.  IMO.

18 minutes ago, Nikola said:

Rohit will make Dhoni bat at #4 i guess. Dhoni right now if has to play till worldcup then should only play at #4 the low he bats the more trouble we will have.

I was of that opinion as well earlier but last 2 series has confirmed he has no place in the side even at 4.He doesn't take the initiative and still plays the second fiddle even in an inexperienced middle order.

Unless there is a drastic change in approach,he is a liability in the batting order.

2 minutes ago, SK_IH said:

I was of that opinion as well earlier but last 2 series has confirmed he has no place in the side even at 4.He doesn't take the initiative and still plays the second fiddle even in an inexperienced middle order.

Unless there is a drastic change in approach,he is a liability in the batting order.

He will loose match if he comes in at 40-42 over and we need quick runs. At #4 he can atleast come and play 80-90 strike rate innings of 40 - 50 consistently.

Just now, Nikola said:

He will loose match if he comes in at 40-42 over and we need quick runs. At #4 he can atleast come and play 80-90 strike rate innings of 40 - 50 consistently.

That's a big if at the moment,I am not uncertain about runs,he ll score runs but unsure about the strike rate,which is always on the wrong side these days.

6 minutes ago, SK_IH said:

That's a big if at the moment,I am not uncertain about runs,he ll score runs but unsure about the strike rate,which is always on the wrong side these days.

I don't want him in xi but he is playing worldcup for sure. So best option is to make him bat up and get max of runs he can score at fine strike rate. The low he bats will create trouble for others as well.