MSK Prasad names three young wicket-keepers as Rishabh Pant’s backup, says ‘We’ve been grooming them across all formats’

7 hours ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

I am surprised that experts are pointing out at management , i completely support this.

PANT has Underperformed and that's the TRUTH.

NO genuine batsman goes and hits the first BALL out of the ground but I have seen Pant try to do that and he has got out in his first 3 to 6 balls also as a TAILEND batsman. I have batted myself and committed this mistake earlier ( to try n hit the first ball out of the ground).

its not the Talent in question , we know he can hit the ball long but so does so many other batsman, it is not just rishabh who can hit Sixes and four's, other's too but as a batsman , he has to get his EYE In and then try to Hit. 

He goes for the glory Shot too Early in his innings. though i have supported pant but still if he does not know how to BUILD his innings, he cannot Succeed. Building Innings does not mean PLAYING like dhoni and eating up first 40 balls and then opening UP, but play calmly for first 12 to 15 balls like Shreyas Iyer or kohli or rohit and then start going big on bowlers.

this guy wants to hit the hell out of the bowler in his first 5 balls itself.

at this stage he is close to be knocked out as he does not follow the rule of building the innings. he has to Improve.

bharat, Sanju Samson,saha are the keepers who can replace him in some formats.

1 hour ago, vishalvirsingh said:

I am surprised that experts are pointing out at management , i completely support this.

NO genuine batsman goes and hits the first BALL out of the ground but I have seen Pant try to do that and he has got out in his first 3 to 6 balls also as a TAILEND batsman. I have batted myself and committed this mistake earlier ( to try n hit the first ball out of the ground).

its not the Talent in question , we know he can hit the ball long but so does so many other batsman, it is not just rishabh who can hit Sixes and four's, other's too but as a batsman , he has to get his EYE In and then try to Hit. 

He goes for the glory Shot too Early in his innings. though i have supported pant but still if he does not know how to BUILD his innings, he cannot Succeed. Building Innings does not mean PLAYING like dhoni and eating up first 40 balls and then opening UP, but play calmly for first 12 to 15 balls like Shreyas Iyer or kohli or rohit and then start going big on bowlers.

at this stage he is close to be knocked out as he does not follow the rule of building the innings. he has to Improve.

12 matches 10 innings ,is it enough to pass judgement or make an opinion about a player?

Or do you really find it normal for the people  to blast a kid in that manner ,out in open?

It is coming from random people,thats laughable,people find it easy to bash a person when he is down

Not saying never make an opinion but atleast you can take time ,let the kid take all his time,then share your opinion

There are tons of impact players who did zilch in their first 50 matches ,guy had barely played 12,let him find his feet brother ,lets not become vultures,lets be his supporters

2 hours ago, vishalvirsingh said:

how many youngsters have been consistent in their 1st 20 games remind me 

Sehwag use to hit 1st ball for 4 in 2011 WC n we cherished it didnt we
only players with such blessed talent can do it

either take players like rohit , kohli, dhawan n dont crib that we dont have players who can hot from ball -1

Raina was the last guy who use to do it was he consistent? No

Gilly, sehwag, sanath were they consistent in ODI ?? No

Such players are never consistent....impact comes at consistency cost n u dnt want same type of players in team

He goes for the glory Shot too Early in his innings. though i have supported pant but still if he does not know how to BUILD his innings, he cannot Succeed.

he has a 1000 run season in domestic...how doesnt he knw how to build innings

2 -100s in overseas ...isnt possible if u dnt knw how to build an innings 

Building Innings does not mean PLAYING like dhoni and eating up first 40 balls and then opening UP, but play calmly for first 12 to 15 balls like Shreyas Iyer or kohli or rohit and then start going big on bowlers.

No one wants similar XI players in team

A team will have gilly also, ponting also n symonds also 

what iyer n kohli can do pant cant, what pant can those 2 cant 

Sanju isnt even consistent in domestic ....pant has dominated him in IPL

what makes u think sanju wont go through consistency issue international . Sanju runs in ipl also has come in top 3 and their is no vacant spot in top 3

Dawood bhaag ke Pakistan chalaa gaya to kya hua? Apna Hero hain na - woh Thala-bhai? Ekdom jhakas apna D-company  (D for Dhoni) chalaa raha hain. Dekh Jharkhand mein baithh ke BCCI ko kaisa kaantrool mein rakkha hain!! :bow:

MSD = Dawood

Rat = Chhota Shakeel

Bewda = Tiger Memon

MSK Persaud = Abu Salem

Edited by Audiophile
19 hours ago, vishalvirsingh said:

Again the issue here is public want Pant to play like Rohit, Dhoni and Kohli who build innings playing cautiously. Then why do the same public crib about not having someone who can hit from ball one? You have one and you try hard to screw his natural game. Pant should not be used as a "accumulator" in ODIs and there should be no concept of accumulator in t20s to begin with. One accumulator in Kohli in t20s is enough. Allowing Pant to play his natural game without undue scrutiny and criticism will result in a lot less consistent batsman but a match winner who will win you games single handedly on his days without taking it to the last over drama of Dhoni.

3 hours ago, Pollack said:

Again the issue here is public want Pant to play like Rohit, Dhoni and Kohli who build innings playing cautiously. Then why do the same public crib about not having someone who can hit from ball one? You have one and you try hard to screw his natural game. Pant should not be used as a "accumulator" in ODIs and there should be no concept of accumulator in t20s to begin with. One accumulator in Kohli in t20s is enough. Allowing Pant to play his natural game without undue scrutiny and criticism will result in a lot less consistent batsman but a match winner who will win you games single handedly on his days without taking it to the last over drama of Dhoni.

Dear brother...

I have played season ball cricket....guys who try to hit the ball from first ball normally get out within 8 to 10 balls.

It's with one and all, with every batsmen. If he thinks he can go bang bang first ball and succeed..he wont.

even in t 20 he has to play first 6 balls cautiously and then go bang bang.

That's the way season cricket is played..its very tough to hit the first ball or even second ball for 6 and if one does that he gets out of the Next ball.

He is not a tail end batsmen so he has to value his wicket too.

Big hit cricket can be played after getting your eye in which means at least 6 balls.

I feel I get my eye in after facing 8 to 9 balls and can go bang bang from 9th or 10th ball.

Dhoni used to get his eye in after facing 30 balls which was way too much, that's why he doesn't fit into t20 team.

22 hours ago, Suhaan said:

12 matches 10 innings ,is it enough to pass judgement or make an opinion about a player?

Or do you really find it normal for the people  to blast a kid in that manner ,out in open?

It is coming from random people,thats laughable,people find it easy to bash a person when he is down

Not saying never make an opinion but atleast you can take time ,let the kid take all his time,then share your opinion

There are tons of impact players who did zilch in their first 50 matches ,guy had barely played 12,let him find his feet brother ,lets not become vultures,lets be his supporters

Kind of agree that rishabh is talented but he should get his eye in and then go bang bang..if he tries from ball 1..he would get to hear from team management.

I agree coach should manage him better rather than talking bad openly. That's not correct coaching.

But here problem lies with both...rishabh is not managing his batting well and coach is putting excessive pressure.

21 hours ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

either take players like rohit , kohli, dhawan n dont crib that we dont have players who can hot from ball -1

Such players are never consistent....impact comes at consistency cost n u dnt want same type of players in team

what makes u think sanju wont go through consistency issue international . Sanju runs in ipl also has come in top 3 and their is no vacant spot in top 3

Iyer has been consistent at 4 since his first match ..I don't know why were others tried.

While opening there are just 2 fielders outside the inner circle  , just beat one fielder and you get a 4. Secondly sehwag was very aggressive talent and on talent he was as good as sachin , sachin was disciplined and so scored more. Let's understand Rishabh is no Sehwag as of today. I am completely decided on this that the best batsman of a team is either the opener or 1 drop. And because these three guys get so much of batting in all matches, these 3 guys become better.

Check out any state team or any country team of Odi and t20, you will come to know that first 3 batters become the best.

Shreyas played for Mumbai at no 3 and no 4..Rishabh doesn't play in first 3 or 4 in Delhi and so he is a great Slogger but not a batsman who is fully baked with good defence (everyone knows he is most aggressive).

If Rishabh is played,  he should bat at no 6 or no 7 behind hardik and ahead of ravindra jadeja.

See prithvi shaw, gill, priyank panchal, mayank aggarwall.

The best batsman of team are openers or 1 down and in test team sometimes no 4 could be the best.

21 hours ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

Dravid spoke big about sanju and Rishabh. Dravid picked sanju to open for rajasthan royals. Dravid is a trusted coach and he is identifying and grooming India A well.

If I have to compare sanju Samson and Rishabh for no 6 or no 7 position,  I will pick Rishabh.but if position is no 5 then sanju may be better as he may have a better defense and I hope he builds his innings well.

Building innings mean score runs with out taking too much risk for 30 to 40 balls and then go bang bang in odi and score runs calmly for first 8 to 9 balls in t20 and then hit big 

32 minutes ago, vishalvirsingh said:

Dravid spoke big about sanju and Rishabh. Dravid picked sanju to open for rajasthan royals. Dravid is a trusted coach and he is identifying and grooming India A well.

If I have to compare sanju Samson and Rishabh for no 6 or no 7 position,  I will pick Rishabh.but if position is no 5 then sanju may be better as he may have a better defense and I hope he builds his innings well.

Building innings mean score runs with out taking too much risk for 30 to 40 balls and then go bang bang in odi and score runs calmly for first 8 to 9 balls in t20 and then hit big 

Pant should be groomed as someone like Raina who can tee off from the get go. But he hasn't quiet reached that level yet.  

Iyer has been consistent at 4 since his first match ..I don't know why were others tried.

coz he failed in Sa series and was dropping catches

Also virat kohli has no patience

While opening there are just 2 fielders outside the inner circle  , just beat one fielder and you get a 4. Secondly sehwag was very aggressive talent and on talent he was as good as sachin , sachin was disciplined and so scored more. Let's understand Rishabh is no Sehwag as of today.

Was sehwag himself sehwag at the age of 21???  i think he was even struggling to get into indian team 

Shreyas played for Mumbai at no 3 and no 4..Rishabh doesn't play in first 3 or 4 in Delhi and so he is a great Slogger but not a batsman who is fully baked with good defence (everyone knows he is most aggressive).

pant doesnt play in top 3 doesnt mean he cant, he plays low coz he can and many cant

U hve forgotten he has dominated iyer in both ipl batting at same slots 

U need to learn the meaning of slogger- lappebaaz.....pant is not lappebaz he has rare gift

If Rishabh is played,  he should bat at no 6 or no 7 behind hardik and ahead of ravindra jadeja.

players become better batting up

Yuvraj became yuvraj batting up the order

Coz sanju wasnt making runs in middle much so he was made to open

Pant has opened in DD under dravid only n India u-19 to

Pant bats low coz very few can.....

ur picking someone who isnt even consistent in domestic level

N on ipl he is consistent but pant has dominated him head n square...

U think samson wudnt have inconsistency issue? 

Not every one shud bat like that 

If top 5 takes 8-9 balls thats basically 40-50 balls gone means almost half an innings is over....thoda calcuate krke logic bolo

Why are people acting as if Pant has been dropped from the squad, he is still playing all three formats.There is nothing wrong in criticizing him in public.They want him to be no4 in both odis and t20s as he is a leftie and will break up all right handers.

He should be good enough to bat at no4 .He is a quality batsman, he just needs to trust himself and give his best shot.

Don't see sky falling with this statement. This seems obvious by the way A teams are being selected. Pant is a great bat in longer format but keeping in Indian condition is bit iffy. In list A, he is yet to find the approach that will suit him. Will be good to let him evolve in one format initially so that he achieves his full potential.

22 hours ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

coz he failed in Sa series and was dropping catches

Also virat kohli has no patience

Was sehwag himself sehwag at the age of 21???  i think he was even struggling to get into indian team 

pant doesnt play in top 3 doesnt mean he cant, he plays low coz he can and many cant

U hve forgotten he has dominated iyer in both ipl batting at same slots 

U need to learn the meaning of slogger- lappebaaz.....pant is not lappebaz he has rare gift

players become better batting up

Yuvraj became yuvraj batting up the order

Coz sanju wasnt making runs in middle much so he was made to open

Pant has opened in DD under dravid only n India u-19 to

Pant bats low coz very few can.....

ur picking someone who isnt even consistent in domestic level

N on ipl he is consistent but pant has dominated him head n square...

U think samson wudnt have inconsistency issue? 

Not every one shud bat like that 

If top 5 takes 8-9 balls thats basically 40-50 balls gone means almost half an innings is over....thoda calcuate krke logic bolo

Ankit bhai...

When I was sent at no 6 , I came to bat @6 , I got out of hits in the first ball too..coach said play at least 3 to 5 balls to get your eye in and then hit. I did as he said and I connected very well.

If he is a super talent he may get his eye in may be in 7 to 9 balls but he has to play straight till then.

If he thinks he is God n can hit from ball 1 , he would fail in 8 innings out of 10.