RANJI TROPHY 2019-20

Suhaan

24 minutes ago, ShoonyaSifar said:

How exactly is Karnataka the 'best domestic team' in the circuit? They haven't been in Ranji finals for last 4 seasons now. 

I guess it means for this year on the basis of VH and SMA.

On another note, Abhimanyu Rajput looks a fine pacer AR prospect. Solid bat, decent pace with movement...could get faster by having slightly smoother runup, looks a little forced atm.

58 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

I hope they telecast Krntka vs J&K , so many players to wachout from

As I am from Kashmir, I am really excited to see our team in QF's and there are some quality players from J&K.

Look out for Abdul Samad,Mujtaba Yousuf and Abid Mushtaq.

It's very unfortunate for us that our best upcoming batting (Qamran Iqbal) and bowling talent (Rasikh Salaam) are not available.

Mujtaba is a young left arm quick who bowls in the early 130's and just took 6-49 against Haryana on his debut.Abid Mushtaq is a power hitter coming down the order and is a decent left arm orthodox spinner.

But the most special talent is Abdul Samad.Seniors like Parvez Rasool,Umar Nazir and Shubham Khajuria have a part to play as well.

Karnataka are the favourites for me,not only against J&K but for this tournament.If KL and Manish join the Karnataka team then it makes them so much more stronger.

Hope the venue is Jammu and we get a good game.

18 minutes ago, Hisham said:

As I am from Kashmir, I am really excited to see our team in QF's and there are some quality players from J&K.

It's very unfortunate for us that our best upcoming batting (Qamran Iqbal) and bowling talent (Rasikh Salaam) are not available.

Mujtaba is a young left arm quick who bowls in the early 130's and just took 6-49 against Haryana on his debut.Abid Mushtaq is a power hitter coming down the order and is a decent left arm orthodox spinner.

But the most special talent is Abdul Samad.Seniors like Parvez Rasool,Umar Nazir and Shubham Khajuria have a part to play as well.

Karnataka are the favourites for me,not only against J&K but for this tournament.If KL and Manish join the Karnataka team then it makes them so much more stronger.

yes im keeping an eye on Abdul samad , still not getting why J&K is giving him so less overs 

28 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

yes im keeping an eye on Abdul samad , still not getting why J&K is giving him so less overs 

Only reason I can think of is that they already have 5 genuine bowling options.

He should obviously bowl more as he is definitely more than a part timer.Can bowl googly as well and is quick through air.Has taken wickets whenever he has been called up to bowl.

Also imo he should be in the XI of SRH ahead of Virat Singh and Priyam Garg.

1 hour ago, Hisham said:

What's the case with Qamran Iqbal? I remember he started this season in VH but hasn't played the Ranji season I think. Also missed out on the u19 team. He looked a prospect a year or so back

9 minutes ago, Vickydev said:

What's the case with Qamran Iqbal? I remember he started this season in VH but hasn't played the Ranji season I think. Also missed out on the u19 team. He looked a prospect a year or so back

Qamran Iqbal's situation is an enigma.

As far as I know during Vijay Hazare trophy Irfan Pathan wasn't happy with Qamran Iqbal.He thought he wasn't giving his 100% and wasn't a team player thus sidelines him since then.Senior players from J&K team asked Qamran to apologize to Irfan but Qamran refused to apologize and said that he had not done anything wrong.

Since then JKCA has unofficially banned Qamran Iqbal for an indefinite time.

Such a waste of talent!

I rate Qamran more than Samad.Qamran had a decent VH tournament.

14 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

I like Mujtaba as well, 17-18 year old left arm pacer.

Yeah that is his age on paper.Sorry to disappoint you but his real age is 20.

Still is a good prospect.

Age fudging is a huge problem in J&K.We have already lost Rasikh Salaam for the very same reason.

1 hour ago, Hisham said:

As far as I know during Vijay Hazare trophy Irfan Pathan wasn't happy with Qamran Iqbal.He thought he wasn't giving his 100% and wasn't a team player thus sidelines him since then.Senior players from J&K team asked Qamran to apologize to Irfan but Qamran refused to apologize and said that he had not done anything wrong.

Such a waste of talent!

Wow, getting banned over something as trivial as an apology is terrible. Irfan has retired since then, common sense should prevail here. A prodigy is missing out on crucial years of his development. That's neither good for him nor JK cricket and the fans.

1 hour ago, Hisham said:

Such a waste of talent!

batsman or bowler ??? any clips of him ?

6 hours ago, Hisham said:

Such a waste of talent!

Thats sad to know.

6 hours ago, Hisham said:

Yeah that is his age on paper.Sorry to disappoint you but his real age is 20.

Still is a good prospect.

Age fudging is a huge problem in J&K.We have already lost Rasikh Salaam for the very same reason.

Even Abdul Samad might be 22-23. Its unbelievable for an 18 yr old to hit pacers like that.
Otherwise he would have wreaked havoc in U19 Wc