Dangal star Zaira Wasim quits films: My relationship with my religion was threatened

Singh bling

2 minutes ago, maniac said:

Ok fine Sharukh Khan names his son after lord Rama as he is a staunch devotee. It has nothing to do with Abraham.

sharukh Khan is a linguistic expert that he liked the name suhaana because rather than it meaning fragrance in Arabic he was mesmerized by the play on words deep

rooted in Sanskrit. 

All I am saying is Bollywood stars wouldn’t risk their kids named after a Hindu name because most of them will grow to be useless dumb fks who will not have a career outside the film industry anyways. With a Hindu name their marketability in other countries would decreases. It’s not a conspiracy. Just my point of view.

Yeah Amitabh Bachchan, Dharmendra and Raj Kapoor have such staunchly international/ Islamic names. No wonder they are/were popular in the Soviet Union, China, Eastern Europe and many Islamic countries.

Amazed by your profound insights on film marketing. 

@maniac I just pointed out a whole list of actors today who prefer traditional Sanskrit names for their kids. Anyways, many of these guys change their screen names before their first release. In most cases it is the directors of that first movie who take the call, and the name sticks on.

Yusuf Khan, for instance, chose the immensely Islamic name Dilip Kumar to catapult himself into stardom. :p:

Rajeev Bhatia is known as Akhsay Kumar etc.

^ She is defending Bollywood. What Happens in Bollywood , some are calling “Love Jihad” other call it “Religious tolerance”. 

However, argument against “Love Jihad” with names of kids is poor attempt. Because, In Bollywood there is overwhelming ratio of Hindu girls married to Muslim men compared to Muslim girl married to Hindu men.

While I agree with what you are saying except the ghunghat part. However much it is a regressive practice, i doubt that it has to do with a religion. Its a cultural thing in north where there was a mughal influence. To save women from getting attention. This is not very dominant in the my states and most of south. 

It was the same in old city of Hyderabad too. My uncle reasons that it was adopted by Hindus to protect their women from erm other community.

Since it is predominantly North Indian practice it could be the influence from the then recently migrated marwadis well.

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, nikred said:

It was the same in old city of Hyderabad too. My uncle reasons that it was adopted by Hindus to protect their women from erm other community.

Since it is predominantly North Indian practice it could be the influence from the then recently migrated marwadis well.

Yup custom is very predominant in marwadis. many parts of gujarat and some sections in Mahrashtra as well.

16 hours ago, Vilander said:

true the whole controversy when kareena and saif named his son Taimur was ugly, so he wants to glorify a genocidal maniac who killed milions of Hindus ? he is proud of that and he would name his son that. Its fair game.

The controversy about name of Taimur was unnecessary, while Taimur is absolutely not considered as an Islamic Hero against the Hindus. 

In fact, Taimur killed many times more Muslims as compared to Hindus. Religious Muslims are actually hate him. 

He was same like Alexander the Great. Although both killed innocent people, but both are known and respected for being great warriors. People do name their children as Alexander, and same is true for Taimur. It is a common name in Central Asia, from where the ancestors of Indian Mughals came. 

Word "Suhana" is not an Arabic word, but it came from प्राकृत prākṛta language of Indian Subcontinent (link). 

Artists in Bollywood want to be popular among all religious groups of India and thus don't want to be recognised to belong to any particular religion. It is natural that they thus avoid to show themselves as religious fundamentalists. 

Is it not enough for our Hindu friends that Muslim bollywood stars are not naming their children as Muhammad, Umar, Abu Bakr, Uthman? 

Although I am not very familar with Hindu names, but still I have this feeling that names of Hindu deities are difficult and not very common in present era. Forget about  Bollywood, even normal non-bollywood Hindus are also not naming their children so often after the name of the Hindu deities today. 

I have not seen any child with name of Ganesha, or any child with name of Hanuman. 

Earlier, I think names like Vishnu, Brahma, Rama, Krishna were more common, but modern generation is not having it so much. 

@maniac do you have children/cousins/uncles with name of Hindu deities? 

Word "Suhana" is not an Arabic word, but it came from प्राकृत prākṛta language of Indian Subcontinent (link). 

Artists in Bollywood want to be popular among all religious groups of India and thus don't want to be recognised to belong to any particular religion. It is natural that they thus avoid to show themselves as religious fundamentalists. 

Is it not enough for our Hindu friends that Muslim bollywood stars are not naming their children as Muhammad, Umar, Abu Bakr, Uthman? 

Although I am not very familar with Hindu names, but still I have this feeling that names of Hindu deities are difficult and not very common in present era. Forget about  Bollywood, even normal non-bollywood Hindus are also not naming their children so often after the name of the Hindu deities today. 

I have not seen any child with name of Ganesha, or any child with name of Hanuman. 

Earlier, I think names like Vishnu, Brahma, Rama, Krishna were more common, but modern generation is not having it so much. 

[mention=10406]maniac[/mention] do you have children/cousins/uncles with name of Hindu deities? 

My niece has what many would think is a modern name but is an alternative name of one of the hindu deities. People are getting more discrete when naming after dieties, they are not going for the obvious ones.

But people should stop mining the internet so much for hindu names, some of those new names are tongue twisters and weird sounding.

10 hours ago, Alam_dar said:

The controversy about name of Taimur was unnecessary, while Taimur is absolutely not considered as an Islamic Hero against the Hindus. 

In fact, Taimur killed many times more Muslims as compared to Hindus. Religious Muslims are actually hate him. 

He was same like Alexander the Great. Although both killed innocent people, but both are known and respected for being great warriors. People do name their children as Alexander, and same is true for Taimur. It is a common name in Central Asia, from where the ancestors of Indian Mughals came. 

Ok. He killed few Muslims too, Aurangzeb killed his brothers too. So Hindus should accept them both 

15 hours ago, Alam_dar said:

@maniac do you have children/cousins/uncles with name of Hindu deities? 

Some type of names become fashionable for a particular time.

Ganesh ,durga etc are now considered out dated. May be in a few decades,they will come back .

We had time when rahuls,rohits ,were popular.

These days due to tv serials all kinds of verbs ,nouns ,adjectives have become popular.

Sambhav,prasidh,sarvashresta,etc 

When my kid was born....names with 3 -4 letters were popular ...like Tia ,Jia,Dia,Piya,Siya.

These days it is kiara,samaira ...

Edited by beetle

On 7/8/2019 at 3:00 AM, mishra said:

^ She is defending Bollywood. What Happens in Bollywood , some are calling “Love Jihad” other call it “Religious tolerance”. 

However, argument against “Love Jihad” with names of kids is poor attempt. Because, In Bollywood there is overwhelming ratio of Hindu girls married to Muslim men compared to Muslim girl married to Hindu men.

What are you on about? What has ' love jihad' to do with this?

On 7/2/2019 at 3:38 PM, mishra said:

Those roles you mentioned were depicting a child which looks perfect when a little chubby. But same chubby child is allready looking overweight woman.

Which producer has money to waste on her waiste?

Let her mature completely

Related image

On 7/8/2019 at 11:38 PM, mishra said:

Ok. He killed few Muslims too, Aurangzeb killed his brothers too. So Hindus should accept them both 

Equating Aurangzeb to Taimur is not justified in my opinion. 

Aurangzeb is loved by the religious Muslims due to his hatred against the Hindus. While Taimur is hated be the religious Muslims while he had nothing to do with Islam and numbers of Muslims that he killed were many times more than Hindus. Taimur attacked India once or twice maximum, but rest of his life he has been killing the Muslims in the Islamic states of his time. 

If we have to equate Taimur to someone, then it should be Alexander the great.