2nd ODI, West Indies tour of India at Visakhapatnam, Dec 18 2019 01:30 PM IST

tweaker

W

Jadeja to Hetmyer, 2 runs, OUT, outstanding work from Iyer , deserves all the plaudits for converting a boundary into a wicket. What athleticism! Simply wow. Talk about making an impact on the field when the fielding has come in for some sharp criticism. This is cut hard, cut very well. Iyer from point hares back, absolutely sprints and puts in a full-length dive just as the ball is about to cross. The even better part comes next. Iyer quickly tumbles over the ropes and then recovers to come back into the field of play and fire a rocket throw on the bounce to Jadeja who whips the bails off to catch Hetmyer well short of the crease.

SO Hetmyer run out (Iyer/Jadeja) 4 (7b 0x4 0x6) SR: 57.14

23 minutes ago, Cricwala said:

wow, that is what I call going off on a tangent. Who said Kohli was hamming? We know he is an impulsive, expressive fellow. Clapping and smiling when his team-mate is performing is enough to prove Kohli's captaincy credentials around grooming young talent? Is that where we are setting the bar now?

No one is 'hating' on the team by pointing out areas of improvement - for the captain, coach or any player - atleast, that's how I see it. I have immense respect for Kohli the batsman and for his individual work ethic. But if I see issues in his captaincy, will point it out - being one of the boys and celebrating success does not give him carte-blanche on captaincy front. There is a lot more to the captaincy thingy.

Kohli is a bit of both end of spectrum.. at one end he backs youngsters, clapping & laughing like a kid enjoying a show of his fav circus.. that's a benign encouragement for a youngster when he sees his captain gleefully enjoying his performance...

On the other end he sucks up to mediocre players singing praise lusciously & bending down on all his four to old grandpa thala, rayudud, midget jadhav et al... 

I wonder if rayudu, thala, Shankar would hv been playing today with jadhav included.. then in noway this team would hv ended up with 380 in the board.. instead we would hv witnessed same lame theory of gulping dots ball.. taking it deep.. only to end up fluffing.. with godawfull lunges galore...

Remember thala hasn't even retired yet.. no prize guessing wether kohli will role out a red carpet for a thala's lunges encore.. i even see thala making his way back to the indian t20 team for the t20 world cup with kohli justifying how imperative is thala's presence in the field..

Edited by Amit228
1 minute ago, ganeshran said:

Jaddu looks a different bowler when he's giving the ball a bit of air. Hit him for two sixes and he quickly reverts to bowling short of length darts 

Doesn't have a heart to toss the balls up when batsmen line him up...  If u wnt to play jadeja well.. just go berserk on him.. & he will resort to bowling darts only to be carted around more & more..  

That's why he excels in test cricket where batsman or on defensive.. in limited over cricket.. he losses his mojo when batsmen goes after him.

6 minutes ago, Amit228 said:

Doesn't have a heart to toss the balls up when batsmen line him up...  If u wnt to play jadeja well.. just go berserk on him.. & he will resort to bowling darts only to be carted around more & more..  

That's why he excels in test cricket where batsman or on defensive.. in limited over cricket.. he losses his mojo when batsmen goes after him.

that's why its very risky to go with him as fourth bowling option like in first odi. If he gets tonked as fifth bowler, at least the captain has the option to replace him with some part timer

Edited by ganeshran
54 minutes ago, Cricwala said:

wow, that is what I call going off on a tangent. Who said Kohli was hamming? We know he is an impulsive, expressive fellow. Clapping and smiling when his team-mate is performing is enough to prove Kohli's captaincy credentials around grooming young talent? Is that where we are setting the bar now?

No one is 'hating' on the team by pointing out areas of improvement - for the captain, coach or any player - atleast, that's how I see it. I have immense respect for Kohli the batsman and for his individual work ethic. But if I see issues in his captaincy, will point it out - being one of the boys and celebrating success does not give him carte-blanche on captaincy front. There is a lot more to the captaincy thingy.

Now that you put it this way, I actually agree with you.

Indeed, there is a lot more to captaincy.

Edited by Mariyam