Pandya's raw batting talent

zen

43 minutes ago, ShoonyaSifar said:

Only issue with Pandya is he hasn't played enough FC /domestic cricket and scored those big runs to have the mindset of a batsman. He's good for 30s and 40s but can he up his game and start scoring 60s and 70s and eventually target scoring some 100s across formats? That will be his challenge in the days ahead.

when he batted up the order against Aus home ODIs, he was MOS.  he did score those 70-80s, won a couple of matches for us with the bat in that series.  CT final too he scored 70 plus.  he is not going to get chances to score 100 or even 70s at 7.  At this time, his utility is in score 20 ball 40 kind of innings. scoring those 100s and 70-80s is the job of top 4-5.

10 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

when he batted up the order against Aus home ODIs, he was MOS.  he did score those 70-80s, won a couple of matches for us with the bat in that series.  CT final too he scored 70 plus.  he is not going to get chances to score 100 or even 70s at 7.  At this time, his utility is in score 20 ball 40 kind of innings. scoring those 100s and 70-80s is the job of top 4-5.

That was 15-16 months ago, he was still in his 1st year of ODI cricket. Lost his form since then as teams started to figure out where to bowl to him combined with his own over adventurism. Which is why I said mindset of the batsman. Has the ability, does he have the desire to become consistent and target an average of 35+ across formats? That is his challenge. Not sure he can get all of that just playing international cricket. Some domestic cricket in between will be of immense help.

9 minutes ago, ShoonyaSifar said:

That was 15-16 months ago, he was still in his 1st year of ODI cricket. Lost his form since then as teams started to figure out where to bowl to him combined with his own over adventurism. Which is why I said mindset of the batsman. Has the ability, does he have the desire to become consistent and target an average of 35+ across formats? That is his challenge. Not sure he can get all of that just playing international cricket. Some domestic cricket in between will be of immense help.

Dont think he lost any form, batting at 7, as barely get to bat up the order and you cant expect consistency at 7 because most of the time either he is coming when there is a collapse or when he has a few overs to bat and just need to throw his bat around, consistency is impossible in such situations.  He is averaging 30 right now with an SR of 116, which is absolutely fine for any #7.  If he can have a better average maintaining his SR than icing on the cake, but at 7, it is the SR that matters more.

1 hour ago, rkt.india said:

I expect him to win us few serious games. Confidence will only increase among fans if he stops missing balls or not hitting  in air and still scoring at decent rate , if he had to walk early.

7 minutes ago, mishra said:

Not really. pandya will become great in modern Cricket if he can be even half the bat mSD was.

So let him 1st play half of MS and stop comparing him to guys liek kapil or MS coz he hasnt even played as much as them

7 minutes ago, mishra said:

Pandya doesnt gives the confidence at all. Thats why you see wrist slitting on icf as soon as top 3 get out.

to u ....he gives to me n many and most importantly captain 

24 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

to u ....he gives to me n many and most importantly captain 

2.5 years is enough time to make call if he is going to win for us. Pleasantly surprised that some fans think that Pandya will win match for us.

As far as captain is concerned,  he has already dropped him off test squad

6 minutes ago, mishra said:

2.5 years is enough time to make call if he is going to win for us. Pleasantly surprised that some fans think that Pandya will win match for us.

As far as captain is concerned,  he has already dropped him off test squad

hasnt he 

who won the only test in england ?

who won u the chennai game , scorecard i gave u

at 7 it wud be mostly 20 ball 40 type innings which wud have an impact might not look match winning on paper

2 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

hasnt he 

at 7 it wud be mostly 20 ball 40 type innings which wud have an impact might not look match winning on paper

Pro-Pandya - Zen, you, and me.  Anti-Pandya - Putrevus, Mishra, Khota.  

All is balanced.  

Just now, Ankit_sharma03 said:

hasnt he 

Our batting. We batted well in Trent bridge. In English coditions even adam holiakes and bopara can pick wickets.

The same scorecard was presented by zen yesterday as a accomplishment. I didnt see the inning but it can be safely said to be a t20’inning

Just now, mishra said:

Our batting. We batted well in Trent bridge. In English coditions even adam holiakes and bopara can pick wickets.

No he picked 5 wkts in a 6 over spell, its him who won the game . That perfomance is called match winning

Just now, mishra said:

The same scorecard was presented by zen yesterday as a accomplishment. I didnt see the inning but it can be safely said to be a t20’inning

ur ignorance

21 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

No he picked 5 wkts in a 6 over spell, its him who won the game . That perfomance is called match winning

ur ignorance

So what is expert opinion on his shots? How many of them are hit and miss? How many were along the ground for a one or 2. How many wasnt a edge over first slip to point region?

every time i watch a bat. I watch those shots instead of looking a random scorecard on cricinfo

27 minutes ago, sandeep said:

Pro-Pandya - Zen, you, and me.  Anti-Pandya - Putrevus, Mishra, Khota.  

All is balanced.  

Sandeep, i am not against Pandya or any young bat. Infact i felt sorry for him when he got injured in asia cup. Not because of his injury, but because i felt weight of expectations is too high. I reset my expectations that day. Let him be Pandya

11 minutes ago, mishra said:

Shocking to expect next Kapil to be in during just halfway of Indian inning.

why are you throwing Kapil's name as if he is some kind of a benchmark? He did not even score a 50 in an ODI in the last 6 years of his career :facepalm:

Records type batting analysis [change type]
View career summary [change view]
Start of match date greater than or equal to 1 Oct 1988 remove greater than or equal to 1 Oct 1988 from query
Ordered by start date (ascending)
dblBakArwB.gifReturn to query menu
dblBakArwW.gifCleared query menu
Career averages
  Span Mat Inns NO Runs HS Ave BF SR 100 50 0  
unfiltered 1978-1994 225 198 39 3783 175* 23.79 3979 95.07 1 14 13 Profile
filtered 1988-1994 101 85 17 1168 48* 17.17 1508 77.45 0 0 4

His last 50 was on Jan 22 1988 and he retired in 1994 :hysterical: