Rohit & Virat Issue Post Worldcup.

6 hours ago, jf1gp_1 said:

To be honest i have the same grivence against Rohit. Sure he did get a 100 against BD in CT semis but so did virat. The only game I can think off is the t20 semis against WI where virat played a wonder inning. Sure players can fail issue is both fail together in high pressure games. Rahul is another guy on same lines can't trust him to take pressure. 

Kohli has flopped miserably with bat in big spots.Same with Rohit the moment ball does something he is a sitting duck.Rahul was/is useless.I have lost total faith in Kohli as a batsman.

On ‎8‎/‎1‎/‎2019 at 10:14 PM, jf1gp_1 said:

To be honest i have the same grivence against Rohit. Sure he did get a 100 against BD in CT semis but so did virat. The only game I can think off is the t20 semis against WI where virat played a wonder inning. Sure players can fail issue is both fail together in high pressure games. Rahul is another guy on same lines can't trust him to take pressure. 

17 hours ago, putrevus said:

Kohli has flopped miserably with bat in big spots.Same with Rohit the moment ball does something he is a sitting duck.Rahul was/is useless.I have lost total faith in Kohli as a batsman.

Rohit got a 100 in QF vs BD in 2015 and some thing around 40 in SF 2015. 

There are two difference scenarios here which do not follow from one another. That is one or both of them can be true at a time.  

"It is a knockout match in ICC tournament"  and "Ball moving and good bowling exploiting swing".

Here is how I would assess the three batsmen in both the scenarious. 
Kohli is bad in situation 1 and not bad in situation 2.

Rohit is not bad in situation 1 and bad in situation 2.

Rahul is bad in both situation 1 and situation 2. 

40 minutes ago, sarcastic said:

There are two difference scenarios here which do not follow from one another. That is one or both of them can be true at a time.  

"It is a knockout match in ICC tournament"  and "Ball moving and good bowling exploiting swing".

Sad fact is between now and 23 Virat will get 18-25 more ODI 100. Commentators will use words like run machine, genius, magical batting but all is useless if we don't win wc23. I am sure Virat himself realizes, difference between Smith and him has come out so openly.  

25 minutes ago, jf1gp_1 said:

Sad fact is between now and 23 Virat will get 18-25 more ODI 100. Commentators will use words like run machine, genius, magical batting but all is useless if we don't win wc23. I am sure Virat himself realizes, difference between Smith and him has come out so openly.  

don't think Kohli will choke in WC 2023, which is in India.

18 minutes ago, Kerberos said:

Indian Cricketers are seriously over rated. Atleast with poms we can agree it's their experts who over rate their players and general public don't care. Here an entire nation lives in delusion.

Name cricketers who are overrated ?

6 hours ago, sarcastic said:

That 2015 QF is one knock Rohit has over Kohli. Otherwise both have flopped against big teams in knock out matches.Both have showed they were unable to handle swing in big spots.

Your assessment of Rahul is correct.

People thinking Kohli being LOI captain is a non issue, should be having their heads in their backside. Just have a look at his IPL record and the kind of players RCB had at their disposal. Look at the way people who were part of RCB and the way they performed for other franchise. One example being Watson. He has been a utter flop and clueless in field as captain. How often we see him at long on at crucial situation in ODIs leaving the field setting to Dhoni. 

1 hour ago, putrevus said:

That 2015 QF is one knock Rohit has over Kohli. Otherwise both have flopped against big teams in knock out matches.Both have showed they were unable to handle swing in big spots.

Your assessment of Rahul is correct.

Rohit is someone who does great when he is captain, opposite of Kohli

On 8/3/2019 at 8:20 AM, New guy said:

Rohit is someone who does great when he is captain, opposite of Kohli

Nonsense, Kohli has most 100s as a captain in least amount of matches.Kohli's only problem is he has failed in three big matches that too all left arm fast bowlers.

On 8/1/2019 at 2:24 AM, putrevus said:

Bumrah was not even in the team in last world cup.You must be kidding if you think Kohli has not done anything for fast bowling. show me a better Indian captain who handled fast bowlers better than him.

Show me a captain who had better fast bowling resources at his disposal then kohli. Kohli has just raised fitness demands which no can take away from him. But his image of being a fast bowling captain is overrated as anything and coz dhoni was so bad with fast bowlers. If someone used fast bowler on field well it was dravid on eng tour in 2007 with excellent field settings.

Kohli fast bowling selections suggest otherwise. 

He still pics bhuvi over shami in odi.....when shami is miles ahead as bowler

Umesh yadav is still wasting a spot

A fast bowling talent like navdeep doesnt play in odi

Siraj was destroying A teams .....never got picked in test instead shardul thakur gets picked. Siraj plays in his ipl team....and he still didnt figure out that siraj has test cricket skills . The other day on show aakash chopra gave a very good xample when khaleel had taken 3 wkts against WI in game he took him out of the attack rather giving him a chance for taking a fifer. A fifer or a 100 can change anyone confidence . 

Best person was dravid who got fast bowlers but that times in india fast bowler didnt knew how to maintain themselves . Even ganguly was great but he didnt understand the concept of bowlers recovery post injury which this TM is also guilty of

Edited by Ankit_sharma03
3 hours ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

Show me a captain who had better fast bowling resources at his disposal then kohli. Kohli has just raised fitness demands which no can take away from him. But his image of being a fast bowling captain is overrated as anything and coz dhoni was so bad with fast bowlers. If someone used fast bowler on field well it was dravid on eng tour in 2007 with excellent field settings.

Kohli fast bowling selections suggest otherwise. 

He still pics bhuvi over shami in odi.....when shami is miles ahead as bowler

Umesh yadav is still wasting a spot

A fast bowling talent like navdeep doesnt play in odi

Siraj was destroying A teams .....never got picked in test instead shardul thakur gets picked. Siraj plays in his ipl team....and he still didnt figure out that siraj has test cricket skills . The other day on show aakash chopra gave a very good xample when khaleel had taken 3 wkts against WI in game he took him out of the attack rather giving him a chance for taking a fifer. A fifer or a 100 can change anyone confidence . 

Best person was dravid who got fast bowlers but that times in india fast bowler didnt knew how to maintain themselves . Even ganguly was great but he didnt understand the concept of bowlers recovery post injury which this TM is also guilty of

Are you kidding me.Shami and Ishant did they not play under other captains.Dravid was useless captain who was unable to handle his coach and then pressure of leading the team.It showed in his batting too.

Picking Bhuvi over Shami is not wrong, Shami was awful in death overs and when you play only two fast bowlers death bowling is important too.

I like Saini too but as a captain Kohli wants a leftie which is not wrong in theory. Siraj is useless. Saini will be better red ball bowler than white ball bowler.

Kohli is best ever Indian captain.The only thing which is holding him himself as a batsman in big spots.

3 hours ago, putrevus said:

Are you kidding me.Shami and Ishant did they not play under other captains.Dravid was useless captain who was unable to handle his coach and then pressure of leading the team.It showed in his batting too.

Shami n ishant have played under diff captains. A bowler goes through diff phases which does give credit to captain . He bowled his best still under kumble . If ishant had wrist issue for year it doesnt mean it was becoz of dhoni . 

Hows is handling of coach in dressing room similar to handling of fast bowlers on field ?

Picking Bhuvi over Shami is not wrong, Shami was awful in death overs and when you play only two fast bowlers death bowling is important too.

Just check their record

Bhuvi pics cheap wkts in death . So ull pick a bowler for 3 death overs not someone who bowls better 7 over

Shami is miles miles ahead then bhuvi as bowler n their record speak for itself. 

I like Saini too but as a captain Kohli wants a leftie which is not wrong in theory. Siraj is useless. Saini will be better red ball bowler than white ball bowler.

Why cant saini play ahead of bhuvi or shami ....shami nyways wont play next wc or kohli is to scared to loose to wi

Kohli is best ever Indian captain.The only thing which is holding him himself as a batsman in big spots.

If numbers is the only criteria no shud question kohli as batsman to even if he fails every pressure game coz his numbers are bonkers as batsman

Edited by Ankit_sharma03