Hinduism has become the most violent religion of them all: Urmila Matondkar

Gollum

3 minutes ago, Mariyam said:

What is wrong with that? :confused: 

My parents married Muslims and they've turned out alright?

Correction, I said:

She's married to a Kashmiri Muslim.

And where did I say there was something/anything wrong with that? Just a factual statement. 

Edited by Gollum

On 4/7/2019 at 8:28 AM, Vilander said:

So do you also think Hinduism is the most violent religion ?

I do not believe that is true.

Why are you asking me this? :confused: 

Mariyam is what Urmila was called (according to the false wiki edit) and she allegedly made this statement. Not me.

On 4/7/2019 at 11:11 PM, coffee_rules said:

I know you have said this a number of times, but he slips in his Islamist bias in the garb of Humanism like Javed Akhtar . it is intolerable at times. To @Gollum and others responding, remember that. 

You make this strange and factually incorrect allegation against Javed Akhtar in every thread unrelated to him. Islamists and members of the AIMPLB have, on occasions, issued fatwas against Javed Akhtar.

Care to cite examples of the 'Islamist bias' that you've encountered from Javed Akhtar?

2 hours ago, Mariyam said:

Your meaningless rhetoric aside,

Urmila Matondkar has flatly put to rest the rangeela conspiracies put forth by malicious individuals threatened by her campaigning . The satya is here for all to see:

"I have never changed my religion, nor was I asked to"

In the context of her original statement on Hinduism, the comment is not meaningless..

Don't mean to offend you or anyone, it's just a fight for survival.In the long run, there needs massive reforms to coexist

14 hours ago, mishra said:

Hinduism is most persecuted religion in India. Its punching bag for every political party, government organisation, media, professional groups.

It only appears so, while it is not the reality. 

The modern society has started raising the question upon all the religions. And no religion is free of criticism in the present day due to the advancement of the science. 

That is why, the Hindu religion has also been challenged, both scientifically and due to it's practices too which are against the humanity. 

But the most criticized religion on the planet earth is Judaism and Christianity world wide. In West, people are openly criticizing bible and only due to this they have get rid of religion to large extent from their life. 

The problem with Hindu religion in India is this that it has also been involved into the Politics by it's followers and thus it also has to bear the crimes of the Saffron brigade fanaticism. Just like in case of Urmila, where the RW is using/misusing the Hindu religion to malign Urmila. 

While the least criticized religion is Islam, while Islam itself orders to kill all those who dare to criticize it. As reaction to this injustice, Islam is the most HATED religion on the planet Earth today by the people. And this hatred is only increasing every day and people will try to get rid of it all over the world. People will revolt against Islam whenever they will get a chance. We saw one such incident in case of Triple Talaqs, where Islam was criticized badly and whole society was unanimous in kicking the Mullahs. 

On 4/9/2019 at 4:52 AM, Aiden said:

Compare hate crimes/ genocide/lunching/human rights etc etc in 1.8 billions Muslims world to just under 1 billion Hindus in India. 

Edited by mishra

9 hours ago, Alam_dar said:

It only appears so, while it is not the reality. 

The modern society has started raising the question upon all the religions. And no religion is free of criticism in the present day due to the advancement of the science. 

That is why, the Hindu religion has also been challenged, both scientifically and due to it's practices too which are against the humanity. 

But the most criticized religion on the planet earth is Judaism and Christianity world wide. In West, people are openly criticizing bible and only due to this they have get rid of religion to large extent from their life. 

The problem with Hindu religion in India is this that it has also been involved into the Politics by it's followers and thus it also has to bear the crimes of the Saffron brigade fanaticism. Just like in case of Urmila, where the RW is using/misusing the Hindu religion to malign Urmila. 

While the least criticized religion is Islam, while Islam itself orders to kill all those who dare to criticize it. As reaction to this injustice, Islam is the most HATED religion on the planet Earth today by the people. And this hatred is only increasing every day and people will try to get rid of it all over the world. People will revolt against Islam whenever they will get a chance. We saw one such incident in case of Triple Talaqs, where Islam was criticized badly and whole society was unanimous in kicking the Mullahs. 

C'mon Dar! Prove him wrong! Don't hold back!

Kyunki Dar ke aage jeet hai.

Edited by MechEng

On 4/10/2019 at 12:01 AM, Mariyam said:

You make this strange and factually incorrect allegation against Javed Akhtar in every thread unrelated to him. Islamists and members of the AIMPLB have, on occasions, issued fatwas against Javed Akhtar.

Care to cite examples of the 'Islamist bias' that you've encountered from Javed Akhtar?

Please go through this entire thread about Javed Akhtar.

18 minutes ago, Turning_track said:

Please go through this entire thread about Javed Akhtar.

I am afraid that "Details" in this  tweets against Javed Akhtar are so short, that correct conclusions could not be drawn from them. 

For example, on one side this person who tweets (Anand Ranganathan) claims that Javed Akhtar criticized Rushdie for writing against Muhammad,  but at the same time this Anand Ranganathan‏ also writing that Javed Akhtar encouraged Tasleema Nasreen who wrote against Islam and Muhammad. 

Both of these 2 incidents are contrary to each other. Thus, the short tweets of Anand are not giving the full backgrounds of the statements of Javed Akhtar. 

Similarly, Anand blames Javed Akhtar that he supports MF Hussain who made the naked idols of Hindu gods, but he tells Rushdie he could not insult a personality who is revered by billion of Muslims. 

Again we don't know the full truth behind this allegation, while I found other news where Javed Akhtar is supporting both Taslima Nasreen and Salman Rushdie (link). 

I personally believe that Javed Akhtar is a human being and he may make mistakes. But there is no doubt in my mind that Javed Akhtar has become an atheist, and people (at moment Hindutva supporters) who are making all type of allegations against him, they are wrong. 

Indian law is not CLEAR about criticizing the religion. 

If someone criticizes Muhammad in writing, then it is Indian law which bans such books. Actually it seems to be the same if some one criticizes the Hindu religion and such books are banned. 

Therefore, Javed Akhtar seems to be promoting the atheist ideas only, without criticizing Quran/Hadith. Perhaps this has also to do with dangers to his life. Criticizing such Quranic Verses and Ahadith in India may be licence for the fanatic Muslims to kill him and his family. 

Please note, Javed Akhtar didn't criticize Quran/Ahadith, but he also didn't criticize Vedas directly. It seems to be due to the reason that he has to live in India. While I have more freedom on this forum, thus I directly criticize Quran/Hadith/Allah/Muhammad/Islam and as well as Vedas/Smritis/Hindu Religion. 

I don't see enough material in the above mentioned tweets against Javed Akhtar. 

18 minutes ago, Turning_track said:

Shabana Azmi denied making a statement like this:

But she conveniently forgot that it was made from her TL.

This is foolish allegation by RW upon Shabani Azmi, just like they did against Urmila. 

DK30OPVW0AA6MZL.jpgDK30OPVW0AA6MZL.jpgDK30OPVW0AA6MZL.jpg1253961538_DK30OPVW0AA6MZL1.thumb.jpg.b7f1d3b4b0153b2d10eb8f385d0f3e30.jpg

It was the occasion of worship of Durga Asthami. And Shabani Azmi is praying to Hindu god. And she is pointing out to the evils in the society. In no way she insulted Hindu Religion or any Hindu god. 

Shabani Azmi did criticize Triple Talaq (Link). But RW Hindus want her to openly criticize Islam, which does not seem to be the policy of Shabani Azmi or Javed Akhtar.

2 hours ago, Alam_dar said:

I am afraid that "Details" in this  tweets against Javed Akhtar are so short, that correct conclusions could not be drawn from them. 

For example, on one side this person who tweets (Anand Ranganathan) claims that Javed Akhtar criticized Rushdie for writing against Muhammad,  but at the same time this Anand Ranganathan‏ also writing that Javed Akhtar encouraged Tasleema Nasreen who wrote against Islam and Muhammad. 

Both of these 2 incidents are contrary to each other. Thus, the short tweets of Anand are not giving the full backgrounds of the statements of Javed Akhtar. 

Similarly, Anand blames Javed Akhtar that he supports MF Hussain who made the naked idols of Hindu gods, but he tells Rushdie he could not insult a personality who is revered by billion of Muslims. 

Again we don't know the full truth behind this allegation, while I found other news where Javed Akhtar is supporting both Taslima Nasreen and Salman Rushdie (link). 

I personally believe that Javed Akhtar is a human being and he may make mistakes. But there is no doubt in my mind that Javed Akhtar has become an atheist, and people (at moment Hindutva supporters) who are making all type of allegations against him, they are wrong. 

Indian law is not CLEAR about criticizing the religion. 

If someone criticizes Muhammad in writing, then it is Indian law which bans such books. Actually it seems to be the same if some one criticizes the Hindu religion and such books are banned. 

Therefore, Javed Akhtar seems to be promoting the atheist ideas only, without criticizing Quran/Hadith. Perhaps this has also to do with dangers to his life. Criticizing such Quranic Verses and Ahadith in India may be licence for the fanatic Muslims to kill him and his family. 

Please note, Javed Akhtar didn't criticize Quran/Ahadith, but he also didn't criticize Vedas directly. It seems to be due to the reason that he has to live in India. While I have more freedom on this forum, thus I directly criticize Quran/Hadith/Allah/Muhammad/Islam and as well as Vedas/Smritis/Hindu Religion. 

I don't see enough material in the above mentioned tweets against Javed Akhtar. 

Please take a look on the thread again which is a compilation of various tweets, including a video link.

First of all Anand has spoken about the religious sentiments where Akhtar has failed to criticise M.F.Hussain on his paintings of Hindu gods but he's after Salman Rushdie because according to him 'what Rushdie did was not decent' at 33:00. Isn't that hypocritical?

The other contradiction- Javed Akhtar calls for freedom of expression of all writers when Taslima Nasreen wrote a Bengali serial & it was banned by the govt. But when there was riots in Azad Maidan in Mumbai & Amar Jawan Jyoti was desecrated along with molestation of several women police constables a female cop wrote a poem calling the protesters as traitors,snakes etc. then the poem was dubbed as communal by Akhtar & asked for her sacking. 

2 hours ago, Alam_dar said:

This is foolish allegation by RW upon Shabani Azmi, just like they did against Urmila. 

Urmila's only rebuttal is that she has been misquoted. Really? Neither she was interrupted by host Rajdeep nor words were put into her mouth. Whom is she kidding? 

It was the occasion of worship of Durga Asthami.

First of all, the tweet which came out of her own TL has just been translated into Hindi (barring IA) & now she's denying it.

They're acting like politicians now by stooping so low. And why on earth in a happy festive occasion there is a need to give such statements? Bollywood walas should be the last ones to preach us moral science lectures. An actress defaulting lakhs on water bill preaches us to save water during Holi.

And Shabani Azmi is praying to Hindu god. And she is pointing out to the evils in the society. In no way she insulted Hindu Religion or any Hindu god. 

Do you really call this charade as praying to a Hindu God or paying them respects? Your idea of multiculturalism, pluralism is entirely different to ours.

Shabani Azmi did criticize Triple Talaq (Link). But RW Hindus want her to openly criticize Islam, which does not seem to be the policy of Shabani Azmi or Javed Akhtar.

So? Just pointing out their hypocrisies, nothing else. Their views on the topics such as Syed Ahmed Khan, Tipu Sultan, Mughals will keep on garnering backlash in the future as well while they keep paying homage to those in Jashn-e-Rekhta type events.

Edited by Turning_track

14 minutes ago, MechEng said:

Those Javed Akhtar texts are fake, I won't believe until I get complete evidence for that.

I checked & found all the tweets made by the couple from their own verified account. It is definitely old ranging from Jan 2013 but they've been put together well by Anand Ranganathan.

10 minutes ago, Turning_track said:

I checked & found all the tweets made by the couple from their own verified account. It is definitely old ranging from Jan 2013 but they've been put together well by Anand Ranganathan.

Very hard to digest for me, especially the part where he praises previous musalman kings. I still hope someone officially proves these quotes to be hoax.

32 minutes ago, Turning_track said:

Please take a look on the thread again which is a compilation of various tweets, including a video link.

First of all Anand has spoken about the religious sentiments where Akhtar has failed to criticise M.F.Hussain on his paintings of Hindu gods but he's after Salman Rushdie because according to him 'what Rushdie did was not decent' at 33:00. Isn't that hypocritical?

What people are not understanding here is this that there is a difference in case of Rushdie and MF Hussain, even according to the Indian Law. 

Indian courts banned the book of Rushdie (Satanic Verses), but there was neither ban upon MF Hussain nor any punishment. Perhaps due to several reasons while there are already naked idols of the Hindu gods, and thus the intention of FM Hussain was not of insult. 

I personally disagree with this Indian law and want open criticism upon all the religions. 

The other contradiction- Javed Akhtar calls for freedom of expression of all writers when Taslima Nasreen wrote a Bengali serial & it was banned by the govt. But when there was riots in Azad Maidan in Mumbai & Amar Jawan Jyoti was desecrated along with molestation of several women police constables a female cop wrote a poem calling the protesters as traitors,snakes etc. then the poem was dubbed as communal by Akhtar & asked for her sacking. 

I don't know enough about Azad Maidan police and poem. 

But if Javed Akhtar supported Taslima Nasreen, then it is already showing that he cares for the human rights, while Tasleema was protecting the rights of the Hindus in Bangladesh. 

Urmila's only rebuttal is that she has been misquoted. Really? Neither she was interrupted by host Rajdeep nor words were put into her mouth. Whom is she kidding? 

She is kidding no one but only telling the truth. She uttered these words while criticizing BJP, but RW present her words out of context and linking it to criticism upon Hindu religion.

You can easily misquote some one if you hide the context, and that is exactly what RW is doing in this case. 

First of all, the tweet which came out of her own TL has just been translated into Hindi (barring IA) & now she's denying it.

I don't see she is denying this tweet. She is denying only the allegations which are raised against her upon this tweet. 

They're acting like politicians now by stooping so low. And why on earth in a happy festive occasion there is a need to give such statements?

There is no such law which prohibits it. 

And at time of prayer, one is totally free to pray for any thing, and she was only praying for the good and the human rights and there was absolutely nothing wrong in it. 

Do you really call this charade as praying to a Hindu God or paying them respects? Your idea of multiculturalism, pluralism is entirely different to ours.

Yes. 

These are secular people and they do participate in the festivals of all religions. 

So, when one is allowed to participate in religious Hindu festivals (like Diwali, holi) despite being non-Hindu, why then it should be a problem if they also pray for good at occasion of other religious festivals?

So? Just pointing out their hypocrisies, nothing else. Their views on the topics such as Syed Ahmed Khan, Tipu Sultan, Mughals will keep on garnering backlash in the future as well while they keep paying homage to those in Jashn-e-Rekhta type events.

Topics like Tipu Sultan and even Mughals too are irrelevant today.

But RW Hindus want to belittle Tipu Sultan while he was a Muslim. But reality is this that at that time Hindu Raja and Maharajas were also fighting with each other for personal gains only and they were also shedding the Hindu blood too and they were no different than Tipu Sultan and Mughals. But the new Hindutva movement are only targeting the Muslim rulers. 

My bad, I thought those texts were written by Javed Akhtar but they were written by Muhammad Iqbal and Syed Ahmed Khan.

I think Anand Ranganathan is over thinking it. He's assumed that Javed Akhtar endorses the negative views of those 2 poet and philosopher just because he doesn't criticise  Islamic works much.

Edited by MechEng