Did the Australian media fool Team India about the Perth pitch?

SecondSlip

5 hours ago, Lala said:

They are anyway fools, no need to fool them deliberately :cantstop: 

#foolsinlifetime :cantstop:

but the biggest fools seem to  come from Pakistan. Inzamam ,who despite foreseeing the fact that  Pakistan is going to lose a home series to NZL selected his nephew Imam for opening. Aamer Sohail,Rameez Raja etc etc despite  knowing the fact   that it is going to damage PAkistan's cricket legacy, proclaims in public that  prime minister Kaptaan sahib was a chronic ball tamperor. These are all acts of

'cutting the trunk one himself is sitting' .

They shaved the grass off before the match. All the hype was happening before the match. Right before the toss they had the chance to read the pitch. But in all honesty not even Australian cricketers of the past had no clue how it would behave. Everything was a guess work. THey were able to extract something even from Adelaide oval. I believe our bowlers can do the same in this pitch as well (except against the tail may be). 

Shastri and Kohli have screwe*d up selection number of times, they have no idea how to select a team. This is becoming a big problem , not having a spinner and essentially having a long tail is asking for trouble.

Selecting Yadav makes no sense, he has no sense of direction, we already have spray gun in Shami why add a spray gun worse than him.

These two mor*ons are costing India big time by their idiotic selections.Aussie press always plays 12th man for their team and it is no surprise they hyped this pitch so much.

Edited by putrevus

The pitch has lived up to the expectation. Not unplayable, but enough for pacers. It is eerily similar to the Capetown pitch. I think we have conceeded too many runs already in the 1st innings just like that Capetown match. I don't think we will able to cross 150, even once on this pitch 

7 minutes ago, Insidious said:

The pitch has lived up to the expectation. Not unplayable, but enough for pacers. It is eerily similar to the Capetown pitch. I think we have conceeded too many runs already in the 1st innings just like that Capetown match. I don't think we will able to cross 150, even once on this pitch 

Capetown pitch had a lot for seamers.

2 hours ago, vvvslaxman said:

They shaved the grass off before the match. All the hype was happening before the match. Right before the toss they had the chance to read the pitch. But in all honesty not even Australian cricketers of the past had no clue how it would behave. Everything was a guess work. THey were able to extract something even from Adelaide oval. I believe our bowlers can do the same in this pitch as well (except against the tail may be). 

Not entirely true.  If the pitch was as much of a green mamba as the hype, aus would have tweaked their lineup.  

Not picking Jadeja here is criminal - this much was obvious.  Banjo, as big a bhuvi fan I am, I was advocating picking Jaddu in a 4 man attack.  If Vihari can "bounce out" a batsman, Jaddu would have terrorized these guys.  

And he wasn't picked for Umesh?  I mean seriously? If Yadav doesn't pull his **** together and bowl significantly better the rest of the test, I think he's ruled himself out for future away tests.  Its time to turn the page and get the likes of Siraj in.  

2 hours ago, Insidious said:

Cape town had steep bounce from lengths and seam movement after pitching was prodigious. It's not as exaggerated here as it was in Cape town but let's see how the pitch plays in the next couple of days it the cracks widen underneath