Playing 11 for Sydney Test

zen

Dry SCG pitch ....

Australia skipper Tim Paine expects India will be excited by the prospect of a dry SCG pitch for the fourth Test in Sydney, saying it's been a "frustration" that conditions so far in the Domain Test Series have at times played into the hands of the tourists.

Australia are expecting another dry and slow pitch in Sydney this week and have added leg-spinning allrounder Marnus Labuschagne to their squad.

India could also have a full complement of spin options to choose from in Sydney, with Ravichandran Ashwin close to full fitness having missed the past two Tests with a side problem.

While acknowledging India had outplayed his side in Melbourne, Paine said he was disappointed that the much-maligned MCG pitch had not favoured the home side's bowling attack.

"We're hearing it's probably going to be a little bit dry (at the SCG) … I'm sure India will be really looking forward to it," Paine told Macquarie Radio.

The potential return of Ashwin from injury could leave India with a selection headache in Sydney given left-arm tweaker Ravindra Jadeja took five top-order wickets at the MCG.

A recall for pace-bowling allrounder Hardik Pandya could allow the tourists to play both spinners and leave out one of their frontline quicks, who have performed admirably in the opening three Tests but could be excused for being below their best in Sydney given they've bowled an average of 117 overs each in the series.

Such a move would likely see Ashwin and Jadeja bat at No.8 and No.9 in the order respectively, adding plenty of batting depth for a match they only need to draw to secure their first-ever Test series win in Australia.

"I think Ashwin's very close to being match-fit," skipper Virat Kohli said. "He's been bowling a lot of overs and I'm sure these next four days will make him even stronger.

"It being the last Test match, he will be willing to push himself and start for the team.

"But … it depends on what kind of pitch we get in Sydney.

Kohli has stated that Ashwin is likely to play. Here is my XI.

Only 2 guys cannot bat at all. 9 decent batsmen in this list.

5 strong bowlers to take on Australia.

Mayank 

Ashwin has the technique for a one off test to open. Vihari is a walking wicket now.

pujara

kohli

rahane

rohit

pant

pandya

jadeja

shami/Ishant

bumrah

Edited by SRT100

Ishant, Shami, Bumrah all 3 will play no matter what. Kohli will back them. He may even exclude himself not the fast bowlers :) Jaddu will play. No brainer. Vihari, Rohit will be the focus. 

Virat + Rohit  vs  Ashwin + Pandya

Assuming both Ash and Pandya are fully fit as a sum who would you back. 

21 hours ago, SK_IH said:

Yes I know, but he is in the said for his leg spin bowling

No. He isn't because he is just a part-time bowler. He is in the side because he has done well in shield with the bat. If they had to chose a spinner, they have better leg spinners in swepson who has 14 wickets in 5 shield games while labu has only bowled 76 overs averaging 60 with 5 wickets in 5 games, just 15 overs a match. Swepson bowled 180 overs in comparison.

6 hours ago, vvvslaxman said:

I still don't think Bumrah is the best new ball bowler. When Zak/RP was around Ishant was not even close to be a new ball bowler. Shami is a old ball bowler as well. Bumrah is deadly dangerous as a first change bowler. We are not extracting the best out of our bowlers.

Ishant has changed now. Ishant is #1 in swing bowling in 2018.  He is getting the most amount of swing. Likes of RP were very bad with old ball so there was no choice.

6 hours ago, vvvslaxman said:

I still don't think Bumrah is the best new ball bowler. When Zak/RP was around Ishant was not even close to be a new ball bowler. Shami is a old ball bowler as well. Bumrah is deadly dangerous as a first change bowler. We are not extracting the best out of our bowlers.

There is no such thing like new ball bowler in Australia these days. Regarding Zak, he never played in Australia. Always out after first test.

I call him one test wonder, some newbie doing good against us & then gets found out as the tour progresses. He was nothing special, he's also a serial drunkard who got caught calling out gay (lesbian?) female cricketers in a public CA event! Sounds like trash to me, much worse than mad dog Warner.

On 12/30/2018 at 9:50 AM, SK_IH said:

Aus have drafted in Labuschagne for Sydney and Paine hinted at pitch favouring spinners

Don't go by what the Aussies say, our captain & Coach should have already learnt the lesson, not to listen to Ozzie media & players after the Perth test, they were literally taken for a ride.

Sydney pitch's nature has changed quite a bit over the past few years, doesn't really crumble from day 3 as it used to.

Better take the decision after assessing the conditions.

No Rohit so my team below.  Fair not fair, development project in the bin for me.  This is cup final, all about the result

1 Agarwal - should be in odi squad

2 Vijay - farewell test, batted really good in his last innings (looked composed and organised, played some good shots) so thats why picking him.  Better option then Patel and Raul to score most in one off cup final

3 Pujra

4 Kohli

5 Rahane - Big game for him, if flops I would start process of looking at replacement

6 Vihari - Big game to show not poor v short ball , if gets exposed by short ball again back to domestics.  Plays as well as they say it turns so can act as second spinner , dont rate his spin and only bowls in fc as skipper but still handy

7 Pant - so happy with his development.  Crime against indian cricket not in odi squad

8 Jadeja - dynamic in field and could blast some runs

9 Shami - Here comes the first of the numner 11s

10 Ishant - Undroppbale after last 18 months, you dont drop as talles bowler , in form and in oz

11 Bumrah - second best player in team, deserves 80 crore advert deal

On 12/30/2018 at 9:24 AM, motomaverick said:

LOL so many people want that epitome of mediocrity Pandya in the eleven. Bhuvneshwar over him for me any day.

Mayank

Vihari

Pujara

Kohli

Rahane

Pant

Jadeja

Bhuvneshwar

Kuldeep

Shami

Bumrah

Bhuvi is an epitome of mediocrity too.