BD shines (WC19)

zen

18 minutes ago, Vilander said:

how good is Liton Das ??

Great talent. Inconsistent as of now but when he plays he looks very good batsman. If he was playing for any other team then he would have been very good batsman till now.

1 hour ago, Nikola said:

Great talent. Inconsistent as of now but when he plays he looks very good batsman. If he was playing for any other team then he would have been very good batsman till now.

Just now, sandeep said:

He's a quality 'keeper too.  Mushfiq been hogging the gloves too long, they have been wasting this guy.  

some of the shots he played. bloody brilliant.

21 minutes ago, Zero_Unit said:

Was watching the cricbuzz after show discuss. Zaheer Khan said they graduated from nagging dance lmaoooo

Btw, I really enjoy Zaheer's analysis on cricbuzz - I think he provides decent insight into a bowlers perspective on the game, and  obviously on pace bowling.

25 minutes ago, sandeep said:

Btw, I really enjoy Zaheer's analysis on cricbuzz - I think he provides decent insight into a bowlers perspective on the game, and  obviously on pace bowling.

I like his analysis more than Uthappa's. After each match, I usually watch that show. The in-depth analysis is quite intreguing. It's on YouTube aswell so can watch it if you missed it

1 minute ago, chewy said:

India should play more ODI series with them home and away instead of those countless Agarbati Cycle series with SL

I would not mind if we allow Dhaka to be one of the teams in IPL. South has 3 teams, and West and North 2 each, while East has only 1 

16 minutes ago, Zero_Unit said:

I like his analysis more than Uthappa's. After each match, I usually watch that show. The in-depth analysis is quite intreguing. It's on YouTube aswell so can watch it if you missed it

Yep Uthappa is a cliche factory overly proud of his "English".  Zaheer talks a lot of sense.  And I like Joy.  Rest are tolerable.  

Simulated remaining matches' scenarios

---

First, assumed that AFG/SL/BAN will all lose against other teams:

uzagDTR.png

---

Here, I only assume AFG will lose against other teams, so BAN/SL are legitimate contenders:

zGBVKuR.png

---

Based on what we see from BAN vs WI, perhaps we shouldn't count out BAN and SL from upsetting stronger teams.

Note that those %s are %s of total scenarios. Some scenarios are highly unlikely, while some scenarios are more likely. My current simulation does not utilize weights at the scenario level, so I simply sum the possible scenarios and calculate the %.

If we want to be fancy, we can assign individual weights to games. For eg IND vs BAN game scenario could be assigned to India at 90% (rather than 50% defaulted currently) and that would affect the above tables' %s.

Edited by poi
2 minutes ago, poi said:

Based on what we see from BAN vs WI, perhaps we shouldn't count out BAN and SL from upsetting stronger teams.

I thought SL would  really struggle and finish last, losing to Afg and BD.  Rain helped them in both games.  Expected Windies to contend stronger for that 5th slot - if they had beat Aus, it'd be a different story.  Looks like BD is gunning hard for that 5th slot, and may even have an outside shot at semi-finals.  Unlikely though.

3 minutes ago, poi said:

Simulated remaining matches' scenarios

---

First, assumed that AFG/SL/BAN will all lose against other teams:

uzagDTR.png

---

Here, I only assume AFG will lose against other teams, so BAN/SL are legitimate contenders:

zGBVKuR.png

---

You can post your simulations on the thread below if you prefer: 

People talk about SA and WI games but the game where they showed theri sheer determination was against NZ. The way they tried to defend below 250 score against good batting side was commendable. If only Rahim didnt have brainfade and kept his glove behind stumps for the Williamson runout chance,we could have seen Bangladeshs in the top four now. They lack a out and out fast bowler, who could have cleaned up Henry and santner, to be reckoned as a genuine force.

Shakib is already a Bangla legend. What an innings at this stage. Bangladesh's rise has been slow and steady but it is not surprising. They have been creating a pool of players and newer guys coming in have contributed as well. In some ways they are the Anti-West Indies. They give their best and try to maximize the talent they have. Almost a NZ model of play and they have made thi stournament more interesting.

Still it is going to be tough for them to qualify as they lost one point against SL due to rain.