WC 2019 | Match 1 | ENG v SA | London | 30 May 3:00 PM IST

2 minutes ago, G_B_ said:

I think SA have shown the way to contain English batters.

Regardless of who wins I think FAF has been excellent in his field placements and also his rotation of bowlers.

Dragged England from around 350 to 311.

SA bowled well. But Eng aim high so even if they do not reach the desired target, they still end up with a competitive total. When guys like Bairstow and Buttler fire, it is a different story 

As for SA, when Steyn comes back, it will add to their ability to pick up early wkts 

4 minutes ago, vvvslaxman said:

Some unimaginative bowling by Rabada helped them reach 314. He let SAF down by leaking 65 runs. 

He took those 2 wickets as well,i think he bowled alright

Lungi was getting belted earlier on,but took the most destructive wicket of Butler,him not being there till the end have made a difference of 70+ runs purely

10 minutes ago, zen said:

SA bowled well. But Eng aim high so even if they do not reach the desired target, they still end up with a competitive total. When guys like Bairstow and Buttler fire, it is a different story 

As for SA, when Steyn comes back, it will add to their ability to pick up early wkts 

Lungi from what I have seen leaks runs but always picks up wickets and that too important ones.

They slipped up a bit here and there but in general this has been a masterclass by the SA bowling unit showing how to restrict a batting lineup like England on an ultra flat pitch. Taking pace off the ball , cutters, bowling outside batsmen's reach occasionally while keeping it tight otherwise, bowling offspinners to left handers etc. Superb planning and execution basting a couple of lapses. Pommies just could not lineup their bowlers for a bashing.