Indian Liberals

Stradlater

7 hours ago, diga said:

Did she forget Sushma Swaraj whose husband did support her political career?

Smriti Irani, her hubby has no interest in politics.

Barakha seems to have outdated mindset that hubby should allways be more powerful/earning then wife. 

Give 15 more years, allmost 50% working women will be ahead of their half

Edited by mishra

53 minutes ago, velu said:

on what basis you are concluding this ?

only industry where women get paid more than men is modelling/fashion 

There will be a lot of men Men married to wonen in Relatively high paying sector. For example man A could be a IT person but his wife could be in investment banking, medical, lawyer, accountancy where they will get paid more. I myself is a example. I know, despite earning more now, by the time i will retire, my wife will be earning allmost double then me. Simply because of the sector Difference and till now, she choose to give more time/attention to family and kids.

Women will pickup in career. Its just that Indian middle class is in still very nascent stage of equal pay. Also, women too have equal risk apetite similar to men. Earlier men/women accept this fact, easier it is.

Edited by mishra

8 minutes ago, mishra said:

There will be a lot of men Men married to wonen in Relatively high paying sector. For example man A could be a IT person but his wife could be in investment banking, medical, lawyer, accountancy where they will get paid more. I myself is a example. I know, despite earning more now, by the time i will retire, my wife will be earning allmost double then me. Simply because of the sector Difference. 

Women will pickup in career. Its just that Indian middle class is in still very nascent stage of equal pay

maybe max 15-20% , not 50% :nono:

52 minutes ago, mishra said:

There will be a lot of men Men married to wonen in Relatively high paying sector. For example man A could be a IT person but his wife could be in investment banking, medical, lawyer, accountancy where they will get paid more. I myself is a example. I know, despite earning more now, by the time i will retire, my wife will be earning allmost double then me. Simply because of the sector Difference and till now, she choose to give more time/attention to family and kids.

Women will pickup in career. Its just that Indian middle class is in still very nascent stage of equal pay. Also, women too have equal risk apetite similar to men. Earlier men/women accept this fact, easier it is.

+1

She’s in financial sector earns much more because of the bonus as well despite being less experienced. I use that excuse to invest more time in the kitchen cooking what I like, how I like. 

Just now, mishra said:

Ok alpha male.  But don’t feel bad when you are retired at A salary and your wife is still working at A++ salary with Lot bigger pension pot.

i dont mind if my wife earns 10x of mine .. 

and nothing related to alpha or beta .. its umpossible that 50% of the women will earn more than man :whack3:

also even in developed countries la

40 minutes ago, coffee_rules said:

+1

She’s in financial sector earns much more because of the bonus as well despite being less experienced. I use that excuse to invest more time in the kitchen cooking what I like, how I like. 

Yes, Its big help. I will tell by personal experience. All my frnds have similar valued homes and generally pay for all running expenses. One of my frnd, was looking to buy a new home. He was looking for home in price range similar to mine and booking viewing. One day while discussing, he made fun that you know, his wife had booked a viewing which was atleast 3 times the price he was booking for viewing.. and he said to her why are we even here wasting time. Only on his house warming party, he privately admitted, its all thanks to her. 
His house bloody has a name, a pond, a small japanese bridge, wild animals( rabbits ducks and others)  living around that little pond and a moat running all across his 3+ acre garden.

We didn’t like our house since we have seen his. :hitler: and want similar.

PS; dont compare these features vs value to homes in US Australia and Canada. In UK, Its big money. You rarely find such homes in a town/city

Edited by mishra

30 minutes ago, velu said:

i dont mind if my wife earns 10x of mine .. 

and nothing related to alpha or beta .. its umpossible that 50% of the women will earn more than man :whack3:

also even in developed countries la

Pay parity will come. Don’t assume the girls who used to academically beat boys during school and college days cant do same in career too. The day will come. And sooner, 

Agree 50% in next 15 years may be exaggeration but parity will come

Edited by mishra

15 minutes ago, velu said:

@mishra  i am not salaried :aha: 

intel has pay parity in india already as per my friend , but still m2f ratio is like 75:24  

Most IT companies will pay same for same set of skills be it male or female.    I thought your former company Samsung too paid the same 

1 minute ago, diga said:

Most IT companies will pay same for same set of skills be it male or female.    I thought your former company Samsung too paid the same 

netapp paid same as far as i know .. samsung no ..

after joining Samsung  hikes are based on performance ( how long we stay in office kind ) , mostly guys end up getting good increments and usually women employees get nominal hikes ..  

as far as my experience goes , south Korea has very very very rigid gender roles and gender equality is a joke  .. janitors are always women (  including the janitors who clean men's washrooms in Samsung HQ )  ..

never seen any women managers even though there are few 40+yr old women tech leads in few teams .. and women there seems to be happy to be dominated by men 

From SM

जब आपको पटाखा फोड़ता बच्चा अपराधी और बम फोड़ता आतंकवादी भटका हुआ नौजवान लगने लगे, तो समझिये आप बुद्धुजीवी हो गए हैं।