So how to stop Amir on sunday?

On 6/12/2019 at 7:04 PM, bhakum20 said:

mehmet ameeer isn’t that great really, the batting was poor. yes he gets the odd ball to straighten but so do many other bowlers. He’s a nothing bowler, but I get that he might have a psychological edge over our batsmen due to CT17. Our batsmen should treat him like any other trundler and smash him out of the park when there’s a chance

What psychological edge..we won in Asia Cup three times after thrashing Aamir ..this was in september 2018

If he is bowling well in first spell then give him respect and play survival game and if openers survive first 7 - 8 overs then chances increase. If we bowl first don't allow pak to get big total and and amir factor would get over there itself.

Just play safe for the first 10 overs then the Pakistanis will come apart.

Also don’t over attack Shadab either. Just target him for 5-6 runs an over, he will give hit me balls.

Usually teams lose to Pak by under estimating them over respecting them too much. You play conventional cricket 9 out of 10 times they will implode. Teams like Aus,India In WC’s or recently Bangladesh and Nzl have all have stellar records against them. All these teams have not tried too much over the top but stuck to basics and have achieved success against them.

2 minutes ago, maniac said:

Just play safe for the first 10 overs then the Pakistanis will come apart.

Also don’t over attack Shadab either. Just target him for 5-6 runs an over, he will give hit me balls.

Usually teams lose to Pak by under estimating them over respecting them too much. You play conventional cricket 9 out of 10 times they will implode. Teams like Aus,India In WC’s or recently Bangladesh and Nzl have all have stellar records against them. All these teams have not tried too much over the top but stuck to basics and have achieved success against them.

That is essentially our default game anyway against any team not just Pakistan. See off the threat and accelerate. But only problem here is we don't have Dhawan in the line up. So they don't have to keep adjusting line and length. I am skeptical of sending KL Rahul up the order who can be nervous.

Just now, vvvslaxman said:

That is essentially our default game anyway against any team not just Pakistan. See off the threat and accelerate. But only problem here is we don't have Dhawan in the line up. So they don't have to keep adjusting line and length. I am skeptical of sending KL Rahul up the order who can be nervous.

We have no other option. The only other guy who has opened before is DK. We need him more at the death than waste him opening. None of the others can open. As I said stick to basics. Open with KL and hope he gets into a rhythm.

10 minutes ago, Gollum said:

He is too slow (125-135 kph) to hurry our batters, hope the openers stand a feet outside the crease and take LBW out of the equation. Of course this applies to his first spell only, he will be there for the taking later on. 

Yes he is not that quick. But he is clever with his variation. Good players would pick it. Our guys are used to playing the line rather than playing besides the ball. Even Finch negotiated him. He is not tough. I wouldn't worry if we had had someone like Gambhir, Sehwag, Ganguly up the order. Even with all that outside the CT final he has not done much to us.  He had about 338 runs on the board to defend.

Amir is not a big threat. We managed Rabada, Starc, and Cummins. Amir is a nothing bowler compared to them. He got cheap wickets towards the end. He needs a huge scorecard pressure or batsmen in slog mod to take wickets (Hence the reason he was going wicket less for so many matches). Play out his first 4 overs with strike rotation and match is wide open. Again st Australia Shaheen was a real hero who took top 2 sockets but this duffer will drop him and bring Shadab back . They will most likely bring Haris Sohail back in. Place of Daamadji. Again an in n out guy  coming straight in this high octane game and  will try to be a hero ( being hero means either boom n bust or tuk timing to glorified 50).

3 hours ago, vvvslaxman said:

Yes he is not that quick. But he is clever with his variation. Good players would pick it. Our guys are used to playing the line rather than playing besides the ball. Even Finch negotiated him. He is not tough. I wouldn't worry if we had had someone like Gambhir, Sehwag, Ganguly up the order. Even with all that outside the CT final he has not done much to us.  He had about 338 runs on the board to defend.

I agree he's not a big threat. But i can see rohit and rahul falling to him. Both have technical/nerve problems early on that leads to lbw, bowled or pokes. Rather see kartick open and ask him to see off new ball that's it. Rest we can do after.

5 hours ago, ViruDilSeKhelo said:

I agree he's not a big threat. But i can see rohit and rahul falling to him. Both have technical/nerve problems early on that leads to lbw, bowled or pokes. Rather see kartick open and ask him to see off new ball that's it. Rest we can do after.

This is not a bad idea. But DK has shown poor technique against fast bowling in the recent times. Not sure if he can survive a proper testing over.

6 hours ago, ViruDilSeKhelo said:

TBH even Kohli has technical issues against moving ball. The only batsman in this Indian team that has proper technique to play moving ball is Dhoni.

Just now, maniac said:

:hysterical:

Not kidding bro. Agree Dhoni has lost his hitting ability but he still can block moving balls better than others in the team. Remember that Aane Do series when everyone was struggling against Junaid Khan, Dhoni stood like a wall. Also, he was our best bat during 2014 Eng test series when Anderson was eating us alive (incl Kohli). Dhoni has that old school block technique which other modern stroke players in the team lacks.