Why are we reluctant to develop or pick the next gen 140 k + pacers ?

Let's say I am an outsider who has heard a lot about India's new found strength ... the quality of it's pace bowling.

And I hear that a tournament is going on which features the best of India's uncapped players and international prospects.

And then I see Kalaria and Shankar opening the bowling. for one team and Pathania and Porel for the other team. All trundling in the 120s and gently placing the ball there.

I would be really surprised and probably think that India has got the shittiest of selectors who are very very bad at identifying new talent and giving them chances.

2 minutes ago, express bowling said:

Let's say I am an outsider who has heard a lot about India's new found strength ... the quality of it's pace bowling.

And I hear that a tournament is going on which features the best of India's uncapped players and international prospects.

And then I see Kalaria and Shankar opening the bowling. for one team and Pathania and Porel for the other team. All trundling in the 120s and gently placing the ball there.

I would be really surprised and probably think that India has got the shittiest of selectors who are very very bad at identifying new talent and giving them chances.

When this m@#_---d MSK's stint is coming to end?

Desperately waiting for that to happen,even more than Thala's?

And also his "nobody" stooges

18 hours ago, express bowling said:

I think there were only two bowlers who bowled regularly over 135k in this tournament, Siraj and Warrier. They could have picked guys like Mavi, Mohsin, Yash Thakur, Nalkande who are young and has future promise. But they pick Kaul, Unadkat, and Kalaria who have no future.

Edited by rkt.india

Porel is the best medium pacer on view.

He is tall with a high arm action,  getting bounce, zipping the ball off the deck, getting some seam movement and bowling in good areas.

If he could bowl 135 k to 142 k, it would have been good enough for his bowling style.

But his 123 k to 133 k is too slow for international level. There are quite a few innocuous balls by him as a result ... which top international batters will hit.

Edited by express bowling
13 hours ago, express bowling said:

Porel is the best medium pacer on view.

He is tall with a high arm action,  getting bounce, zipping the ball off the deck, getting some seam movement and bowling in good areas.

If he could bowl 135 k to 142 k, it would have been good enough for his bowling style.

But his 123 k to 133 k is too slow for international level. There are quite a few innocuous balls by him as a result ... which top international batters will hit.

So the criterion of adding 5-7 kmph to the speed readings on domestic speed guns is not applicable for Porel? It would make him 128-140 kmph, avg of ~135 kmph, For a 21 year old, that is excellent. Could potentially become 140 kmph with conditioning and strength training

On 11/3/2019 at 10:59 AM, rkt.india said:

I think there were only two bowlers who bowled regularly over 135k in this tournament, Siraj and Warrier. They could have picked guys like Mavi, Mohsin, Yash Thakur, Nalkande who are young and has future promise. But they pick Kaul, Unadkat, and Kalaria who have no future.

I have got no hopes from the selectors.

But bigger disappointment is neither the domestic broadcaster nor the BCCI panel domestic commentators make any efforts to promote some of these unknown cricketers. Not once will you hear them talk about any upcoming talent. 

On 11/2/2019 at 4:59 PM, express bowling said:

Surely not as bad as Abid Ali and Eknath Solkar being the only two pacers in playing 11 while touring abroad and opening the bowling !! :giggle:

Edited by Straight Drive
18 hours ago, putrevus said:

Deodhar not Duleep. Deodhar and Duleep selections matter most , it means they are picked over many other players.

VH trophy I did not see any of them in this list either?

http://stats.espncricinfo.com/ci/engine/records/bowling/most_wickets_career.html?id=13220;type=tournament

If players were only selected based on these stats, we didn't need selectors.  Statsguru was good enough. Tell me what you don't already know about Kaul, Unadkat. Why they were picked while there are bowlers done better than these two. 

Look at the top, Why gourav yadav wasn't picked. The guy is pretty quick for what I have seen.

Edited by rkt.india
10 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

If players were only selected based on these stats, we didn't need selectors. Tell what you don't already know about Kaul, Unadkat. Why they were picked while there are bowlers done better than these two. 

Look at the top, Why gourav yadav wasn't picked. The guy is pretty quick for what I have seen.

And why was KM Asif not picked. ?   He did well in VH Trophy and is pretty sharp.

3 hours ago, express bowling said:

And why was KM Asif not picked. ?   He did well in VH Trophy and is pretty sharp.

Yeah this is their learning curve and you(selectors)are denying them that opportunity  also,

It seems these poor guys don't have next level to get promoted ,this corrupt regime is hindering their developmental process,the rot is quite dense here