Prithvi shaw suspended for doping violation

21 minutes ago, Zero_Unit said:

What kind of cough syrup was he taking lol. But serriously though, should release the name of it. Would prevent other honest players from failing dope test

Honest players don't inadvertently take cough syrup without knowing what's in it. There's enough education about these things even in junior cricket. 

5 hours ago, vaul said:

Positive threshold level of substance detected in second sample indicates that player is using it for long time.Therefore using cough syrup for one week or so does not lead to positive second sample.In other words Shaw is using banned substance at least for months.My conjecture is that he has been using banned substance/s for years,if one looks at looks at his hair loss and physique.

Blah blah blah.....can you back up these so called fact with evidence that if someone tested + ve twice means he is a long term doper.  Also I know many people who started loosing hair from 12th standard or got grey hair, if your theory is to be believeed  all of them were in long term doping. As someone said haridetory and genes problem propagates not only from immediate parents it can resurfaced from anyone in the family chain.....looks like you read lot of jasushi kahaniya.

Edited by bahubali
56 minutes ago, bahubali said:

Blah blah blah.....can you back up these so called fact with evidence that if someone tested + ve twice means he is a long term doper.  Also I know many people who started loosing hair from 12th standard or got grey hair, if your theory is to be believeed  all of them were in long term doping. As someone said haridetory and genes problem propagates not only from immediate parents it can resurfaced from anyone in the family chain.....looks like you read lot of jasushi kahaniya.

He was taking it for performance enhancement and healing etc. Don't buy this cough syrup story. It is nonsense.

5 hours ago, kosingh said:

Honest players don't inadvertently take cough syrup without knowing what's in it. There's enough education about these things even in junior cricket. 

Assuming that you're one of those people who thinks you are too smart for their own good eh? As if these players are pharmacist and knows whats in which medication? When was the last time you had a cold, went to your pharmacy and stood there to google which medication will get you to fail a dope test? You sir sound like a total dumba$$ ...

13 minutes ago, Zero_Unit said:

Assuming that you're one of those people who thinks you are too smart for their own good eh? As if these players are pharmacist and knows whats in which medication? When was the last time you had a cold, went to your pharmacy and stood there to google which medication will get you to fail a dope test? You sir sound like a total dumba$$ ...

Players are informed multiple multiple times every year. Warning against these cough syrups is part of ICC training. at each stage of their career, right from under 16,players are warned about cough syrups. Each year the warnings are repeated 

Also this product which was found in his urine is used as a recovery steroid (Shaw was injured) and is banned by WADA. Most cough syrup does not have this and players are warned about the cough syrup which does.

Every single athlete/sportsman who was caught with this in their system has used the excuse of cough syrups

There is no way to tell who is lying after getting caught. The only way is to remember your training, remember you are an athlete under contract and be careful 

Edited by New guy

One young pancho gets taken down for testing positive for a banned substance (The defence sounds weak, but I have zero proof so will take his word).

Another young pancho is shrieking about why his "great tailunt" should be given many chances.

Golden generation?  Panchos, I hope you don't end up giving golden showers to one another.

11 minutes ago, New guy said:

Players are informed multiple multiple times every year. Warning against these cough syrups is part of ICC training. at each stage of their career, right from under 16,players are warned about cough syrups. Each year the warnings are repeated 

Also this product which was found in his urine is used as a recovery steroid (Shaw was injured) and is banned by WADA. Most cough syrup does not have this and players are warned about the cough syrup which does.

Every single athlete/sportsman who was caught with this in their system has used the excuse of cough syrups

There is no way to tell who is lying after getting caught. The only way is to remember your training, remember you are an athlete under contract and be careful 

Don't jump into a conversation before reading my original post. Be smart, do the research before jumping on the bed...

14 minutes ago, nevada said:

This is not a big deal. Even Shane Warne got banned for a full year and came back strong like the ban never happened. 

He was banned for use of a diuretic,which is non-steroid drug,used for increasing the urine elimination from body.Players use it for 2 reasons -to loose weight,expedite the elimination of drug residue from their body.

Warne insisted he used the drug to loose weight only,not to mask the steroids.His optimum performance after the ban indicates that he might have used it to loose weight only.

On the other hand,Shaw has been found positive for a steroid -power enhancing substance.If his s/r remains same after ban,it will indicate that his past performances are not influenced by steroids.Otherwise,his fabricated story of cough syrup will be exposed.

Advanced issues found

13 minutes ago, vaul said:

He was banned for use of a diuretic,which is non-steroid drug,used for increasing the urine elimination from body.Players use it for 2 reasons -to loose weight,expedite the elimination of drug residue from their body.

Warne insisted he used the drug to loose weight only,not to mask the steroids.His optimum performance after the ban indicates that he might have used it to loose weight only.

On the other hand,Shaw has been found positive for a steroid -power enhancing substance.If his s/r remains same after ban,it will indicate that his past performances are not influenced by steroids.Otherwise,his fabricated story of cough syrup will be exposed.

Everybody fabricates a story. I wouldn't be surprised if the doping substance of choice is carefully chosen so that if caught, it can be explained away as an inadvertent mistake. Both Warne and Shaw were recovering from an injury when they got busted for doping. Maybe they took it to speed up their comeback? They needed some extra help to maintain the same or better level of play pre-injury. Once the injury fully heals, then the dope is no longer needed. This is my theory. And I think that usage of external help is not limited to just the busted players but to pretty much everyone. Whether legal or illegal, they are on something which helps them recover and play optimally time after time. Modern cricket is way too demanding. 

As I said Warne was found positive with a diuretic,not a power enhancing substance.He is chubby,therefore might have used to improve his appearance.But,unlike Shaw he was never found positive for power-enhancing substance. Otherwise his bowling speed,stamina would have dropped to extend that he would have looked much inferior.Moreover,diuretic is not used to recover from injury -it is mainly used to lower the blood pressure.

On the other hand Shaw is showing clear signs of steroid abuse -extensive hair fall,persistent injuries,his physique.If his s/r remains same after ban,it will indicate that his past performances were not influenced by steroids. Otherwise,his s/r will drop significantly because he may find it difficult to hit the ball as hard as once he used to do.

I am not defending the Warne but his post ban performance is an indicator that he might not have used diuretic to mask steroids.And same post ban performance for Shaw will tell whether he is lying or not.

Edited by vaul