Ganguly set to become-new-bcci-president

raki05

7 minutes ago, RajBan said:

No, Srini has a new boss now. He has given one call to Srini after having a discussion with Ganguly and Srini has gone quite and agreed that his pawn Brijesh Patel won't submit nomination. 

Hope that is the case but I can't see how Ganguly could manipulate all these guys.

3 hours ago, maniac said:

That's good to know in the last few years he did some good stuff but I remember in 2016 a couple of big games were grossly mismanaged like the WT20 game between Ind-Pak and the Ind-SA LOI that got washed out

I think he was kinda new then. Not sure why the goofups happened. But after that, it's been solid. Also Amit Shah's son is the convenor of the selection committee, so Dhoni is secure as *.

6 minutes ago, Gollum said:

Nepotism by BJP, disgraceful....slowly beginning to emulate Congress. 

Politicians are crooks, don't expect anything better from anyone else.All are there to make their money,Who knows how much money Shahs and Modi have made.

Vajpayee is one guy who I think had integrity  , rest of them are all crooks .

What has Dada done in CAB? Administration is a different ball game and even someone like him needs more experience, don't expect much to change structurally and in grassroots level. Even a donkey-lizard combo can do a better job than COA, so I guess that's a positive.

Ideally Ganguly should make the NZ tour a 3 or 4 test series one...2 test series is a bloody farce. Arrange more tests next year (we are playing only 5 !!!!), better prep for NZ tour, create proper home season, keep out Dhoni and other oldies/TTFs, back youngsters, clip the wings of Shastri, better selectors, most importantly initiate the process to undo the ICC revenue distribution robbery but that will require political will and Chanakya Neeti...what more can he do in 10 *ing months? 

Like him or not, we need Srini mama to get back at ICC for what they did a couple of years ago. Take back what is rightfully ours. I say unleash the Kraken on other ICC members, create a special role for him precisely for that, just like Agamemnon needed Achilles BCCI needs its toughest, meanest SOB in what will be ICC's biggest ever boardroom fight.

Internal brawls can wait, first we need to unite and Hulk Smaaaash the external nuisance, what say?

Image result for srinivasan godfather

And yeah * this traitor scumbag

Image result for shashank manohar

Edited by Gollum
3 hours ago, Lannister said:

Nothing will change. This guy didn't have the balls to criticize Dhoni, and you expect him to go against Kohli? The one thing you can expect from him is to weed out Shastri. But don't think even Shastri will give a **** about that as he has already filled his pocket. 

You are clearly mistaken. There are only two cricketers in administration who has the balls to take up Dhoni/Kohli/Srini nexus.

One is Ganguly and the other is Gambhir. Their styles could be different though. Ganguly is more political and diplomatic. Gambhir is more direct and aggressive.

13 hours ago, Gollum said:

Nepotism by BJP, disgraceful....slowly beginning to emulate Congress. 

Looks like it on surface, but BCCI and sports admin in general in India is a cesspit, no white knights there and many associations are fuedal, family-run orgs. Better to have an enlightened nepotist who knows the ropes and delivers results than same-old blood-suckers or parachuted figureheads with zero practical knowledge like CoA. If Jay Shah, and Thakur's borther don't deliver, kick them out....but if not them, we wld hv had fatty shukla, Niranjan shah & sons, or some Pawar crony. 

13 hours ago, Gollum said:

Like him or not, we need Srini mama to get back at ICC for what they did a couple of years ago. Take back what is rightfully ours. I say unleash the Kraken on other ICC members, create a special role for him precisely for that, just like Agamemnon needed Achilles BCCI needs its toughest, meanest SOB in what will be ICC's biggest ever boardroom fight.

Internal brawls can wait, first we need to unite and Hulk Smaaaash the external nuisance, what say?

Sahi pakde hain...this should be priority #1 and Srini mama is best suited for this. Where Srini went wrong was giving unchecked power to Dhoni and ignoring our freefall in test cricket post WC 2011, as an admin he's extremely competent...in life, you hardly ever get true heroes, perfect in every sense, just try to get best out of everyone. 

13 hours ago, putrevus said:

Politicians are crooks, don't expect anything better from anyone else.All are there to make their money,Who knows how much money Shahs and Modi have made.

Vajpayee is one guy who I think had integrity  , rest of them are all crooks .

This is the kind of thought seeded by angrezi-spewing 'intelligentsia' which fills op-eds of ToI etc with their toxic trash day in & out. Fact - some politicians ARE driven by stuff other than money, it could be power, civilizational pride, recognition, mixture of all of these. Modi-Shah do fall in this category, no one's a saint in politics, but it's not unheard of people in public life aspiring to more than garden-variety corruption like Sukh Ram, A Raja, PC etc. Sure, every party needs money to grease the wheels of our 24*7 electoral cycle in demoh-crazy....but why would a man who has forsaken his family indulge in personal corruption? You can put others in this clean politicians category - Pattnaik, Amarinder etc. So don't fall for the trash that all politicians and Indians are inherently corrupt

On 10/17/2019 at 3:52 AM, Cricwala said:

This is the kind of thought seeded by angrezi-spewing 'intelligentsia' which fills op-eds of ToI etc with their toxic trash day in & out. Fact - some politicians ARE driven by stuff other than money, it could be power, civilizational pride, recognition, mixture of all of these. Modi-Shah do fall in this category, no one's a saint in politics, but it's not unheard of people in public life aspiring to more than garden-variety corruption like Sukh Ram, A Raja, PC etc. Sure, every party needs money to grease the wheels of our 24*7 electoral cycle in demoh-crazy....but why would a man who has forsaken his family indulge in personal corruption? You can put others in this clean politicians category - Pattnaik, Amarinder etc. So don't fall for the trash that all politicians and Indians are inherently corrupt

Nothing angrezi about it.Vajpayee did not have any family to cater, he dedicated his life to Indian politics.He was genuinely good guy even Congress govt under PV Narmisimha Rao used him to lead Indian deligations for International affairs to fight for Indian causes in those meetings.I am not saying there are not others but Shah and Modi don't fall under that category.

14 hours ago, putrevus said:

it.Vajpayee did not have any family to cater, he dedicated his life to Indian

Vajpayee had more of a family to "cater" compared to Modi. Google Ranjan Bhattacharya. Both of them are a class apart when it comes to personal financial integrity, i would put MMS in same category, but then MMS sold his soul to the Italian mafioso

Ganguly happened to be a good leader on the cricket field. But he had the talent coming up to match it - Yuvi, Dhoni, Zak, Bhajji, Kaif, Nehra, etc. Admin is a different job. He has the politician in him to wade himself through the troubled waters. But his ability to make positive changes to Indian cricket is not proven yet. I don't think he has improved Bengal cricket. His commentary is boring, repetitive and not so insightful. Its good to be a little skeptical

PS: Bewda may get axed though :giggle:

Edited by Real McCoy
On 10/17/2019 at 1:22 PM, Cricwala said:

I have never seen such blind hero worship of politicians. Cult of politicians is a doom for democracy. And like any good cult member you attack the intelligent people and the media. For a cult to survive people should be stupid and not able to think for themselves 

I agree with you though that power is as big a motivator as money. But for a true democracy the citizens as well as the media should be against the government and not pro. That's how a democracy is different from dictatorship and that's how governments power are kept in check. We already are kind of weak as there is no strong opposition in the country. Blindly worshiping the government can doom us no matter who is in power