3 for 48 and 46 of 54

CSK Fan

1 hour ago, maniac said:

He starts of well but his bowling at the death is atrocious. He tends to get worse as the series progresses but obviously there are exceptions to the rules.  

Lol suddenly after one or two bad games, one coming after a long break, his death bowling is atrocious. His death bowling was great in both aus and nz series 

Bumrah must be atrocious too considering his death bowling in this series 

2 minutes ago, CSK Fan said:

Lol suddenly after one or two bad games, one coming after a long break, his death bowling is atrocious. His death bowling was great in both aus and nz series 

Bumrah must be atrocious too considering his death bowling in this series 

He doesn’t deserve a place above Shami. He is probably the best backup right now because all others suck, so he has his spot.

3 hours ago, jusarrived said:

Bhuvis technique is more sold than some of the top order batsmen , I would have used him like Narine at top of the order where it will be much easier for him t get boundaries . 

You kidding right? Unlike Narine, Bhuvi is more of a defensive batsman who takes time before he can hit. However he has definitely improved his hitting capabilities over a period of time. Hope he can contribute regular 20-30s at his number.

2 hours ago, SK_IH said:

You kidding right? Unlike Narine, Bhuvi is more of a defensive batsman who takes time before he can hit. However he has definitely improved his hitting capabilities over a period of time. Hope he can contribute regular 20-30s at his number.

I wudnt call him defensive , rather he’s more correct . If sent with instructions just hit out I see no reason he can do as well as narine or even better . 

Bhuvi always was good with the bat , I created a thread iirc much before his India debute after watching him score runs for UP . Thought he was a AR in the making , unfortunately when you bat at 8 or 9 you don’t get enough opportunities 

9 hours ago, jusarrived said:

Bhuvis technique is more sold than some of the top order batsmen , I would have used him like Narine at top of the order where it will be much easier for him t get boundaries . 

top order batting se advertising paisa banta hai.  Don't expect Viral Kilo and his buds to release their deathgrip from those coveted slots anytime soon.

Edit: Not saying Bhuvi should bat in the top order - no higher than 8 in LOIs.  

Edited by sandeep

I think Bhuvi is a good batsman. He can be useful down the order but steep chases are not for him he can support another proper batsman in those. 

As a bowler he needs to consistantly take wickets. Maybe he shami and bumrah can play along with kuldeep. With shankar as middle order bat and Pandya jadhav as alrounder.

Thats the best India can do thats it.  Manage to beat as many teams as possible.

7 hours ago, jusarrived said:

I wudnt call him defensive , rather he’s more correct . If sent with instructions just hit out I see no reason he can do as well as narine or even better . 

Bhuvi always was good with the bat , I created a thread iirc much before his India debute after watching him score runs for UP . Thought he was a AR in the making , unfortunately when you bat at 8 or 9 you don’t get enough opportunities 

Hmm I agree about him being solid as a batsman but don't think attacking batting or hitting out comes naturally to him.

However, why are we even discussing this, it is something which ain't happening lol

7 hours ago, jusarrived said:

He is good as a supporting act. Won’t do much when he has to go all out. A couple of 6s here and there when he has nothing to lose is different when the context becomes he has to play a more calculated hitting against new ball against quality bowlers.

Narine experiment works in IPL,PSL,BPl, big bash in short Tamasha leagues where he can smack a few mediocre bowlers.

open with him in LOI cricket, story will be different

On 3/14/2019 at 6:11 PM, maniac said:

One performance after ages. This has been the exact criticism of Pandya as well from neutral fans.

Knuckle bowler has sucked for a loooong time, a few hoicks in a losing cause and an odd bowling performance is nothing to rave about.

Anyways hope he carries his new found form to :hs:

Thats what he's been hiding behind since 2016

8 hours ago, Suhaan said:

Thats what he's been hiding behind since 2016

Is that why he was the top wicket taker in the Aus series? And he has a better average and strike rate than both Bumrah and Shami this year? The same Shami whose 2019 performance you people keep circle jerking about yet Bhuvi has bowled way better?

Hiding indeed

Don't you know that he is worse than Virat Kohli as a bowler ? Just ask the geniuses here who can provide the Cricinfo filters to prove that fact.

Fact is, he does need to improve on death bowling first and wicket taking in general. He just bowls a bunch of slower/knuckle balls which are high risk in death overs.

It seemed to me based on a NZ game that he was capable of executing multiple yorkers in T20 in the 2 death overs. Odis however demand more strength & stamina where he may be shying away from putting in the extra yard.

I would however always include him on green tops, his consistency is an asset in SA, Eng. Would be #2 bowler in such conditions given his past performances. Has the odd performance with the bat as well.

1 hour ago, CSK Fan said:

Is that why he was the top wicket taker in the Aus series? And he has a better average and strike rate than both Bumrah and Shami this year? The same Shami whose 2019 performance you people keep circle jerking about yet Bhuvi has bowled way better?

Hiding indeed

So you believe he will deliver on flat featherbeds of England this wc,to further boost his 35+ bowling average??

Think before  typing crap

You continue to be absorbed in your fantasies about knuckle man,that is a norm,but don't let it make you fool around here

Is 2019 over??or did you deliberately overlook  his 2017,18 stats

Screenshot_2019-03-16-09-50-22-643_com.android.browser.png

Edited by Suhaan
On 3/16/2019 at 9:35 AM, GautiMaan said:

Bhuvi got his ass handed to him in the one game he could actually contribute with his so called improved death bowling.That performance is what defines his series and not this one.

And Bumrah got his ass handed to him in the death in the matches we lost. That is what defines Bumrah indeed and he should be dropped. I mean he chokes when the series/final is on the line like CT final or this match while Bhuvi steps up big time

On 3/16/2019 at 9:51 AM, Suhaan said:

So you believe he will deliver on flat featherbeds of England this wc,to further boost his 35+ bowling average??

You continue to be absorbed in your fantasies about knuckle man,that is a norm,but don't let it make you fool around here

But Shami circlejerk started because of his current form no?

Should I bring up Bhuvi's test stats and will you agree that he should be the first bowler in tests even ahead of Shami or Ishant? If not why consider stats here? 

34 minutes ago, CSK Fan said:

But Shami circlejerk started because of his current form no?

Should I bring up Bhuvi's test stats and will you agree that he should be the first bowler in tests even ahead of Shami or Ishant? If not why consider stats here? 

It seems you have been more used to those circle jerks to celebrate Knuckle man's every intl appearance,Hey , neither iam advocating shamis place nor will I want TM replace him with a so called (redundant)strike bowler

He(Bhuvi) is definitely our go to man in tests when conditions are swing aiding(yes i feel he is a better exponent of swing bowling with red ball than the white ball in hand)but seriously is not a threat on tracks that dont offer much to his kind of bowling

On 3/16/2019 at 4:21 AM, Suhaan said:

So, are you trying to say in England Bhuvi won't be effective in ODIs?

Let's see the last World event (Champions Trophy) that happened in ENGLAND to see how he fared and also have a look at how Bumrah fared:

Player Mat Inns Overs Mdns Runs Wkts BBI Ave Econ SR 4 5 Ct St
B Kumar 5 5 42.3 4 197 7 2/23 28.14 4.63 36.4 0 0 2 0
JJ Bumrah 5 5 42.0 1 210 4 2/28 52.50 5.00 63.0 0 0 1 0
KM Jadhav 5 3 12.0 0 67 3 2/22 22.33 5.58 24.0 0 0 3 0
UT Yadav 2 2 17.2 1 97 3 3/30 32.33 5.59 34.6 0 0 0 0

He averaged 28 with SR of 36.4 vs Bumrah who averaged 52 with SR of 63. And before you think India did not play on flat decks to rubbish Bhuvi's performance - Out of the 5 India matches, 3 matches had atleast one team scoring 319+.

Not just this, have a look at the World event in England before that as well where he averaged 23 at SR of 35 and Economy of 3.9. So if you go by stats he has done extremely well in the last two ICC tourneys in ENGLAND.

I am not saying Bumrah will be be bad this time as he has certainly learnt how to bowl in England now after the tour. But the stats as well as all the matches Bhuvi has played in ENGLAND so far has proved he is a much better bowler in all formats in ENGLAND.

Edited by Forever Indian
1 hour ago, Forever Indian said:

So, are you trying to say in England Bhuvi won't be effective in ODIs?

Let's see the last World event (Champions Trophy) that happened in ENGLAND to see how he fared and also have a look at how Bumrah fared:

Player Mat Inns Overs Mdns Runs Wkts BBI Ave Econ SR 4 5 Ct St
B Kumar 5 5 42.3 4 197 7 2/23 28.14 4.63 36.4 0 0 2 0
JJ Bumrah 5 5 42.0 1 210 4 2/28 52.50 5.00 63.0 0 0 1 0
KM Jadhav 5 3 12.0 0 67 3 2/22 22.33 5.58 24.0 0 0 3 0
UT Yadav 2 2 17.2 1 97 3 3/30 32.33 5.59 34.6 0 0 0 0

He averaged 28 with SR of 36.4 vs Bumrah who averaged 52 with SR of 63. And before you think India did not play on flat decks to rubbish Bhuvi's performance - Out of the 5 India matches, 3 matches had atleast one team scoring 319+.

Not just this, have a look at the World event in England before that as well where he averaged 23 at SR of 35 and Economy of 3.9. So if you go by stats he has done extremely well in the last two ICC tourneys in ENGLAND.

I am not saying Bumrah will be be bad this time as he has certainly learnt how to bowl in England now after the tour. But the stats as well as all the matches Bhuvi has played in ENGLAND so far has proved he is a much better bowler in all formats in ENGLAND.

There was a time when Bhuvi was our most bankable bowler in odis,he used to take wickets upfront with his swing,nver ever can let slip away  memories of his lovely bowling in a test match against Kiwis in Eden gardens,he was a complete bowler back in those days

Talking about  oneday cricket,he used to bowl those yorkers with great precision in death overs ,always used to outdo batsmen,, but suddenly developed a special liking towards knuckle balls and other innovative stuffs which made him forget his main art of bowling with control,since then he started bowling too many cutters,knuckle balls in death overs,at that pace lining him up is quite easy 

Would be glad if he starts bowling with his original style which fetched him and his team rewards, certainly did intend to start a Bhuvi vs Bumrah debate,his last two years bowling avg suggest otherwise though

Hope he does well for us in Eng,if bowling has to be our metier then Bhuvi has a huge role to play in few months time

Edited by Suhaan
15 minutes ago, Suhaan said:

There was a time when Bhuvi was our most bankable bowler in odis,he used to take wickets upfront with his swing,nver ever can let slip away  memories of his lovely bowling in a test match against Kiwis in Eden gardens,he was a complete bowler back in those days

Talking about  oneday cricket,he used to bowl those yorkers with great precision in death overs ,always used to outdo batsmen,, but suddenly developed a special liking towards knuckle balls and other innovative stuffs which made him forget his main art of bowling with control,since then he started bowling too many cutters,knuckle balls in death overs,at that pace lining him up is quite easy 

Would be glad if he starts bowling with his original style which fetched him and his team rewards, certainly did intend to start a Bhuvi vs Bumrah debate,his last two years bowling avg suggest otherwise though

Hope he does well for us in Eng,if bowling has to be our metier then Bhuvi has a huge role to play in few months time

Bhuvi is an average ODI bowler and good Test and T20 bowler, even at the start of his career. But in England especially in ICC tourneys he has been good because the English overhead conditions suit his bowling the best. If this WC was happening anywhere else other than England (even India) I would probably not have Bhuvi in starting XI but in England he has to start in the XI. IMO all three of Bumrah, Bhuvi and Shami should be in playing XI in most matches.