We have a legacy like the West Indies did the in Eighties and Australia did in the turn of the century - Ravi Shastri

Nikola

On 7/16/2020 at 3:12 PM, Ankit_sharma03 said:

In indian cricket things wont happen unless result are disaster, every time these bilateral series come n save their arses. 

Really, I dint see dhoni being kicked out of captaincy after 11-0, what is more disastrous then that. Rather selectors being kicked out and coach being kicked out that's what always happened and will happen.

1 hour ago, raki05 said:

Really, I dint see dhoni being kicked out of captaincy after 11-0, what is more disastrous then that. Rather selectors being kicked out and coach being kicked out that's what always happened and will happen.

• Srini mama
  • Dhoni had Wc, t20 Wc, no.1 test team in his kitty
  • Gambhir lost his form 
  • Sehwag lost his place 
  • Kohli was to young 
  • Whole batting linup went through a transition 

Even in case of kohli he has Eng-Sa losses, CT and WC under perfomance hasnt affecetd his place coz he has numbers of wins . 

38 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:
  • Srini mama
  • Dhoni had Wc, t20 Wc, no.1 test team in his kitty
  • Gambhir lost his form 
  • Sehwag lost his place 
  • Kohli was to young 
  • Whole batting linup went through a transition 

Even in case of kohli he has Eng-Sa losses, CT and WC under perfomance hasnt affecetd his place coz he has numbers of wins . 

What wc, t20 win has anything to do with 11-0 loss. And he was planned to removed from test captaincy and not odi. 

2 minutes ago, raki05 said:

What wc, t20 win has anything to do with 11-0 loss. And he was planned to removed from test captaincy and not odi. 

Well thats how indian cricket works, He had No.1 position in ranking in test also and add other factors i gave

Well Mohinder amarnath wanted him removed from ODI captaincy in 2012 Aussie tour. 

25 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

Well thats how indian cricket works, He had No.1 position in ranking in test also and add other factors i gave

Well Mohinder amarnath wanted him removed from ODI captaincy in 2012 Aussie tour. 

It was from Test Captaincy as far as i know. Also team was no: 1 before 11-0 drubbing and not during this drubbing he also was the only captain who lost a test series at home in a long time . So  i dont agree that a disastrous performance leads to ouster from captaincy. I have seen selectors, coaches been sent out but there is a different parameter for Sooperishtars. Had that not been case Shastri would have never got selected twice for coaching ahead of many suitable and capable coaches. India in it's strongest time financially/cricketing ability loosing tournaments knock out left, right and center but no one has guts to question kohli coz he is sooperIshtar he is not even ready to give up his t20 captaincy and keep playing against,bd,afg, honululu just to save his captaincy.

Edited by raki05
11 minutes ago, raki05 said:

It was from Test Captaincy as far as i know. Also team was no: 1 before 11-0 drubbing and not during this drubbing he also was the only captain who lost a test series at home in a long time . So  i dont agree that a disastrous performance leads to ouster from captaincy. I have seen selectors, coaches been sent out but there is a different parameter for Sooperishtars. Had that not been case Shastri would have never got selected twice for coaching ahead of many suitable and capable coaches. India in it's strongest time financially/cricketing ability loosing tournaments knock out left, right and center but no one has guts to question kohli coz he is sooperIshtar he is not even ready to give up his t20 captaincy and keep playing against,bd,afg, honululu just to save his captaincy.

Post the Test debacle in Australia, Amarnath said, the selectors wanted to appoint a young captain for the triangular one-day series that followed, but their decision was overturned

Link - https://www.espncricinfo.com/story/_/id/22109496/dhoni-sacking-blocked-board-chief-mohinder-amarnath

12 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

Post the Test debacle in Australia, Amarnath said, the selectors wanted to appoint a young captain for the triangular one-day series that followed, but their decision was overturned

Link - https://www.espncricinfo.com/story/_/id/22109496/dhoni-sacking-blocked-board-chief-mohinder-amarnath

Alright. and clearly reflects how pissed of they were with his mediocre captaincy that they wanted to get rid of him and it's not like he just lost test. He was blanked in entire series odi,t20 and test.