Bring Back Pant in ODI - Harbhajan Singh

Khota

17 hours ago, Khota said:

He believes Pant should be part of ODI and I agree. I think our first choice should be Karthic (who I believe is slightly ahead of Pant) and Pant @ 2. Dhoni should be not a part of discussion anymore.

https://www.rediff.com/cricket/report/india-need-rishabh-pant-for-the-world-cup/20190109.htm

khota bhai .. we should not thinking about  removing dhoni before the wc :phehe: 

8 hours ago, jalebi_bhai said:

I'm afraid we'll rarely see that Dhoni at international level anymore. That explosiveness is more or less gone from his batting as his hand-eye coordination with the bat has deserted him. From 34-35 onwards, age irreversibly catches up with athletes. 

He isn't intentionally striking at barely 70 these days; it's just natural, terminal decline. 

7 hours ago, maniac said:

You are making it seem like MSD has been sucking due to his own choice :laugh:

In recent times he has tried to attack but just couldn’t connect due to declining hand eye coordination  or even rotate strike which he was so good at on his prime. He has even struggled against spinners.

True and I won't disagree. But the grounds are pretty small in England. Plus, I think that this World Cup will be unlike any other given the brand of cricket England are playing in the ODIs and more recently NZ. If either of these two teams make it past the initial stages, the others willl be forced to play in the same manner - basically your #1 - #7 slogging relentlessly. 

Must say I can't remember being this disinterested in a WC ever before.

On 1/9/2019 at 8:22 PM, diga said:

Pant's list-A stats are not that impressive compared to his first class stats... may be he needs to hone his skills in Vijay Hazare trophy and then vie for WK role

I think it's because he has tended to over-attack in ODIs and failed to find the balance. Pant is one of those curious cricketers who has a good T2O (not T2O-I) and FC record, but not List A since List A requires a superposition of the two formats. If he is more patient, I think he can do well in ODIs. One aspect of his game that does need work in ODIs is strike rotation.

On current List A stats though, one could argue that kishan is a more dangerous keeper-batsman for ODIs. this is mostly because he has had the "plum" opportunity of opening most of the innings.

Harbhajan Singh criticises Hardik Pandya, KL Rahul for jeopardising reputation of cricketers after KWK row

https://www.timesnownews.com/sports/cricket/article/harbhajan-singh-criticises-hardik-pandya-kl-rahul-for-jeopardising-reputation-of-cricketers-after-kwk-row/346042

He [Hardik] tried to look cool on TV by putting other players also on the same level. People might think that Harbhajan Singh is one of them, Anil Kumble is also one of them and Sachin Tendulkar is also one of them. We are not like them.

@Khota @zen @velu :phehe: