Escalation at India-China border

Clarke

17 minutes ago, raki05 said:

BC , chal kya raha hai....koi bol rha hai territory kabja kar liya hai, koi bol raha hai lac area occupy kiya hai, cong bol rahi hai 3500 km boundary occupy kar liya hai, modi bol raha hai kuch nahi hua hai.  Abey, kabja kiya hai ya nahi kiya hai koi bateyga ?????

There is LAC. There is disputed zone between LAC  Its like you and me are neigbours, we have boundry wall and then there is a strip of land between your house and my house. So we both were allowed to use it as path but we both object when one build a structure there or parks his car.

Thats my understanding

Edited by mishra

2 minutes ago, mishra said:

There is LAC. There is disputed zone between LAC  Its like you and me are neigbours, we have boundry wall and then there is a strip of land between your house and my house. So we both were allowed to use it as path but we both object when one build a structure there or parks his car.

Thats my understanding

Thank you sir!!.....but there are people endlessly blaberring that China has occupied our territory . Even cong and most of the opposition are talking the same thing. If they have occupied some post in LAC boundary which was in hibernation zone than we can say it's illegal occupation to disputed territory but that was not Indian territory at first place may be some post ,which hopefully in winter we can take it back.

15 minutes ago, raki05 said:

Thank you sir!!.....but there are people endlessly blaberring that China has occupied our territory . Even cong and most of the opposition are talking the same thing. If they have occupied some post in LAC boundary which was in hibernation zone than we can say it's illegal occupation to disputed territory but that was not Indian territory at first place may be some post ,which hopefully in winter we can take it back.

Issue is, access to disputed territory if structure is built by Chinese in that area.i don’t mind Rahul ji making such noises as it helps negotiation

Edited by mishra

Looks like China wishes nothing but a limited war to protect its Karakoram pass.  India should categorically let them know that limited war is not a option ie we are prepared to open battle front with Pakistan Gilgit Baltistan area. Let them know that we will fire first in Gilgit area and cut off CPEC. Atleast increase Heavy military buildup towards CPEC zone to send the message.

I am certain Chinese want to protect CPEC and nothing else. On day 1 itself, bomb that stretch.

Edited by mishra

21 hours ago, coffee_rules said:

No bhai or Bollywood placartists have commented anything else chinese aggression and jawan martyrs . We call them heroes. Shame on them.

Do you know ho much money Amir has made in the Chinese market?  Its literally tens of millions of dollars.  Why would the Indian movie industry jeopardize a hugely profitable market, over a border skirmish where the border itself is undefined.  

Its easy to criticize these people, and I get that, but let's use a bit of logic. If it came to us, we'd be adopting the same approach.  

6 minutes ago, sandeep said:

Do you know ho much money Amir has made in the Chinese market?  Its literally tens of millions of dollars.  Why would the Indian movie industry jeopardize a hugely profitable market, over a border skirmish where the border itself is undefined.  

Its easy to criticize these people, and I get that, but let's use a bit of logic. If it came to us, we'd be adopting the same approach.  

The problem is hypocrisy. They seem to have an opinion on everything under the sun except for an actual border dispute and martyrdom of the soldiers of their own country.

3 minutes ago, maniac said:

The problem is hypocrisy. They seem to have an opinion on everything under the sun except for an actual border dispute and martyrdom of the soldiers of their own country.

As public figures, they are open to criticism on everything under the sun, including hypocrisy.  Fire away.  I have no sympathy for the plastic brats. 

I was just making a point about economic incentives and how they apply to most folks.

Edited by sandeep

50 minutes ago, sandeep said:

I know how much they allegedly make from China, who know how much is laundered there from black to white to show legit collections. But , I am pointing to the hypocrisy, when they make such insensitive public videos when the public sentiment was against China for spreading the virus and now for border incursions. They don't say nothing about our jawans, but come out with placards and intolerance remarks when it is time to shame Indians and Hindus. I was lamenting on the fact these people are called heroes and are venerated by youthiyas of India.

https://indianexpress.com/article/india/chinese-building-helipad-in-pangong-tso-massing-troops-on-southern-bank-of-lake-6478087/

Chinese consolidating hold on Finger4, now with a helipad.  

Indian army was sleeping while the Chinese grabbed Finger 4 and built up an immovable position. 

For all intents and purposes, now Indian border for Pangong Tso, ends there now.  

Question is, where else have the Chinese done this?  Or in the process of doing it? Are they being stopped? Can they be stopped without a full-blown shooting conflict?  Or another Galwan-esque bloody brawl? 

Chinese clearly recognized Indian efforts at building roads as a game-changer - 2-3 years down the road, they would not be able to pull off what they are doing now.  Indian logistics and border presence would have been beefed up even more.  

For better or worse, its not the worst thing if the PLA action finally starts converting the LAC from this undefined wide amorphous zone, into a harder, more solidified line of actual control.  

Would have been good if Indian army hadn't been as incompetent and not allowed the Chinese to grab Finger 4 though.  

10 hours ago, sandeep said:

You are justifying this behavior. Let me guess it just shows indians INSECURITY. ? Lol 

very good to see we have preemptively deployed the T90 Ms tank at the border. It very well suited to mountain warfare. Has a range of accuracy upto 6km. I dont think we will be outgunned. Just the right balance of being nimble and protected. One of the few defence products the Russians have got spot on.

I remember having an argument with somebody who was very pro Arjun mbt. It was too fat to be deployed on 70% of India's borders. The Runn of Katch and plains maybe (even there it had an issue with being bogged down). As with Tejas the Indian army had way too many demands. The extra additions meant more weight and the core tank design being lost. Should have just used the T72 as a base and tried to make incremental modifications.

2 hours ago, G_B_ said:

very good to see we have preemptively deployed the T90 Ms tank at the border

We're deploying tanks ? :shock:

I thought both sides agreed to de-escalate. 

Edited by Norman

11 hours ago, Vilander said:

You are justifying this behavior. Let me guess it just shows indians INSECURITY. ? Lol 

Read the next post I made, it may help clarify my point.  Then again, you seem to have your mind made up about what I'm saying and why. So stick to that then, facts be damned.

17 hours ago, sandeep said:

https://indianexpress.com/article/india/chinese-building-helipad-in-pangong-tso-massing-troops-on-southern-bank-of-lake-6478087/

Chinese consolidating hold on Finger4, now with a helipad.  

Indian army was sleeping while the Chinese grabbed Finger 4 and built up an immovable position. 

For all intents and purposes, now Indian border for Pangong Tso, ends there now.  

Question is, where else have the Chinese done this?  Or in the process of doing it? Are they being stopped? Can they be stopped without a full-blown shooting conflict?  Or another Galwan-esque bloody brawl? 

Chinese clearly recognized Indian efforts at building roads as a game-changer - 2-3 years down the road, they would not be able to pull off what they are doing now.  Indian logistics and border presence would have been beefed up even more.  

For better or worse, its not the worst thing if the PLA action finally starts converting the LAC from this undefined wide amorphous zone, into a harder, more solidified line of actual control.  

Would have been good if Indian army hadn't been as incompetent and not allowed the Chinese to grab Finger 4 though.  

Thanks for sharing ....also From the article

"India’s main base is close to Finger 3, around two kilometres west of the current Chinese deployment. The Indian side also has an administrative base closer to Finger 4, at the start of the sharp rocky feature. It is around this area that the Army has now deployed itself in response to the sudden Chinese deployment in the area. Less than 500 metres separate soldiers of both sides at this faceoff point."

it is very cold area all through the year and the lake gets frozen..so I am thinking this issue could go on 2 more months max.

Edited by randomGuy