Update : 6th consecutive 5-wkt haul for Aniket choudhary in Ranji cricket

another matter w.r.t him is that he seems to pick a lot wkts 'bowled' for a 6'3 or 6'4 bowler.It means  his height, fast & skiddy release, left arm,various angles from which he bowls all makes it difficult for batsmen  to read when the ball pitches that short of good length  spot.what is that nut case Prasad doing  in there?

I find  him lot closer to a left handed version of Dale Steyn

Edited by rtmohanlal
On 12/16/2018 at 2:32 AM, Ankit_sharma03 said:

5th consecutive 5-fer for Aniket chaudhary 
We lost out a huge opp to try him in home series against Aus when Ishant was struggling and aniket was not picking wkts in domestic but was called in nets & was troubling kohli big time in nets. Now he may find it tough to get in Indian team

Its important to introduce talent at right time . Neways this is a gr8 achievement

aniket_0802afp_875-1487589056-800.jpg

Not nice to say this, but his face in that pic looks like that dukaanvaala bhaiyaji in a gaon with all those small bottles of candy with ants crawling all around.  

6 minutes ago, sandeep said:

Not nice to say this, but his face in that pic looks like that dukaanvaala bhaiyaji in a gaon with all those small bottles of candy with ants crawling all around.  

The guy bowls 135-140 kmph with his dukaanvala looks and picks wickets regularly. Has been a MRF pace academy trainee under a McGrath, so there has to be some ability.

59 minutes ago, ShoonyaSifar said:

The guy bowls 135-140 kmph with his dukaanvala looks and picks wickets regularly. Has been a MRF pace academy trainee under a McGrath, so there has to be some ability.

Don't get me wrong, bowlers and especially pace bowlers have to be supremely fit and athletic to execute the hardest job in cricket - physically and skill wise.  So lot of respect to him.  it was just an off the cuff remark, lame joke or whatever.

Now that we have won the series in Australia, Ishant would get another 5 year extension to dish out some more mediocre performances. Some of these guys playing domestics are seriously unlucky to not be getting chances to play at the highest level even when those selected have average or poor performances. There should really never be another chance for Umesh on any away tour.  He is consistently poor away from home and has been so over a long period of time. 

8 hours ago, Texan said:

Now that we have won the series in Australia, Ishant would get another 5 year extension to dish out some more mediocre performances. Some of these guys playing domestics are seriously unlucky to not be getting chances to play at the highest level even when those selected have average or poor performances. There should really never be another chance for Umesh on any away tour.  He is consistently poor away from home and has been so over a long period of time. 

well said... this is the main problem. Now that they have won the most important trophy, they will stay on 'all is well that ends well'  policy.

Ishant and Umesh(in particular) needs to be very effieciently & sparsely utilized. Ishant has been brilliant in last 2 years in SENA.

Seems he has added some thing to his armory .So he can  compliment well in SENA tours for a few years if efficiently used, it seems.

http://stats.espncricinfo.com/ci/engine/player/236779.html?class=1;spanmax1=08+Jan+2019;spanmin1=08+Jan+2017;spanval1=span;template=results;type=bowling

But with Umesh,  the only place he is comfortable in general is at home.

http://stats.espncricinfo.com/ci/engine/player/376116.html?class=1;spanmax1=08+Jan+2019;spanmin1=08+Jan+2017;spanval1=span;template=results;type=bowling

Hope the team management tries a few talented guys instead of Umesh  in SENA tours moving forward especially Siraj,Aniket etc.

As i see more of their  bowling .. i do not think Aniket is the guy who can be the next in queue for Tests .

Can't see him bowling with intensity and does not have age also in his side .

In fact i do not think even Rajpoot can make it now . Looks good when ball is new or there is help in the pitch . 

Otherwise listless .

May be Siraj & Saini are the ones who may jump the queue with some improvement.

1 hour ago, prudent_kreeda said:

As i see more of their  bowling .. i do not think Aniket is the guy who can be the next in queue for Tests .

Can't see him bowling with intensity and does not have age also in his side .

In fact i do not think even Rajpoot can make it now . Looks good when ball is new or there is help in the pitch . 

Otherwise listless .

May be Siraj & Saini are the ones who may jump the queue with some improvement.

Siraj:hysterical: he is wayward .umesh 2.0

4 hours ago, prudent_kreeda said:

Caveat ..   with some improvement 

Waywardness can be overcome .  But you need to have wicket taking ability and bowl decently even with old ball. 

Just like Umesh Yadav ..atleast Umesh Yadav is better for India pitch but can't say about Siraj . whatever I have seen him he don't have much skill to success in international arena.

37 minutes ago, test fan said:

Just like Umesh Yadav ..atleast Umesh Yadav is better for India pitch but can't say about Siraj . whatever I have seen him he don't have much skill to success in international arena.

Does he not have any skill  or does not have control to use it effectively ?

I do not think we have more than 4 possible future test bowlers as of now -> Saini, Siraj, Mavi,Avesh &  could be Ankit  .

Out of them Saini & Siraj may make the grade first. 

However my future bet is Mavi .  May be proved wrong . No issues .