Westindies A vs India A in westindies : July -August 2019 : 5 Un -Official ODI & 3 Un-Official Tests

7 minutes ago, sandeep said:

Dubey having fun with the spinners but living dangerously.  Still credit to him for putting up a score, when the others failed to do so.

Some terrible shots to get out on - Panchal, Shubman Gill, Bharath - atrocious shot selection.  Even Vihari threw it away after digging in. 

Pujara will show these guys how to dig in and score runs without taking risks on pitches like this. These pitches are similar to some of the spin pitches we have. At times turn sharply.

Pitch is tough to bat -sluggish with spongy bounce,along with small turn and seam.

Abhimanyu -edged simple ball. Also,one of his cut shot in air went between hands of fielder.

Panchal- 1 dropped catch by keeper;looked uncomfortable against pacers;poor shot selection in end.

Gill - Looked most comfortable with no lbw appeal or dropped catch,but appalling shot to get out.It looked he thought  for a moment that he is playing t20 on Kolkata pitch.That ball should have been played late with straight bat or swept along ground.Playing across the line,without reaching the pitch of ball,on such pitches is very dangerous.

Vihari- Player cautiously but poor placement of pull shot.

Bharat- Wrong shot selection on first ball.

Dube- Looked scratchy-1 drooped catch;scored almost all of his run against spin but looked uncomfortable against pacers.

Edited by vaul
1 hour ago, vaul said:

Pitch is tough to bat -sluggish with spongy bounce,along with small turn and seam.

Abhimanyu -edged simple ball. Also,one of his cut shot in air went between hands of fielder.

Panchal- 1 dropped catch by keeper;looked uncomfortable against pacers;poor shot selection in end.

Gill - Looked most comfortable with no lbw appeal or dropped catch,but appalling shot to get out.It looked he thought  for a moment that he is playing t20 on Kolkata pitch.That ball should have been played late with straight bat or swept along ground.Playing across the line,without reaching the pitch of ball,on such pitches is very dangerous.

Vihari- He looked cautious but poor placement of pull shot.

Bharat- Poor shot selection on first ball.

Dube- Looked scratchy-1 drooped catch;scored almost all of his run against spin but looked uncomfortable against pacers.

Dube looks like a right hander forced to bat left that is why he looks bad against piace 

Edited by rkt.india
5 hours ago, vaul said:

Vihari- Player cautiously but poor placement of pull shot.

Bharat- Wrong shot selection on first ball.

He Who Must Not Be Named (aka the best wicketkeeper from his country) is unbeaten on 60; never really looked like getting out, though he took a few hits to the body (and head).

In hindsight, it is no wonder he got a 200+ partnership with Pujara against Australia and scored two unbeaten 50's on a green track against New Zealand to get MoM.

2 hours ago, vvvslaxman said:

Bowling wise Vijay shankar part 2 infact less than that. Probably handy in one dayers where he can hit a few and bowl a few.

Already has more FC wickets than Shankar, bowl on an avg 20 overs for Mumbai every match. If at all we have to groom a seam bowler all rounder, Dube is a much better option than Shankar.

On 7/24/2019 at 9:27 PM, rkt.india said:

There is hardly anything for fast bowlers with new ball these days and in PP, it us easier to hit boundaries while the biggest issue with openers is they struggle to rotate the strike which hampers them when they bat in mo. While mo bats have the game to rotate the strike which is the most important thing a batsman must have to succeed in the mo.

Its not just about the movement. The new ball is hard and comes to you at way more pace than to a MO batsman. So you need to have all the shots like drive, pull ,cut, hook to play them. I can bet you my top dollar that peak Raina and peak Dhoni would struggle as openers even in this era.And many openers like Sachin-Sehwag(who was lazy at times)- Gambhir, GilChrist-Hayden,Warner-Finch are very good runners between the wicket.

What a terrible bowling lineup is picked for this match.  All bowlers barring Siraj & Nadeem look non threatening.  Warrier should come in for K Gowtham next game.  WI A look strong here.  Let's see if our A batsman r capable chasers in 4th inns or not. A 150+ run chase on this wicket can be interesting. 

9 hours ago, vvvslaxman said:

Seriously some stupid has selected this squad. DUbey is at best a 4th change bowler. He is opening here

Rewatching the 3rd day footage, I first thought "dafuq?! Saha standing up to the stumps to Dube?" (Roston Chase had been stepping out the last over)

... and then Chase c Saha b Dube

... <insert "hey as long as it works" meme>

Either Dube is really slow, or Saha is a once-in-a-generation-genius (I think the truth lies somewhere in between, but quite a bit closer to the "Saha = Superman" side -- keeping-wise defo on par with Darren Berry or James Foster).

On a different note, fair play to the Windies commentators who highlighted this tactical subplot - and the wicketkeeping skill needed to pull it off. I am sure there will be precisely zero Indian sources that will find space to mention such things, even in passing.

3 hours ago, abc said:

Rewatching the 3rd day footage, I first thought "dafuq?! Saha standing up to the stumps to Dube?" (Roston Chase had been stepping out the last over)

Either Dube is really slow, or Saha is a once-in-a-generation-genius (I think the truth lies somewhere in between, but quite a bit closer to the "Saha = Superman" side -- keeping-wise defo on par with Darren Berry or James Foster).

On a different note, fair play to the Windies commentators who highlighted this tactical subplot - and the wicketkeeping skill needed to pull it off. I am sure there will be precisely zero Indian sources that will find space to mention such things, even in passing.

saha, when in good form, fitness and confidence, is one of the best keepers india has ever had.

7 hours ago, abc said:

Dube is a 120-125kph bowler. Dhoni has kept up to even BK and Mohit Sharma who bowls much quicker. Gilchrist kept up to likes of Stuart Clark and bracken who were taller and quicker.

2 hours ago, rkt.india said:

Dube is a 120-125kph bowler. Dhoni has kept up to even BK and Mohit Sharma who bowls much quicker. Gilchrist kept up to likes of Stuart Clark and bracken who were taller and quicker.

120-125? That’s on BCCI domestic speed guns which are on an average 5-7 kmph slower than normal speed guns