Match Thread- IND vs NZ 1st test Feb 21-25 2020, Wellington

The template will take some time to set, we have to ensure that the likes of Shaw, Mayank, Shubhman earn their stripes..I do agree that this is an investment for the future, considering the fact that not too many Indian openers have the set the grounds on fire in SENA countries barring a Sehwag and few others here n there.

What is worrying is that the runs are not coming from the likes of Pujara, Kohli and Rahanes and couple that with the form of Bumrah and Shami we know  exactly why India is where they are at the moment in this Test.
Nothing significant is going to change for the second one as well, as we dont know where the runs are going to come from? (India might stretch them a lil if they bat first though.)
Lets hope that the take back from the series is not lost..Shaw is playing and i hope Shubhman gets a look-in as well.
Saini needs to get a game, i hope he does along with Jadeja in the second one.

13 hours ago, rollingstoned said:

Top much wrist slitting. Very tough crowd here. We need to learn from the green bros a bit on how to chest thump and get behind the team. 

ICF has some fans who will whine and complain during the game for any reverses, they will swiftly jump into bandwagon and celebrate if there is a win as well. Typical Indian fans i guess, often do not have patience to see a proper test game so it is the norm, more suitable for T20 and ODI match viewership.

5 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

what did they say ?

The reluctance of Pujara to score and his lack of intent resulted in patting down even half volleys (the pitch map correlation was impressive). That lack of intent kept his weight backwards and made him try to leave the ball more than try to put it away, eventually resulting in his dismissal via poor leave. 

3 minutes ago, Stutter said:

The reluctance of Pujara to score and his lack of intent resulted in patting down even half volleys (the pitch map correlation was impressive). That lack of intent kept his weight backwards and made him try to leave the ball more than try to put it away, eventually resulting in his dismissal via poor leave

Makes sense. Was checking the pace at which dravid use to bat in nz his s/r was around 43 and pujara is around 23