Hardik Pandya and KL Rahul suspended pending inquiry for their comments in Koffee with Karan

8 minutes ago, The Dark Horse said:

Fair views by Bhajji.  This is the most controversial interview ever given by an Indian cricketer.No wonder none of the cricketers have stood by these two.

Edited by Straight Drive
35 minutes ago, Real McCoy said:

She's just a rabid feminist and a traitor to her own country trying her best to spoil a man's game and India's chances at the WC. I dont know about Rahul but Pandya is a gun allrounder in ODIs atleast.

She is doing the same to the women's game too

Why can't she just be a bad person or bad administrator...why do you have to get the gender in everything ?

3 minutes ago, velu said:

whats wrong in tampering the ball for the country ? :hmm:

Tampering is wrong. And yes Sachin might actually been trying to tamper. But from the footage it seems he has no nails and if this is tampering then I can do that even while picking up ball from ground while Fielding. It's so freaking easy. Compare that to having sandpaper to tamper. Now this is real tampering. 

We should be in no hurry to conduct the inquiry: Diana Edulji

https://www.crictracker.com/we-should-be-in-no-hurry-to-conduct-the-inquiry-diana-edulji/

We should be in no hurry to conduct the inquiry

Firstly, Diana Edulji raised eyebrows over the involvement of the BCCI CEO in the inquiry. Rahul Johri was alleged of sexual harassment in the widespread #MeToo campaign. She had also called him out for lack of professionalism. Both him and Vinod Rai have always been at loggerheads too with regards to various issues in the last few months.

Following the recent decision to suspend Rahul and Hardik, Rai emphasized the need to quicken the whole inquiry. He compiled the same in an email as per reports on India Today. “We must take a view by the time second ODI gets over as we cannot afford to debilitate team strength due to delinquent behaviour on the part of some player.”

However, Edulji again had her own point of view. She felt that by hastening the process, it may seem like an attempt to cover up. She stated in the email, “We should be in no hurry to conduct the inquiry as it would then look like a cover up job being done,”

With less than five months to go for the World Cup and preparations in full swing, India will be surely be hurt by the players’ absence.

Sunil Gavaskar hails BCCI’s decision to send back Hardik Pandya and KL Rahul home

https://www.crictracker.com/sunil-gavaskar-hails-bccis-decision-to-send-back-hardik-pandya-and-kl-rahul-home/

“They [the BCCI] have dealt with it [the controversy]. From what I read in the newspapers today, they have sent them back or asked them to come back. That’s a right way to send a signal,” Gavaskar said while talking on Sony Six.

“If you do things that bring your team and the game into disrepute, then you can’t be part of the team. Of course, the inquiry will then establish what further action, if at all needed, has to be taken,” he added.

The legendary batsman proceeded by saying that sending back the players home was the right thing to do after imposing the suspension.

“They have been asked to come back and I believe it’s the correct step because you can’t have suspended players travelling with the team or staying in the same room. They have got to be kept away. Otherwise what’s the point of the suspension? If they are going to enjoy the perks of being with the team,” he said.

Would not travel in the same bus with them’

Gavaskar is not the only cricketer to slam Pandya and Rahul. On Friday, veteran off-spinner Harbhajan Singh also came down hard on the two. He went as far as saying that he would not want to stay on the same team bus with Pandya or Rahul.

“I will not travel with these two guys in the same bus because if my daughter, if my wife is travelling in the team bus.. how would they feel? You are looking at women in only one angle? That’s not right,” Harbhajan told India Today.

Meanwhile, the off-field controversy is causing problems aplenty for Pandya. Premier shaving brand Gillette has snapped its ties with the allrounder and the latter can face further setback in the coming days.

27 minutes ago, beetle said:

She is doing the same to the women's game too

Why can't she just be a bad person or bad administrator...why do you have to get the gender in everything ?

http://www.indianwomenblog.org/former-indian-cricketer-diana-edulji-slams-bcci-and-calls-it-a-male-chauvinist-organization/

Read the following especially the bold parts. If that doesn't seem feminist to you, I don't know what will. She's a BCCI basher. BCCI says - Good lets accept her in :facepalm:. Duh, if its a male sport, there will be males who will run the sport. What she wants is a female (her and her female friends here on in) to run a male sport.

I don't care how she runs the women's game. Nobody who is honest with themselves will admit to watch a full game of women's cricket. If you think thats sexist, go to the most feminist nation on this planet - USA. WNBA gets little to no viewership compared to the NBA but they still keep it on because they don't want to offend the feminists. And in american football NFL, some games are played with players wearing pink.

This has already made its way to cricket in the name of "Jane McGrath Foundation" where players are gifted a pink cap. Even the last test in Sydney, Kohli had his bat handle and gloves in pink to cater to the feminists. Kohli himself is a male feminist despite his tough appearance. He is our answer to David Warner. He is also a male feminist.

With the Women’s Cricket Team’s recent success in the Women’s World Cup, many people have high hopes for their future. But Diana Edulji, the former Indian cricketer, remarks that the recent success of the women’s cricket team hasn’t been “accepted too well” by some BCCI members.

Speaking at the Express Adda event in Mumbai, Diana Edulji called the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) a “male chauvinist organization,” and claimed that the women’s team hadn’t been appreciated for its success. Diana Edulji, who is now a member of the Supreme Court-appointed Committee of Administrators, is of the opinion that some members of the BCCI even found it difficult to accept the fact that the team was performing well, at all.

I’ve always been a BCCI basher, right from the day women’s cricket came into the BCCI fold in 2006. BCCI is a very male chauvinist organization. They never wanted women to dictate terms or get into this thing. I was very vocal right from my playing days, from when I started, she said.

She even claimed that the former BCCI president, N Srinivasan hated the fact that there was a women’s cricket team. “When Mr. Srinivasan became president, I would like to say that I went to congratulate him at the Wankhede Stadium. He said, ‘If I had my way, I wouldn’t let women’s cricket happen,” she said, recalling her first ever meeting with him.

Well, this stigma against women taking a stand for her dreams is rather deep-rooted as Punam Raut, the star performer in the World Cup, recalls how many people discouraged her from pursuing cricket seriously but she never gave up. “There are many parents who still think along those lines… You’ll get dark if you stay under the sun for six hours. Who’ll get married to you? I’ve seen today’s parents only encourage their daughters to study and say that you’ll have to get married at a fixed age and get settled. I believe if any girl likes playing, or if a sport is her passion, then they should be allowed to play and be supported too.”

Hopefully, the team’s success would be the stepping stone on which the empowerment of every woman can rest on.
Info source: Indian Express

Edited by Real McCoy
14 minutes ago, Kannadiga said:

Maybe KL and Pandya should sue Harbhajan and shut him up? That should teach anyone a lesson for loosely running their mouths against any individual. 

And Bhajji should know that ppl did not judge other cricketers based on his behaviour .... even someone should file a lawsuit on BCCI if there are sufficient grounds 

@Real McCoy

What is objectionable about the link.

You think it is easy for women to take up sports in this country?

Srini is a super conservative guy who disowned  his own son for being gay.

It is quite possible that was not supportive of women's cricket.

What did he do for women's cricket during his tenure?

So if a woman ex cricketer talks about the problems women cricketers face,it is wrong ?

Just for info....

feminism
‍ˈफ़े᠎̮मनिज़म्‌

noun
the belief that women should have the same rights and opportunities as men
ऐसा विश्‍वास या सिद्घांत कि स्‍त्रियों को पुरुषों के समान अधिकार और अवसर प्राप्‍त होने चाहिए; नारीवाद

@beetle

Way to beat around the bush. I was highlighting power hungry women like Edulji and not on Srini. She basically said I'm here to bash BCCI in 2006 when Srini was not administering cricket. And what about the WNBA and women's sports in general. There has to be a sporting audience to view these women's games. There are physically challenged games in cricket. Can the physically challenged person claim he/she was hard done by the evil BCCI and they need to make one of them ruling over BCCI. Don't take it on to tangents and give me a lecture

25 minutes ago, beetle said:

@Real McCoy

What is objectionable about the link.

You think it is easy for women to take up sports in this country?

Srini is a super conservative guy who disowned  his own son for being gay.

It is quite possible that was not supportive of women's cricket.

What did he do for women's cricket during his tenure?

So if a woman ex cricketer talks about the problems women cricketers face,it is wrong ?

Just for info....

feminism
‍ˈफ़े᠎̮मनिज़म्‌

noun
the belief that women should have the same rights and opportunities as men
ऐसा विश्‍वास या सिद्घांत कि स्‍त्रियों को पुरुषों के समान अधिकार और अवसर प्राप्‍त होने चाहिए; नारीवाद

Wasn't aware of that son dad tussle. Just googled and found some serious statements by his son.  This is unbelievable stuff.

3 minutes ago, Real McCoy said:

@beetle

Way to beat around the bush. I was highlighting power hungry women like Edulji and not on Srini. She basically said I'm here to bash BCCI in 2006 when Srini was not administering cricket. And what about the WNBA and women's sports in general. There has to be a sporting audience to view these women's games. There are physically challenged games in cricket. Can the physically challenged person claim he/she was hard done by the evil BCCI and they need to make one of them ruling over BCCI. Don't take it on to tangents and give me a lecture

And you stop looking at everything from a gender  point.

Bhajji and Gavaskar  must also be now feminists in your view because they are disgusted by the comments about women made by pandya....

Oh look ,they are talking for women ....feminazis.

1 minute ago, beetle said:

And you stop looking at everything from a gender  point.

Bhajji and Gavaskar  must also be now feminists in your view because they are disgusted by the comments about women made by pandya....

Oh look ,they are talking for women ....feminazis.

No Bhajji and Gavaskar know which side their bread is buttered. Why not focus on my main points. You seem to avoid it.

Indian squads for the last 50 years have always included 5-6 cricketers who have indulged in a little womanizing on the side. Difference is that it was previously done discretely, and if the beans were ever spilled, it was certainly not by the cricketer himself. These two idiots so proudly announced it. Like school kids looking to win the admiration of their peers.  

4 minutes ago, Real McCoy said:

No Bhajji and Gavaskar know which side their bread is buttered. Why not focus on my main points. You seem to avoid it.

What main point?

You seem to have a problem with women .You can join velu in his feminist thread .

8 minutes ago, Real McCoy said:

This is her story. Don't know if its true and going by her latest exploits, could very well be lying

I had heard about this even before she was part of the Coa.

She could be lying or she could very well be telling the truth.

1 minute ago, kosingh said:

Indian squads for the last 50 years have always included 5-6 cricketers who have indulged in a little womanizing on the side. Difference is that it was previously done discretely, and if the beans were ever spilled, it was certainly not by the cricketer himself. These two idiots so proudly announced it. Like school kids looking to win the admiration of their peers.  

People don't have a problem with womanising if they did not break rules.

People have a problem in the disrespectful way of talking about it ..

..that too in public (which means they have no issues being seen as disrrspectful )