Match Thread : India vs Aus 1st ODI, Wankhade on 14th jan 2020

Only things that matter in this series 

1. will Rahul get all 3 games as an opener?
2. Will Iyer/Dube get to bat at 3/4

3. Will KulCha be back playing together?
4. Will Saini play all 3 games?

Essentially Rahul, Pant, Iyer, Dube, Kuldeep, Chahal, Saini have to play every match. Rohit/Dhawan/Kohli/Kedar can rotate as should Bumrah and Shami

But knowing the TM, they will pick

Rohit, Dhawan, Kohli, Rahul, Iyer, Pant, Jadeja, Shardul, Kuldeep, Shami, Bumrah

Edited by ShoonyaSifar

The problem with Virat is that he speaks one thing in press conferences & does the exact opposite in team selection & taking decisions on batting order.

KL Rahul is in good form & growing in confidence but due to Kohli's stubbornness on playing Dhawan the entire batting order will be affected. Had it been the opposite, Rahul would've been warming the bench. Granted Dhawan is a much better ODI batter in comparison to the t20s someone needs to take a serious look on Dhawan as well as Jadhav, who are weak links of our batting lineup. 

26 minutes ago, Norman said:

If Iyer doesn't bat at 4 and Jadhav is in the xi, then I'm going to root for the Aussies. B->

+1. If they are dropping one of Rahul, Iyer or Pant to accommodate Jadhav, Dhawan, Jadeja then I will prefer a 3-0 for Australia. It's only when they lose, hard questions will be asked against this madness. 

4 minutes ago, RajBan said:

+1. If they are dropping one of Rahul, Iyer or Pant to accommodate Jadhav, Dhawan, Jadeja then I will prefer a 3-0 for Australia. It's only when they lose, hard questions will be asked against this madness. 

You are very optimistic to think we will change after a series loss.