Ranji trophy 2018-19

58 minutes ago, vvvslaxman said:

Saw a bit of him. He is able to move it off the seam. For the first time he looked like the guy i saw in under-19 world cup.  If he adds ab it muscle and add 5 more ks he can come back.

Still bowls around 125. I also saw Vinay bowl a few leg breaks around that speed on this wicket, hence I'm not going to judge any bowler's performance on this pitch.

If one were to just look at scorecard and few highlights without the speed gun, Vinay & Jaydev would be the next new ball pair for India.

Edited by Clarke
5 minutes ago, Clarke said:

Still bowls around 125. I also saw Vinay bowl a few leg breaks around that speed on this wicket, hence I'm not going to judge any bowler's performance on this pitch.

If one were to just look at scorecard and few highlights without the speed gun, Vinay & Jaydev would be the next new ball pair for India.

But hotstar didn't show any speeds. I thought it was in the 130s

3 hours ago, Wall2018 said:

Actually it's was the umpiring which was awesome for pujara's scoring....

Why are so many Karnataka Ranji team supporters so upset? Same poor umpiring got you into the QFs. For a set of fans preaching morality (why Pujara did not walk), all this would have made sense if you had dropped Vinay Kumar for not walking in the QFs. You can't have it both ways.

Umpiring standards in domestic cricket have been poor and based on what I have seen this season, no team has suffered more than Mumbai . But they do not go around town caling their opponents as cheats.

And BTW Karnataka should remember how they won 2014-15 Ranji semi final vs Mumbai. But for the umpiring howlers, there would have been no Ranji trophy win that season.

why spectators take Ranji matches so emotionally???  Take these matches from the view point of 'being beneficial  for the national team' only .  I don't care even a bit as to whether my state team  won or lost in any round....yes ... if they make it to the other round ... fine ..

but if they fall midway, no regrets what so ever... it is all about Indian team ... the best 11 should always be in the team ...whether it be

a Kannadiga or Maratha of Punjabi or Tamilian or Assamese or who ever.... 

Day 1 of the Ranji finals today. Excellent bowling from Saurashtra, Vidarbha 200/7. Engrossing day, tough hard cricket on a very good pitch, offered lots of seam, turn and some bounce, only thing missing was pace. 

250-275 will be a very good 1st innings total. Will not be surprised to see Umesh pick another 5-er, wicket is tailor made for his style of bowling.

Tough season for Lodha Commission fanbois:

two of the state boards who they wanted to disenfranchise Vidarbha and Saurashtra are in the Ranji Trophy final :phehe:

I don't care who wins, but I hope our international players perform well. I caught a dodgy stream, and the bowling seemed good so far. Pujara will be the key in the match I think. 

Edited by Tibarn
1 hour ago, GolGappe said:

This Hindi English commentary combination doesn't jive. Has no flow and feels like commentators out of sync with each other.

Sad sight. Hardly 100 spectators for final of country's premier domestic competition.

Umesh has got bit of a belly.

At Nagpur, even Test matches hardly get 3-4000 spectators. The ground is so far outside the city with no public transport. Plus the whole scheduling itself is wrong. Should have started on a Friday so that Day 2 and 3 were on weekends, would have seen decent crowds. There were around 500 on Day 1 (Sunday).