Ind's answer to Starc-Cummins-Hazlewood

zen

Bhuvneshwar with the new ball will wreck havoc on Finch type cowlashers Aussies have filled their team with. 30/2 , 50/3 type scores will be normal.

Ishant with his pace and consistency will choke the middle order for runs and Aus will be 200/6-7

Then Bumrah with his pace and awkward bounce will wipe the tail for less than 50 runs.

Overall I don't see Aus scoring more than 250 against our attack.

Bhuvi as pace allrounder than Pandya. 

Since we are playing Pant, No replacement for Rahane, because we need some seniority batting with the tail

First test:

Shaw, Rahul, Pujara, Kohli, Rahane, Pant, Ashwin. Bhuvi, Ishant, Shami, Bumrah

Rahul/Rahane is the weakest link, will need to be replaced if they fail in 2 tests. But the 1st test has to be the strongest team on paper, no experimentation, X-factors, trump cards (Kuldeep, Pandya etc.)

Edited by coffee_rules
55 minutes ago, Number said:

Bhuvneshwar with the new ball will wreck havoc on Finch type cowlashers Aussies have filled their team with. 30/2 , 50/3 type scores will be normal.

Ishant with his pace and consistency will choke the middle order for runs and Aus will be 200/6-7

Then Bumrah with his pace and awkward bounce will wipe the tail for less than 50 runs.

Overall I don't see Aus scoring more than 250 against our attack.

You forgot ball won't swing there. Cowlashers will do.

Just looking at stats is so depressing for foreign bowlers in aus. Even the great steyn averaged almost 29. Our bowler’s averages look like batting averages. 

Purely statistically I’m not keeping my hopes high for this series, will be interesting to see how effective bumrah will be. He is interesting because he isn’t very tall but does manage to get some lift off the length ala Marshall. All the great aus bowlers have been at least 6’2 to get steep bounce: McGrath, Gillespie, Clark, Hazlewood etc.

So honestly apart from Bumrah and maybe Sharma, you can choose any 2 other wildcards and I doubt they can make much difference.

However like others have said we should pick tall bowlers for the other two spots and not shami who’s more of a skiddy bowler so his chances of succeeding there are less.

Finally, it’s clear that the team management hasn’t planned for the AUS tour and groomed uncapped tall bowlers beforehand.

7 minutes ago, UnknownGenius said:

This is not Ashwin vs Jadeja. Both should play

Jadeja is a way better all rounder than Pandya. Just because Pandya is medium pacer has no extra value when he keeps leaking momentum swinging 9 - 0 - 46 - 0 spells

Jadeja 

Ashwin

3 fast bowlers 

Except the OP is talking about the test series...

2 hours ago, Temujin Khaghan said:

Bhuvi 

Ashwin

Ishanth

Shami

Bumrah

I will play bhuvi over pandya as the allrounder and Ashwin over jadeja...

I would also request our tailenders KLR, bumrah, shami and Umesh to put a price on their wickets... :p

Bhuv does not have game for aus pandya will bowl better there

Edited by Vilander
11 hours ago, rkt.india said:

i would like bit tallish high arm action bowlers who can utilize bounce in Australia and can bowl in good areas.  Both Shami and Yadav are inconsistent and lack natural bounce.  

If i was the coach, I would have looked at Saini, Rajpoot kind of bowlers along with Bumrah, Ishant and Siraj.  These 5 would be my choice. 

Shammi is quite accurate and I think he is a must. 

Umesh has declined. 

I would select

Shammi 

Ishant

Siraj

Khaleel 

Avesh khan

Bumrah

Bhuvi as all rounder and only one spinner Ashwin...thoigh I cud select just 4 pacers in 11 as Ishant is a long stamina bowler and Bhuvi bumrah are good for longish spells too... Get Siraj who is young and won't get tired and play extra batsman in 11.

Play ash only if it makes logical sense else sixth spare batsman vihari also bowls off spin. 

Siraj 

Bumrah

Bhuvi or ishant depending on pitch. 

Shammi 

Avesh or Khaleel could be in spare. 

Edited by vishalvirsingh
8 hours ago, Vilander said:

Bhuv does not have game for aus pandya will bowl better there

I agree .... and Pandya can always bounce back with the bat ....  and his fielding is top notch 

If Bhuvi plays and gets smashed around, for greater good of avoiding trundlers, it is not bad either as it could translate in to a full stop for some time to his test career, which ironically started in Aus  :dontknow:

Edited by zen
2 hours ago, SUMO said:

Cummis will bowl 150+ starc 145+ hazle 140

We should play siraj...only he can bowl 145+ consistently.

Bumrah ishant siraj can give them somewhat good competition.

Shami and umesh as back ups....no bhuvi or trundul.

If avesh is picked it will be great.

Are you talking about tests.  In a spell or a complete over or do you mean the whole test.  Do you mean fastest ball ? 

In terms of average speed the difference is not of substance. 

Shami ishant bumrah will be in starting 11 siraj can be considered of one of them suck or gets injured. 

3 hours ago, zen said:

I agree .... and Pandya can always bounce back with the bat ....  and his fielding is top notch 

If Bhuvi plays and gets smashed around, for greater good of avoiding trundlers, it is not bad either as it could translate in to a full stop for some time to his test career, which ironically started in Aus  :dontknow:

Aus has dry hard pitches with no lateral movement and bhuvs stock length which is shortish will not work in Australia. But he picks length to bowl pretty quickly just trails bumrah in that even ishant picks length quickly now, only challenge is shami.

Edited by Vilander

bumrah - leader

ishant - bounce , smarter now

pandya- all rounder 

bhuvi - swing and allrounder

jadeja- all rounder 

these are my picks

shami substitute in spin friendly pitches as he is deadly in reverse . also if bhuvi injured or not doung well

khaleel - take if bumrah injured or in place of pandya if jadeja and kumar bat 

ashwin - in case you want two spinners

kuldeep if either spinner injured 

siraj as backup or net bowler

shardul - in virar 11 away from indian team