Why does Manish Pandey keep getting selected?

SecondSlip

2 minutes ago, jusarrived said:

Pandey is far superior against pace , but he’s very good against spin too . So I would put him a notch above Iyer which makes him a good fringe player to have .Like I said I don’t want either of them in T20s and for ODI till we find better options , pandey should be used as stop gap . 

dont think he is that good against spin specially in subcontinent which is why he has struggled at 4 when he came to subcontinent , even in IPL his runs for SRH came at 3...before that he was struggling at 4,5. HE has improved but still dont think he is that good against spin on slow pitches ,spin wont trouble him much overseas but in subcontinent might be tough. 

But lets see both have some issues now it depends who comes over n perform coz everyone has some issues its how they score despite their weakness

When it made no sense they played Pandey out of position at 6, when the guy was getting into some sort of rhythm they drop him for Jadhav of all people.

This kind of madness and confusion is what is keeping us from winning any icc trophy when arguably our talent pool is the best we have ever had.

this guy dropped after one failure in this series. Selectors pick him again as he didnt get decent chances. He will play couple of 10 n.o , 25n.o in chases when the win is inevitable and continue to get selected till he retires. In between likes of Bhogle will call him amongst the best fielders to keep up the positivity.