Which of these TWO different solutions will allow us to achieve hindu-muslim UNITY in the subcontinent?

Manny_Pacquiao

solutions  

9 members have voted

1. 1. which solution is better for creating unity between hindus and muslims?

• reforming islam
    • reforming muslims

8 hours ago, Mariyam said:

In the history of independent India, is there a group which was granted reservations and then had them removed?

Its a political harakiri. Does not happen at all. 

that's what i meant. but what else is there when it comes to politics based on socioeconomic status? i can't think of anything else. certain classes could voluntarily give up their reservation...but that's not a political issue, more of an individual relationship between state and community leaders.

8 hours ago, Mariyam said:

@Manny_Pacquiao

Have to disagree here. Religion does not play a big role in India re: opportunities at education or upward social mobility. Infact that is a good reason we have *some* cohesiveness as a society today. Everybody knows that due hard work will be rewarded and everybody, irrespective of religious background believes that they have a fair chance of bettering their state of affairs.

The differential treatment is in terms of justice dispensation. Over here poor people and Muslims (especially the poor ones) have a much lower shot at justice than their Hindu compatriots. This is all the more evident when you look at the various riot cases since Independence.

Just to better explain my point, I saw a thread here that spoke about Sharad Pawar lying about an extra bomb blast in 93. This was a finding from the Shrikrishna Commission. That lie killed 0 people. The same commission also indicted many Shiv Sena politicians and policemen during the riots. That would never be discussed here. Because the mindset is that those people ( Muslims who suffer in the riots) deserve it and had it coming. 

Many of those police men were promoted. When the leader of the Shiv Sena passed away, he was draped in the tricolour and got a 21 gun salute! 

Dispensing justice equitably goes a long way to maintaining unity.

I agree when you say religion doesn't affect day to day life between people of somewhat similar socio-economic status.

if you and i worked in the same office, i wouldn't give a **** about your religion. frankly, i never bothered about the religion or caste of someone i was talking to or working with. it doesnt cross my mind.

but that doesn't mean religion is not a factor in determining access to education, employment or housing. there is discrimination against muslims at all levels. this discrimination is actually encouraged by secular governments, who saw muslims as backward and a 'nation within a nation'. they never attempted to bring muslims into the mainstream because they liked having a reliable vote bloc.

This discrimination, and socially engineered isolation, is something that political islam has to address. to this end, i would be happy to see muslims speaking in favor of muslim-specific interests. amazingly, nobody ever talks about the low number of muslims in parliament. nobody ever discusses the inability of muslims to speak solely for themselves.  it's expected by both sides of the political spectrum - that muslims will be lumped in with another class of people (who they don't share anything in common with) and be given hand-outs. muslim issues are always seen in relation to hindu issues.

this should not be happening. an AIMIM is the future of the muslim community, not the AAP or the congress.

why don't we have more political factions within the muslim community?

Edited by Manny_Pacquiao

On 3/13/2020 at 12:18 PM, maniac said:

To reform Islam is in the hands of the clerics who control it

On 3/13/2020 at 11:43 AM, Manny_Pacquiao said:

1. reform islam.

remove autonomy of islamic institutions and centres. remove personal laws. remove religious schools. mostly importantly, bring teachings of islam under government directive: in other words: no extremist interpretations. teachings that emphasize islamic overlap with dharmic principles. effectively, 're-written' quran.  the assumption is that a reformed islam creates reformed muslims that are capable of UNITING with the majority population.

It seems like the government has chosen solution 1, and has taken the very first step...which is officially banning any islamic preaching or proselyting by foreign clerics:

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/india/govt-bans-issuing-tourist-visa-to-foreign-tablighi-activists/articleshow/74918040.cms

Of course, they did this with christian missionaries, and those guys are still entering india by falsifying information (posing as tourists).

Government should work towards implementing solution 2.

Laws don't mean anything if there isn't any FEAR being created on the ground. There needs to be stronger anti-muslim and anti-christian sentiment within the population.

Edited by Manny_Pacquiao

5 minutes ago, Ranvir said:

When muslims asked for their own seperate homeland the Hindus should have simply asked all Indian muslims to leave. This is what happened between Greece and Turkey.

This situation will arise again in 20-25 years.

5 hours ago, sergio04 said:

This situation will arise again in 20-25 years.

5 hours ago, Ranvir said:

When muslims asked for their own seperate homeland the Hindus should have simply asked all Indian muslims to leave. This is what happened between Greece and Turkey.

Why so pessimistic. Are Muslims beyond help?

With 200 million of them, its too late for any kind of population exchange.

5 hours ago, Manny_Pacquiao said:

Why so pessimistic. Are Muslims beyond help?

With 200 million of them, its too late for any kind of population exchange.

Yes, that's why I'm saying a big opportunity was lost. Just like some people make very serious mistakes that impact them for the rest of their lives, India also made a catastrophic mistake that it cannot recover from. It will just have to deal with the symptoms and control things. There is no cure now.

6 hours ago, Zero_Unit said:

Both parties should throw their respective religion down the gutter. PROBLEM F'ING SOLVED!

Why should Hindus have to do that when muslims have their homelands of Pakistan and Bangladesh? If you said muslims should abandon their religion then that is more understandable.

Instead of what are the solutions, it should be where are the problems? There is a tremendous amount of Middle East money, influence, education towards Indian Muslims. Thus our Muslims effectively ruled/ sponsored, by the Middle East. In a corporate language, the headquarters is in Middle East and its branches operates in India.

So, we ought to stop, or tackle at this top level and break the flow. That's the only way as our Muslims themselves aren't truly independent nor influential among themselves and are rather dictated by foreign nexus.

5 hours ago, Ranvir said:

Why should Hindus have to do that when muslims have their homelands of Pakistan and Bangladesh? If you said muslims should abandon their religion then that is more understandable.

So by your logic, all people except christians in USA/CANADA/UK/ETC should throw their respective religion out the window and become Christians? Good call ... 

On 4/9/2020 at 4:54 PM, Zero_Unit said:

So by your logic, all people except christians in USA/CANADA/UK/ETC should throw their respective religion out the window and become Christians? Good call ... 

Not at all. First of all the likes of Hindus, Sikhs, Buddhists, Jews do not cause major problems in Christian majority countries. They do not start riots.

Second of all they did not split up a country to get a specific homeland for themselves (using violent methods) and then stay behind and still cause the majority community a headache. They are only in India in such large numbers due to weak attitudes (like yours) shown in 1947. You are still cow tailing to them.

Believe me no muslim in a muslim majority nation would be saying what you are.

8 hours ago, Ranvir said:

Not at all. First of all the likes of Hindus, Sikhs, Buddhists, Jews do not cause major problems in Christian majority countries. They do not start riots.

Second of all they did not split up a country to get a specific homeland for themselves (using violent methods) and then stay behind and still cause the majority community a headache. They are only in India in such large numbers due to weak attitudes (like yours) shown in 1947. You are still cow tailing to them.

Believe me no muslim in a muslim majority nation would be saying what you are.

First of all, I don't live in INDIA nor do I like any religion. I think your religion is equally looney as the muslims or the christians or the juju monster . So where do you come up with weak attitude like mine is beyond me. Weak is you, not me who holds on to garbage mentality. You make it sound like am defending the muslim religion here. You can't have it your way. You either get rid of all religion or suck it up and do a hitler type of genocide. Is that what you want? :no:There is no other way to get rid of muslims from the homeland or any land as a matter of fact. A person's religion does not define their country ... what a ridicilous statement.

P.S just out of curiosity, how do you think those Christian Majority countries became christian? Do you know or just sh*t on a particular religion all day or oh hatred? These people did worst sh*t than the muslims have done recently ...

Edited by Zero_Unit

On 4/9/2020 at 11:54 AM, Zero_Unit said:

Both parties should throw their respective religion down the gutter. PROBLEM F'ING SOLVED!

you are like the bad teacher who takes away the toys of all kids, when a bad kid steals the toy of a good kid and breaks it. A good teacher teaches the bad kid to behave and let the good kid and all kids play with mutual respect.

Edited by coffee_rules

On 4/12/2020 at 6:09 PM, Zero_Unit said:

You either get rid of all religion or suck it up and do a hitler type of genocide.

LOL, getting rid of all religion pretty much requires a 'hitler type of genocide'.

Reforming islam is the only solution. The sooner we accept it, the better.