"20 intubations, but no patient who took Hydroxychloroquine-Azithromycin combo got intubated"

randomGuy

^ Well, those docs are one of biggest among biggest assets of Indian medical community. 
Studies data and other stuff is load of bullcrap. Let me tell you real problem which again came from someone I know personally.

As per her, Docs do nOt know with certainty what path Virus is following once it has attacked the body. As a result, docs cant react. As soon as they know it, they will be able to support recovery at a Higher percentage even with current set of drugs. Since there is no specific study available, best guess is being made by best docs. And yes! it does matters who is best doc to understand/guesstimate the behaviour. ICMR , Chinese medical association , Singapore and South Koreans are best placed here. I do not trust West here as top of West seems completely sold/driven by vested interests.

Edited by mishra

5 hours ago, Param Mastishk Pheeka said:

But we don't know that it works for CoViD-19.  That's why we must rely on double-blind randomized clinical trials and detailed clinical trials before announcing it as a cure.  At this time it is only a *potential* cure.

1. At this point it is probably unethical that we don't give it to the large control group of the clinical trial, given the seriousness of the disease.

2. We may miss some critical time till the study is complete.

3. Agreed, only a *potential* cure.

4. Stockpile should be kept for the doctors who may still prescribe it to covid19 patients and as a prophylaxis.

5.Some people calling it a snake oil which I don't agree with. Are they politically motivated - I don't know.

Let’s be honest. This crap will go on till a vaccine isn’t developed. Even countries that have “flattened” the curve cannot go back to usual way of life due to fear of new spikes sending everything out of control again. 

just learn mandarin in the meantime. I am. There are enough Chinese bots on social media that need to be given MCBC in their own language.

1 hour ago, randomGuy said:

30 heads of States request Modi for export

French are using Chloroquinn. I guess they must have sourced from one location only. They have dead vs infected 1:12 ratio vs Spains 1:10 , UKs 1:10 and Italys 1:8.

9 hours ago, Vilander said:

So it should be taken after contracting the virus and getting seriously ill with extreme immune response related issues. Not before as a prevention. 

9 hours ago, Vilander said:

Why ?

doctor friends suggested for safety :giggle:

can be taken before contacting  the virus , as per them corono effects will be milder if we have taken HCQ earlier 

Dr. Anthony Cardillo said he has seen very promising results when prescribing hydroxychloroquine in combination with zinc for the most severely-ill COVID-19 patients.

"Every patient I've prescribed it to has been very, very ill and within 8 to 12 hours, they were basically symptom-free," Cardillo told Eyewitness News. "So clinically I am seeing a resolution."

Is not prescribing to patients who are not seriously ill, yet all those (seriously ill) are recovering with hcq
Edited by randomGuy

55 minutes ago, velu said:

doctor friends suggested for safety :giggle:

can be taken before contacting  the virus , as per them corono effects will be milder if we have taken HCQ earlier 

Bhai, here people think that everyone who claims to have spoken to docs in personnel capacity are trying to score brownie point because some dude on internet has argued with a logic and using big technical/medical jargons and he must be right.

No, sometime people may be simply trying to help fellow icfers by sharing the info. Take it or leave it.

Medical science is vast. You dont need to thesis and win court battle, before you accept the advise of someone who helps people do thesis. in medical science

Edited by mishra

8 minutes ago, mishra said:

Bhai, here people think that everyone who claims to have spoken to docs in personnel capacity are trying to score brownie point because some dude on internet has argued with a logic and using big technical/medical jargons and he must be right.

No, sometime people may be simply trying to help fellow icfers by sharing the info. Take it or leave it.

Medical science is vast. You dont need to thesis and win court battle, before you accept the advise of someone who helps people do thesis. in medical science

Health ministry sent a circular as well ..

https://www.mohfw.gov.in/pdf/AdvisoryontheuseofHydroxychloroquinasprophylaxisforSARSCoV2infection.pdf

still virologists are not 100% sure how quinine cures malaria 

2 hours ago, Jimmy Cliff said:

We all know what the findings of this "study" will be, right? Gates' role in all of this is shady as hell.

Pharma firms failed to convince that their drug can do better than Chloroquinn. Now its all about vaccine

38 minutes ago, Param Mastishk Pheeka said:

What's in it for Bill Gates, I wonder?  Dude has accomplished more than anyone ever has and perhaps ever will.  

Dude has used poor Indian population as Guinea pigs for his vaccine trials. His vaccine company was banned by Indian govt.

1 hour ago, Param Mastishk Pheeka said:

What's in it for Bill Gates, I wonder?  Dude has accomplished more than anyone ever has and perhaps ever will.  

Ambitions never die 

https://m.economictimes.com/industry/healthcare/biotech/healthcare/controversial-vaccine-studies-why-is-bill-melinda-gates-foundation-under-fire-from-critics-in-india/articleshow/41280050.cms

Edited by rkt.india