India will draw 3rd test and win 4th to win Border-Gavaskar trophy

I dunno, depending on the pitch we could play all 4 of Pandya/Ashwin/Jadeja/Kumar with possibly Parthiv opening the batting. I think the biggest concern is the pitch, if it has live grass we're screwed. If it turns we're n with half a chance provided we play 2 spinners, on an absolute road I'll give Aus the edge because of the pacers they have. One thing's for sure we can't play all 3 Ishant/Shami/Bumrah with their non existent batting. It's like we're playing one no.11 with an avg of 1 spread across 3 tailenders, basically these guys are acting worse than any tailender I've seen in the past.

I feel we we can still win this. Remember this Aussie batting doesn't  have even 1 world class batter. It's just that our batting has been minnow level except 2 players.

Best team will be...

Mayank

Rohit/Parthiv

Pujara

Kohli

Rahane

Vihari/Pandya

Pant

Ashwin

Shami

Ishant

Bumrah

Knowing Kohli, he will select Pandya 100%. But Vihari did play well. I don't know how but I feel he should be accommodated. Perhaps shift him to opening. He deserves another chance.

On 12/18/2018 at 9:27 AM, Cricketics said:

One can make the tail as much stronger, until your openers keep getting out cheaply every inning in partnership, it will be hard to win any test. 

Opening fix karo, sab theek hoyega. Warna bhagwan bharose . 

England ke openers hamse bhi bekar they. vo tail ke dum pe series jeet gaye.

Edited by rkt.india
On 12/18/2018 at 9:17 AM, R!TTER said:

With this tail we won't win jack, criticize the top order all you want but this pathetic lot was the significant difference in England as well as here. Just because they're picking up wickets easily, on helpful wickets, doesn't mean they throw their wickets away! I mean I've seen the 1999 capitulation down under but even that lineup had a better trail than this bunch of chimps, unequivocally this is the worst tail I've seen in the last 40 years, after the spin quartet disbanded.

Our tail starts at 1 and 2. There's no way in hell you can win matches with this pathetic batting lineup.

7 hours ago, rkt.india said:

England ke openers hamse bhi bekar they. vo tail ke dum pe series jeet gaye.

Curran isn’t tail, woh all rounder hai. And Broad has been known for a long time o bat. He has history of scoring runs. He scored against India to win an ODI with p’ship with Bopara where India needed 3 wickets and Broad batted like a proper bat and won them the game.

Pandya is not of the same value for now. He is hit or miss. England actually have bowlers who can not just hold bat but actually play like proper batsman. Adil Rasheed is also a proper bat. 

They aren’t really tailenders.