Now IPL will play a role in WC selection, this wud be dangerous as kohli prefers experience

19 minutes ago, Sonix768 said:

OP has missed out Dinesh Karthik.If he has a similar ipl like the last one, he is surely come into the scheme of things.And he will be a certainity if Pant has a terrible ipl at the same time. Somehow,I believe TM doesnt want Pant to shine in LOIs as long as Dhoni is there.

yea i forgot him

pant cnt have a terrible IPL, actually high chances both will have to have gr8 ipl but Pant cant afford a season less then last one. Karthik will get brownie points for experience over pant

22 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

yea i forgot him

pant cnt have a terrible IPL, actually high chances both will have to have gr8 ipl but Pant cant afford a season less then last one. Karthik will get brownie points for experience over pant

you seriously think Pant is going to make any impact in the WC if selected, does he even have the game at the moment to change a match. The likes of Iyer, Mayank Agarwal  have a  good chance if they have a very good ipl. Obviouly even Rahane to add to India's woes

Dont see Ind taking 2nd WK to the WC

To me, it does not make sense base selection on IPL.

TM missed a trick in not playing KL in the first 2 ODI as he had shown some confidence

in the first T20 (if TM thinks T20 and ODI are same)

With KY being figured out, Chahal not being consistent, this would mean Sir Jaddu is in X1.

What will TM do if KY YC, and Hardik get whacked during IPL

WC is all about pressure, given his exploits I'd back Kuldeep to come good 9 times out of 10, the worry is the 10th time - what happens on that day, do other bowlers also lose the plot? Say what you will about our current batting travails, over the last 30+ years it's always been our batting that has won us LO games. On the other hand our bowling flopped stupendously in 2000 CT final, 2003 WC final :wall: 

Also 2015 WC semi & 2017 CT final, just to name a few - when our bowling flops they fail so badly that we inevitably lose. Our batting is historically safe, but unreliable for this WC.

Edited by R!TTER

Only two selections might be based on IPL -

1. Pant vs DK - TM looks really confused, and neither has done better than the other to be a certain selection... So, they might let IPL form decide

2. Rahul vs Mayank/Shaw - the backup opener has been Rahul for a while, but he has played a grand total of 14 ODIs, poorly managed... if he has a poor IPL or if Mayank shines well, Rahul might lose out to Mayank, although very unlikely

Rayudu vs Vijay Shankar is also a probable question that might come up.

Don't think any other decisions will be made on IPL.

Edited by bowl_out
11 hours ago, SK_IH said:

you seriously think Pant is going to make any impact in the WC if selected, does he even have the game at the moment to change a match. The likes of Iyer, Mayank Agarwal  have a  good chance if they have a very good ipl. Obviouly even Rahane to add to India's woes

Dont see Ind taking 2nd WK to the WC

iyer n mayank have no chance

PAnt , yes if he gets a chance he can in terms of ability...........remember Wcs are about the day and anyone can do anything. On a day u shud be scared of such players 

What about someone like Ishan Kishan or Dubey or even guys like Gill or Shaw light up the IPL?

Also in the negatives which are highly likely as mentioned by Ankit, don’t forget you are only concerned about the batsmen, we might still need a 4th seamer and might see the return of the great Jaydev Unadkut :hail:

Left arm seamer and based on past IPLs might have another good season. That is scarier :fear1:

Edit: Never mind saw you mentioning Unadkut

Edited by maniac
8 hours ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

iyer n mayank have no chance

PAnt , yes if he gets a chance he can in terms of ability...........remember Wcs are about the day and anyone can do anything. On a day u shud be scared of such players 

I think there would be one unexpected selection, you can't expect that from this muddled TM. However Pant I think has missed the bus

2 hours ago, SK_IH said:

I think there would be one unexpected selection, you can't expect that from this muddled TM. However Pant I think has missed the bus

for that they wud have to have an IPL like no one has ever had coz they were not even on radar . 

Pant might just get in if he has a similar ipl like last yr , a lot depends on how DK also performs

15 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

for that they wud have to have an IPL like no one has ever had coz they were not even on radar . 

Pant might just get in if he has a similar ipl like last yr , a lot depends on how DK also performs

Pant doesn't look convincing at all. Liable to get out any time with away from the body shots and ugly hoicks where he gets bent out of shape. Not sure if Dravid is still with the Delhi IPL team but if he is, I hope he works with Pant to iron out these issues and his mental game.

1 minute ago, nevada said:

Pant doesn't look convincing at all. Liable to get out any time with away from the body shots and ugly hoicks where he gets bent out of shape. Not sure if Dravid is still with the Delhi IPL team but if he is, I hope he works with Pant to iron out these issues and his mental game.

dravid is not with IPL team 

Pant is convincing just lacks experience which this team mngmt failed to give him. The mistakes he is making has been made by all top players at start of their career

On 3/13/2019 at 10:55 AM, Ankit_sharma03 said:

Things Look fine when u win and all a mess when u loose specially to our captain who at flash of a failure press a panic button . Lil unfair chances given to pant n rahul but they also didnt make it count . We have ended our international schedule with many questions and say whatever IPL will play a role . Kohli has a very short memory and 2 good innings from Rayudu , raina or even yuvi will make him have an orgasm as experience is his fav word. IPL is a good platform for young player but in past few years many frauds has made a comeback due to it .

Here are the chances how WC can affect these players chances

1- Vijay shankar- He is not a t20 player and if SRH bat him down the order it can make him have an avg IPL and then everyone will forget that he did will in given chances most of all Kohli . Vijay shankar can loose a spot .....i hope not

2. Rahane- KL rahul didnt get a chance as backup opener and If rahane has a selfish IPL he cud end up have 400 runs which cud make his way for comeback. Waise hi we have this myth he is good in swinging condition which i have never seen him in ODI. Pata nhin konse green mamba milne wale hia inko ENG men . Ofcourse rahane Exp hai 

3. Rayudu- They didnt let anyone settle at 4 specially shankar who today also didnt get a chance at 4. Rayudu has always been a good IPL player and he can force his way back. Remember for yrs n yrs this fraud has made everyone beilve he has amazing talent.

4. Raina- Back to his fav format, team still has no answer for No.4 and he is an experinced player and good fielder. If he has good IPL kohli will look at him . Raina 3-4 innings khelega humare desh ki emotional janta aur emotional ho jayegi . N how fat has raina become now, saala rohit bhi kuch nhin lagta ab to

5. Dhawal/unadkat/chahar/kaul- the trundler brigade can make a strong case as no one has booked that 4th seamer slot. Unadkat scares me the most as he is a left armer 

6. Yuvraj- last but not the least guy with least chance but u never knw. Kohli is an emotional fool...even though high chances yuvi wont perform but never say never in cricket. 

7. Rahul n pant- both have had a gr8 last IPL hopefully they have one more, they are match winners and its always better to look at them then tried n tested failures . But an avg or even above avg IPL can create a problem so they cant afford anything less then a great IPL . 

8. Pandey/iyer - they have a slight chance but an oustanding IPL can help 

Be scared very scared, this 1 n half month can cause a lot of chu***pa .......kohli waise bhi bawla hoga kyunki RCB ki har saal durgatti hoti hai . Shastri nashe men dhoot hoga . MSK se media attention handle nhin hogi

agreed - every tom rahane, dick unadkat and harry yuvi thinks they have a chance to enter indian team based on ipl and dhoni rayudu and rohit presence - mera number aayega philosophy is on .

india has all but lost a chance to cash in on serious talent . likes of shaw , gill , pant , saini , rajput etc never got a run . even a fool can see how they have tried to mess with pants odi career . shankar too has been setup to fail

england will win the wc . 

12 hours ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

dravid is not with IPL team 

Pant is convincing just lacks experience which this team mngmt failed to give him. The mistakes he is making has been made by all top players at start of their career

I like Pant a lot.He is the type of player who can fill seats in stadium, like Sehwag. No wonder there BCCI has recognized it and awarded him a 5 cr  contract. it seems liike he is too excited or overeager to get going and doesn't do proper shot selection. This team management sucks for sure in terms of nurturing talent but players have to grab the opportunity with both hands like Shaw and Agarwal.