Kohli and bumrah to be rested for LOI on WI tour this year

6 minutes ago, Sooda said:

who would be in your T20 squad then

to far away to say as of now ........A-tour will be happening so form n fitness needs to be seen . 

It a fun but pointless exercise making squad so well in advance . 

One thing for sure - Pant, Rahul, Shankar, Krunal, Saini, Khaleel, Shaw, Gill, Mayank has earned national cap and from here on they need Max international exposure and backing as possible. 

5 hours ago, sourab10forever said:

Imagine the number of centuries Kohli would have scored if he had not been rested for so many of these type of series in the last 2 years.

Rest Rohit as well. Both have done the same amount of work in the last 3 months. Infact Rohit has done a more toll-takeing job in IPL.

Yeah, Kohli has been missing out a lot. He should play the first 2-3 games of the ODI series and then take a break from the last 1-2. Moreover, he is the biggest star in world cricket today and any series without him will be a disappointment to viewers and telecasters. 

At this rate, by the time bumrah retires he would have played only around 90 odis. A shame considering how he is the best pacer from India ever (my opinion) and had the chance to break the highest no of wickets ever record by an Indian. 

But rest is also important I guess. 

We shud not look back at - Dhoni, Rayudu, Jadhav, DK and move on from them 

Even Shami shud be told to stick to test cricket post this. Nothing wrong with his bowling but whatever bowling is left in his body shud be for test cricket 

Edited by Ankit_sharma03
6 hours ago, OpeningBatsman said:

At this rate, by the time bumrah retires he would have played only around 90 odis. A shame considering how he is the best pacer from India ever (my opinion) and had the chance to break the highest no of wickets ever record by an Indian. 

But rest is also important I guess. 

I don't know what is with this weird fasciantion for records by subcontinent people in sports. What matters is WINS.

If he is part of a WT20, WC and Test champions side and delivered the goods, that is all that will matter.

8 hours ago, Rasgulla said:

Runs faster than a cheetah khota bhai. Running was never questioned even by hardcore haters. 

His reflexes are crappy. Cannot collect cleanly. 

Main kya karoon ram mujhe buddha mil gya.

Hai hai buddha mil gya.

Hai hai buddha mil gya.

Hai hai buddha mil gya.

Hai hai buddha mil gya.

18 hours ago, Easter_bunny said:

My Xi would be, 

Prtihvi shaw

Mayank agarwal

Rohit sharma(c) {if not rested that is}

KL rahul

Vijay shankar

Rishabh pant

Jadhav/deepak chahar(or any good AR)

Kuldeep

Chahal

Shami

Khaleel

Saini

Hanuman Bihari needs a chance too

23 hours ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

to far away to say as of now ........A-tour will be happening so form n fitness needs to be seen . 

It a fun but pointless exercise making squad so well in advance . 

One thing for sure - Pant, Rahul, Shankar, Krunal, Saini, Khaleel, Shaw, Gill, Mayank has earned national cap and from here on they need Max international exposure and backing as possible. 

It's not that far away, early August...and It's a pointless exercise regardless of when we did it :-) 

From your list Mayank and Shankar are ok but not good T20 bats, potentially good ODI bats yes but in T20s Rana and SKY are much better options. This is what I mean by confusing formats.

Also think we should keep Shaw away from LOIs for now, we have arguably better options anyway. 

44 minutes ago, Sooda said:

It's not that far away, early August...and It's a pointless exercise regardless of when we did it :-) 

From your list Mayank and Shankar are ok but not good T20 bats, potentially good ODI bats yes but in T20s Rana and SKY are much better options. This is what I mean by confusing formats.

Agree but at this point its about international exposure anyways BCCI send almost identical squads for LOI apart from 1-2 players at max