“Leave India,” Virat Kohli Tells Fan Who Like Foreign Batsmen More Than Indian Batsmen and the tale of Sachin and his Ferrari

30 minutes ago, beetle said:

As long as he is not looking for a politician to do favors and only looking for legal exemptions  according to the law of the land ....it is fine .

Don't worry ,if Dravid screws up...the god's bhakts will make sure to it becomes a big issue.....no chinta baba ji.

Exemptions are always legal! And always by the law of the land. A politician can sign, expedite and initiate the process, there is a committee from the DRI which reviews cases and this can be then debated with the Union Minister. 

If the exemption is not legal, it ain't an exemption. Its smuggling.

Edited by Mariyam
4 hours ago, Global.Baba said:

I have some rules.

Unless it is a diamond( which can be one of those blood diamonds) or cash (it could be laundered money) or women (could be honey trap or human trafficking ) or weapons ( could be used in terrorism) I think I am going to accept every other  gift no questions asked :)

Edit- adding poached animals as well, I take this gifting **** very seriously :hitler:

Baba, you are supposed to have given up on all the mortal pleasures of life. Why would you accept gifts? :no:

25 minutes ago, Mariyam said:

If you don't mind me asking, for what have you applied for an exemption of import duty for? And in which year?

in early 2000s. chest freezer & fridge. Had them shipped to mom and dad via someone i know who works I/E. was denied, which i knew would be the case with corrupt money-grubbing baboos of the land, but applied anyways :)

Edited by Muloghonto
41 minutes ago, Global.Baba said:

You are telling me you have never used influence or called in a favor from a friend/relative ever?

Did Sachin buy a Ferrari and then avoid paying tax on it?

Someone gives you a free gift but then you realize you have to pay money on it for something you didn’t even buy of your free will,pretty sure each and every one of us would do the same. Clearly it is not a matter of few chump change. It’s import duty on a frickin Ferrari a very expensive car.

I mean how are people not getting such a straightforward concept? 

:wall:

We understand the concept. It is called theft.

You are the one who does not get it. You are in a denial.

42 minutes ago, Muloghonto said:

No, the man applied for an exemption through the proper channels. perfectly legal and happen all the time. anyone can apply for an exemption to import duty tax. I have applied for it too in the past. 

Indian golfer , I forgot his name won a Lexus and government denied him an exemption and he could not bring it in.

Sachin was allowed to. You may not have a problem with favortism and double standards but I do.

9 minutes ago, Khota said:

Indian golfer , I forgot his name won a Lexus and government denied him an exemption and he could not bring it in.

Sachin was allowed to. You may not have a problem with favortism and double standards but I do.

this is nonsensical argument.

In every scenario where exemptions can be applied, there WILL be favoritism unless exemption is 100% granted or 100% denied. 

Any accepted case of said exemption, is mathematial case of favoritism against the denied case.....

1 hour ago, Global.Baba said:

Ever heard the concept of going to an accountant and looking at every loophole to get a refund?

people go the next state if it is close by for shopping if there is no tax or  if goods are cheaper. Pretty sure you and me would try and save a buck if we can. This isn’t some extraordinary circumstance. Stop making a big deal of it 

How is this any different? 

You asked me to stop baba but you are showing your tullu to your own request..amd continue to talk about it..i am exercising great restraint here..stop talking about it.

12 minutes ago, Muloghonto said:

this is nonsensical argument.

In every scenario where exemptions can be applied, there WILL be favoritism unless exemption is 100% granted or 100% denied. 

Any accepted case of said exemption, is mathematial case of favoritism against the denied case.....

Why is exemption selectively enforced? Does that not offend you?

12 minutes ago, Muloghonto said:

no theft involved. Does not fit the definition of theft. Money i am legally entitled to keep, is by definition, cannot be theft. 

This is the classic definition of theft.

3 minutes ago, Vilander said:

You asked me to stop baba but you are showing your tullu to your own request..amd continue to talk about it..i am exercising great restraint here..stop talking about it.

Since you are flowing with intellectual points on customs, tax,ethics etc I won’t stop you, go

for it lol

10 minutes ago, Khota said:

Why is exemption selectively enforced? Does that not offend you?

No ofcourse it does not offend me- and i say it as probably the only one here who's been refused a similar exemption. 

The whole point of exemption-by DEFINITION of the word, is to exempt- which means to say 'exception to the norm'. As such, any exemption will be somewhere between 100% denial and 100% granted - the latter two conditions ( 100% refusal or acceptance of exemption) makes the whole concept of exemption redundant!!!

By definition, exemptions of any sort are to be selectively applied only....otherwise it is not an exemption- its either a right or straight-up illegal.

This is the classic definition of theft.

?

Money i can legally keep, according to the laws of the land, following the legal process, where i DID NOT MAKE THE LAW ( so no corrupt dictator enriching himself angle), is theft ?! In what world again is that theft ?

Edited by Muloghonto
1 hour ago, Mariyam said:

Beetleji please make up your mind! Initially you said evasion of duty. Now you are saying its corruption.

In legal speak, the line between lobbying and corruption is very thin, but the definitive difference is that lobbying is an open process and done in total transparency. Corruption is when its a cloak and daggers things. When other's don't know that there is a push for a certain law/amendment/exemption etc.

And in this case, if people weren't aware about the lobbying, there would be no PIL. Under the purview of the laws of the land, this is not corruption at all!

PS: The equivalence with a politicians son is a false one. Sachin got his Ferrari as a gift for sporting excellence. It wasn't that he desired one. In fact he sold it a few years later. Also you are assuming that at the time of getting the keys from Schumacher, he would be aware of the ramifications. That is something he *may* have realized later. Hindsight is always 20/20.

I am not a lawyer so will stick to plain speak.

Getting the exemption waiver using political contacts is corruption.

Trying to get undue favors for friend/ ex business partner  though political connections is corruption.

If the waiver was legal...the court would not have made him cough the dues through the so called gifter.

I don't know in which world this is not called corruption . To most people who don't have bhakt blinders on...it is blatant misuse of ones influence to get undue benifits through morally flexible politicians.

13 minutes ago, beetle said:

I am not a lawyer so will stick to plain speak.

Getting the exemption waiver using political contacts is corruption.

Trying to get undue favors for friend/ ex business partner  though political connections is corruption.

If the waiver was legal...the court would not have made him cough the dues through the so called gifter.

I don't know in which world this is not called corruption . To most people who don't have bhakt blinders on...it is blatant misuse of ones influence to get undue benifits through morally flexible politicians.

Behna, that makes no sense. You simply do not know the process. 

Customs officials are usually scape-goated so much for corruption (and they also have corrupt ones amongst them ruining their reputations) that most of the time, a customs official will NEVER stamp on the waiver form unless told to do so by a politician running the department. 
Simple reality.

Everyone who wants exemption gets in touch with the politician for it. I wrote a letter to the Vidhan Sabha dude from Diamond Harbor when i applied for it. Thats how you go around it.

Courts did not make HIM cough up anything- the courts simply found an ERROR in the waiver process, likely noticed BECAUSE he is such a celebrity and made sure the action was corrected. If anything, he is the victim here of undue press negativity and loss of reputation due to a third party screw-up intending to gift him something.

He is getting no undue benefits - you can apply for said waiver when you import goods into India any time you wish.

Any Indian citizen/OCI can.