Rahane, Ashwin and Karthik to play Deodhar Trophy

Mosher

7 hours ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

Mavi

Rajpoot

Kulwant

Prasidh

Where are they ? how many of them are injured??

Who is pappu roy? Where is anukul roy??

Dhawal, kaul, unadkat.............ye attack raina ko form men laane ki saazish hai

I think Dhawal know some biggies in BCCI....

For such a poor skillset, he should not be close to Mumbai cricket(leave Indian cricket)

25 minutes ago, UnknownGenius said:

Just like Shardul he has bambi mafia lobby to back him up. he will keep getting selected just like Rohit was for test matches and Rahane continues to be. Rahane should be nowhere near any limited overs game let alone as captain. Expect some more selfish innings form him while BML pushes for his inclusion to WC 2019

By that very logic Dhongi the Mafia namesake should remain and sit back in his village itself

the biggest problem is people on this forum read or see a bit of some bowler in a domestic game blowing away local batters and think they have seen the greatest bowler of our generation. Just a few months back people were cribbing why the likes of chahar are not part of team now noone wants them. 

Vinay kumar has the better domestic avg that kapil, Zaheer, Srinath yet we all know how his international career went. 

18 minutes ago, jf1gp_1 said:

the biggest problem is people on this forum read or see a bit of some bowler in a domestic game blowing away local batters and think they have seen the greatest bowler of our generation. Just a few months back people were cribbing why the likes of chahar are not part of team now noone wants them. 

Vinay kumar has the better domestic avg that kapil, Zaheer, Srinath yet we all know how his international career went. 

i dont think anyone was cribbing about Chahar not being part of team.

Happy to see rahul chahar, gopal, markande, sundar - Promising spinners.

(Hope they play in XI instead of nadeem, gowtham, ashwin)

Batsmen picked are good overall  abhishek sharma, deepak hooda, samson could have sneaked in.

Rajpoot, avesh, mavi, khejro instead of chahar, kaul, unadkat, kulkarni.

2 hours ago, jf1gp_1 said:

I think people were cribbing for inclusion of chahar for England test in place of Shradul as we all know he gets banana swing with new balls at decent speeds.

Very poor selections regarding pacers and allrounders.

Pacers missing --

Mavi

Khejroliya

Prasidh

Deshpande

Rajpoot

Allrounders  missing -- 

Anukul Roy

Darshan Nalkande

Pranshu Vijayran 

Shivam Dubey

1 )   I know the last 3 allrounders are inexperienced ...  but we need backup pacer allrounders if Hardik is injured.  So, new guys need to be given chances in these tourneys.

2 )   No vision has been shown in these selections.  Most of the good selection pick themselves since 3 teams are being chosen.   But no attempt has been made to find a backup pacer allrounder for LOIs.

3 )   How does Mavi, Prasidh, Khejroliya and Anukul miss out  !!    The first 2 did well for India A recently but can't find a place in India C even  !!   And the last 2 performed well in VH.

4 )  I am beginning to wonder whether the superb A-team selections are mostly due to Dravid's influence.

5 )  All the prominent trundlers are present.  On what basis does Gurbani or Dhawal get in but not Khejroliya  ?    

6)    4  medium pacers,  2 medium fast seamers and only 3 fast bowlers   You know what the selectors are preferring  nowadays.

Edited by express bowling
27 minutes ago, express bowling said:

Very poor selections regarding pacers and allrounders.

Pacers missing --

Mavi

Khejroliya

Prasidh

Deshpande

Rajpoot

Allrounders  missing -- 

Anukul Roy

Darshan Nalkande

Pranshu Vijayran 

Shivam Dubey

1 )   I know the last 3 allrounders are inexperienced ...  but we need backup pacer allrounders if Hardik is injured.  So, new guys need to be given chances in these tourneys.

2 )   No vision has been shown in these selections.  Most of the good selection pick themselves since 3 teams are being chosen.   But no attempt has been made to find a backup pacer allrounder for LOIs.

3 )   How does Mavi, Prasidh, Khejroliya and Anukul miss out  !!    The first 2 did well for India A recently but can't find a place in India C even  !!   And the last 2 performed well in VH.

4 )  I am beginning to wonder whether the superb A-team selections are mostly due to Dravid's influence.

5 )  All the prominent trundlers are present.  On what basis does Dhawal get in but not Khejroliya  ?    

6)    4  medium pacers,  2 medium fast seamers and only 3 fast bowlers   You know what the selectors are preferring  nowadays.

I owe them my words

M@d@#"&$#d

On 10/18/2018 at 6:56 PM, Mosher said:

Good that Aaron is picked up after his good performance in VH. Shocking that Khejroliya is not picked up after his 6-fer and Deshpande after his 5-fer. These two have picked up wickets whenever they have played. 

only varun and saini are the fast bowler among the three teams...i think all others are trundler brigade in all the three teams. correct me if i am wrong. 

not a good selection for the pacers...

46 minutes ago, SecondSlip said:

Who the F is this? :rofl:

Pappu is a left arm spinner who plays for Odisha. Coming from a underprivileged background, great that he has made it this far. Hope he does well.

Pappu Roy- a Bengal born cricketer who plays for Odisha in domestic cricket is the new inspiring story emerging in Indian cricket. The left-arm spinner has arrived at the top-level cricket after a heart-wrenching journey. Pappu who lost his parents in the early childhood, on Thursday made it to the Ajinkya Rahane-led India C team for the upcoming Deodhar Trophy.

“Bhaiya log bulate the aur bolte the ball dalega toh khana khilaoonga. Aur har wicket ka 10 rupaiya dete the. (Seniors in my locality used to summon me to bowl and gave me Rs 10 per wicket),” Papu was quoted as saying by India Today.

After losing his parents, Pappu lived with his uncle and aunt for some years but once his uncle, a daily labourer, also passed away, he struggled to even arrange one meal a day. However, he currently lives at a rented place in Kolkata’s Picnic Garden.

“Unko (parents) kabhi dekha nahin… Kabhi gaon gaya nahin, khali suna hai (Never seen them nor have I been anytime to my native. I’ve only heard about them). Wish they were here today to see me playing for India C. I could not sleep whole night yesterday and kept crying. I think my years and years of hard work is finally paying off now,” Roy said while remembering his old times.

https://www.crictracker.com/tracing-pappu-roys-journey-the-cricketer-who-got-picked-for-india-c-in-deodhar-trophy/