Indore !!!

velu

11 minutes ago, randomGuy said:

WB produces best singers, music directors...we can give you that...but best food, street food? Not even close...it's North India all the way....come to think of the music part also, North India is also marvellous here also...infact the whole of India is great when is comes to music...

India is not parts of North india and West Bengal

35 minutes ago, velu said:

music directors and singers from WB :whack3:

Best music directors are from :csk:

n best singers are from :hs:

It's like Singing is in WB soil ...I need not name but it has given too many greats...

North India has energy passion josh in abundance in music just as in life in general.....many local artists can be mentioned here which rest of India won't be aware.

Edited by randomGuy

24 minutes ago, randomGuy said:

It's like Singing is in WB soil ...I need not name but it is given too many greats...

North India has energy passion josh in abundance in music just as in life in general.....many local artists can be mentioned here which rest of India won't be aware.

we call them as ghana artists .. there are plenty , few got chances in movies as well but nobody made a mark in recent years

i think only punjabi music industry is independent ..like how  hindi pop got swallowed by bollywood , these people cant produce big budget albums successfully 

4 minutes ago, velu said:

we call them as ghana artists .. there are plenty , few got chances in movies as well but nobody made a mark in recent years

i think only punjabi music industry is independent ..like how  hindi pop got swallowed by bollywood , these people cant produce big budget albums successfully 

Punjabi of course...some recent haryanvi songs also crossing 400 million views on YouTube ...100 million is probably  in reach of many artists I guess...

I also mean the opened up voice (khuli hui awaz) which is typical of North India which we don't find as readily in RoI but there are very good singers all over India as I said..

For ex. Take Sherry mann(there are quite a few to choose from guru randhawa etc. Etc.)...take any song or take 'hostel Wala kamra' song to sample what I mean by khuli hui awaz...

In my experience, what Kolkata street food are really leagues and leagues ahead of Mumbai or Delhi, is in Chinese street food. We set the standards much higher than rest of India due to the Hakka community in Kolkata.

And to be fair, phuchka is the same everywhere. Mumbai phuchka has more chaat masala in the potato, Kolkata phuchka has more amchur in the water.

but if you want any other type of street food; especially those monstrosities of boiled grated egg deep fried in ghee with crap ton of masalas, topped with a fried egg served on a egg basted bhatura, Delhi and Mumbai are way better 

I am a true blue Mumbai native. Even then I can stick my neck out and say Delhi street food is the best in India.

Mumbai street food = Vada Pav, Fusion Masala dosa varities, Dabeli, Toast/Grilled Sandwiches, Egg Bhurji Stalls. Period.

South has much better road side Masala dosas,  Kutchhi Dabeli is better in Amdavad/Gujarat and Egg Bhurji is WAYY better in Surat.

That leaves Mumbai with Vada Pav and Grilled/Toast sandwich. These 2 Mumbai items are undoubtedly incomparable.

I am not including Pav Bhaji since it is no longer a road side speciality and restaurants like Sardar and Shiv Sagar have the best Pav Bhaji.

Delhi Street Food has WAYYY more variety, wayy more flavor.

15 hours ago, Muloghonto said:

We see your street food and raise waaayyy better rasmalai and Jalebis. :lollypop::eviltongue:

This I can agree on. Bengali sweets are the best that our country has to offer.

Shondesh

Cham Cham

*daylight*

Dharwad peda

Kala jamun

Jalebi

*daylight*

the rest

And playback singers too.

Kumar Sanu>Kishore Kumar>Udit Narayan>Mohd Rafi> Sonu Nigam> rest

15 hours ago, rangeelaraja said:

I am a true blue Mumbai native. Even then I can stick my neck out and say Delhi street food is the best in India.

Mumbai street food = Vada Pav, Fusion Masala dosa varities, Dabeli, Toast/Grilled Sandwiches, Egg Bhurji Stalls. Period.

South has much better road side Masala dosas,  Kutchhi Dabeli is better in Amdavad/Gujarat and Egg Bhurji is WAYY better in Surat.

That leaves Mumbai with Vada Pav and Grilled/Toast sandwich. These 2 Mumbai items are undoubtedly incomparable.

I am not including Pav Bhaji since it is no longer a road side speciality and restaurants like Sardar and Shiv Sagar have the best Pav Bhaji.

Delhi Street Food has WAYYY more variety, wayy more flavor.

Sardar is essentially pav bhaji lite with a lot of butter. No longer the place it used to be.

Swati Snacks & Soam are the new torchbearers for Gujarati fast food. 

And ofcourse there is Shiv Sagar, like you mentioned.

29 minutes ago, Mariyam said:

This I can agree on. Bengali sweets are the best that our country has to offer.

Shondesh

Cham Cham

*daylight*

Dharwad peda

Kala jamun

Jalebi

*daylight*

the rest

And playback singers too.

Kumar Sanu>Kishore Kumar>Udit Narayan>Mohd Rafi> Sonu Nigam> rest

Kumar Sanu number one...rest you are very intelligent, so one wouldn't like tocontest..but Kumar Sanu number 1...glad I have some icf regular who shares this opinion.

9 minutes ago, Stradlater said:

Dilli wipes the floor with your stupid Bengali/Bambaiya trash when it comes to food. 

Let me take the master debater on. Dilly is about chaat, panipuri , kababs and lassis. Show me one dish like kothu parrotta or a Bengalurian Masala Puri. South Indian street food beats all. There are gaadis selling 100 types of dosas. Just like Indo chinese, we take the originals and morph it to something better. Momos in Bangalore is so different and better than what you get elsewhere.

48 minutes ago, coffee_rules said:

You mean Kumar Nasu? Yes, he is #1 nasal singer

Whatever it is bro, if there is anything in music which gives ear-gasms it is Sanu da's voice. 

Him the male and Lata Didi (of black n white era) the female - the greatest ever IMHO.

Edited by randomGuy

52 minutes ago, Norman said:

How did a thread about "Indore spam calls" turn into street food and music ? :giggle:

This is Spam posts' thread.

Btw MP, of which Indore is a part gave us acharya rajneesh....so there has to be something special in the soil of MP...us mitti ko Naman jisne acharya rajneesh ko janma.

Edited by randomGuy

1 hour ago, Norman said:

How did a thread about "Indore spam calls" turn into street food and music ? :giggle:

The time when Mariyam, Gollum, Muloghonto, and Velu enter together in one thread, the thread will no longer will be relevant and will go all over the place. God knows how many threads these people have derailed at ICF :phehe: