Turkish Drama Ertughrul, and it's political influence upon the Pakistanis

Alam_dar

On 2/20/2021 at 3:29 AM, Gollum said:

but Pakistanis have dubbed in Urdu and added a lot of tadka and religious fervor even when not required thereby twisting the meaning of the original dialogues....portraying infidels in even poorer light, too much emphasis on jihad/kafir etc. Pakistanis obviously have an agenda, pity that Indian viewers too are exposed to their tricks and designs. 

There's plenty of tadka and religious fervor in English subtitles on the original already even if greenbros haven't 'spiced it up'.  

Its an overtly nationalistic religious soap opera.  Its funny how Pakistanis are ready to adopt and worship any non-Pakistani figures of power, real or imagined, as long as they are 'muslim'.  Real Ertugrul apparently may not even be muslim apparently, so there's that!

2 minutes ago, sandeep said:

There's plenty of tadka and religious fervor in English subtitles on the original already even if greenbros haven't 'spiced it up'.  

Its an overtly nationalistic religious soap opera.  Its funny how Pakistanis are ready to adopt and worship any non-Pakistani figures of power, real or imagined, as long as they are 'muslim'.  Real Ertugrul apparently may not even be muslim apparently, so there's that!

He was a Pagan and the area he conquered in his life was a tiny stretch of land and not an empire.

3 minutes ago, PunterLog said:

He was a Pagan and the area he conquered in his life was a tiny stretch of land and not an empire.

His son founded the ottoman empire IIRC, I mean its a soap opera "based on history", so its fiction.  I watched a few episodes due to curiosity - on background while doing other tasks - and found it fascinating/disappointing that even the Turks - so called modern muslims lap up this kind of absolute garbage.  

4 minutes ago, sandeep said:

His son founded the ottoman empire IIRC, I mean its a soap opera "based on history", so its fiction.  I watched a few episodes due to curiosity - on background while doing other tasks - and found it fascinating/disappointing that even the Turks - so called modern muslims lap up this kind of absolute garbage.  

The Turks I've come across are 50-50 on this. It seems Turkey is currently split between Islamists and Secular Muslims.

Pakistanis on the other hand have gone off the rails.

Also, the series is pretty bad. I simply couldn't watch more than 2 episodes.

6 hours ago, sandeep said:

that even the Turks - so called modern muslims lap up this kind of absolute garbage.  

Have you ever been to Germany for any length of time, when you live there for some time you realise turks are what Pakistanis are to England. Nothing much otherwise. 

On 2/22/2021 at 1:53 AM, Vilander said:

Have you ever been to Germany for any length of time, when you live there for some time you realise turks are what Pakistanis are to England. Nothing much otherwise. 

If Germans look down on Turks who are 50% Europeans, imagine the plight of dark skinned people from the subcontinent.

Edited by MechEng

3 hours ago, MechEng said:

Tunisia, Algeria and Libya.

I don't know what you are trying to say but the original statement by @Vilander was that the integration of Turks and level of criminal activity for that community in Germany is essentially what the Pakistani community is in the UK- high crime and unemployment rate compared to other communities. In the same light i used France as an example where similar behaviour is demonstrated by north arabs and african immigrants ( former french colony countries)  when it comes to drug/crime rackets. I mean we can all guess the common factor in all these communities. It doesn't take a genius to work it out.

And Germans only 'look down' on Turks because of the first point in my first paragraph. If you are involved in crime and segregation of communities then you will be viewed the same in Germany, England or France by the indigenous population. Maybe they should take a leaf out of Indians/Hindu immigrants in these countries who are well educated/segregated and stay away from crime. hence they have more respect of the white population.

4 hours ago, MechEng said:

If Germans look down on Turks who are 50% Europeans, imagine the plight of dark skinned people from the subcontinent.

actually germans dont look down on Indians,  Germany is an egalitarian society as far i saw, even the far right. lol if there would be a far right rally there would be a left rally both shouting over each other patiently on either side of the quadrangle. They dislike ghetto /crime mix that folks from you know where often do. 

1 hour ago, LordPrabhzy said:

I don't know what you are trying to say but the original statement by @Vilander was that the integration of Turks and level of criminal activity for that community in Germany is essentially what the Pakistani community is in the UK- high crime and unemployment rate compared to other communities. In the same light i used France as an example where similar behaviour is demonstrated by north arabs and african immigrants ( former french colony countries)  when it comes to drug/crime rackets. I mean we can all guess the common factor in all these communities. It doesn't take a genius to work it out.

And Germans only 'look down' on Turks because of the first point in my first paragraph. If you are involved in crime and segregation of communities then you will be viewed the same in Germany, England or France by the indigenous population. Maybe they should take a leaf out of Indians/Hindu immigrants in these countries who are well educated/segregated and stay away from crime. hence they have more respect of the white population.

Ok, I've heard from my undergrad college batchmates about Indians in Germany getting discriminated openly by not being allowed in the pubs (unless a local German is in the group with you) and not given homes to lease, mostly Indian students suffer here. But as you and @Vilander stated here, Indians do not always have negative stereotypes from what I heard.

Contrastingly in the United States most Turkish people I've met are into aerospace engineering and physics, bit like Russians who are very good in mathematics.

Edited by MechEng

3 hours ago, MechEng said:

Ok, I've heard from my undergrad college batchmates about Indians in Germany getting discriminated openly by not being allowed in the pubs (unless a local German is in the group with you) and not given homes to lease, mostly Indian students suffer here. But as you and @Vilander stated here, Indians do not always have negative stereotypes from what I heard.

Contrastingly in the United States most Turkish people I've met are into aerospace engineering and physics, bit like Russians who are very good in mathematics.

Dont worry that happens in many big cities in the UK too. Club bouncers to do not let large group of Asian men into bars without women. This is not because they dont like brown men, muslim men in particular have a habit of harassing girls in clubs and starting fights. Thats why there is this perception and Indian guys lumped in there too. I myself have been not allowed to come into clubs unless i'm in a mixed group with a good number of girls. In terms of leasing, these might be isolated incidents which you need to expect in 'white countries' but overall there is no doubt that Indians generally command a higher amount of respect and admiration, esp hindus when it comes to western white dominated countries. If anyone tries to disagree they need to get their heads checked.

7 hours ago, MechEng said:

Ok, I've heard from my undergrad college batchmates about Indians in Germany getting discriminated openly by not being allowed in the pubs (unless a local German is in the group with you) and not given homes to lease, mostly Indian students suffer here.

there are some stories like this, it also depends where students are located. Some of the costal harbor cities states like hamburg are more liberal, palatinate baden wuttemberg are more liberal there are rural pockets in Bavaria saxony thuringia and the erstwhile east german states are more conservative. It will be difficult to get rental agreement when you are Indian person, many houses outright reject as they simply dont speak English and don't want outsiders. When ever we went out hiking my German friends used to huddle me when we passed around rural homes with garden gnomes, now may be they were over reacting but they were much cooler driving me around in the middle of far right rallies in the cities. I felt far safer pub crawling in Helsinki ,but never felt physically threatened in pubs or music festivals etc in DE but i am quite a big guy and had white locals around me almost always and did not live in Indian immigrant localities so not sure my experience is standard. 

4 hours ago, LordPrabhzy said:

Dont worry that happens in many big cities in the UK too. Club bouncers to do not let large group of Asian men into bars without women. This is not because they dont like brown men, muslim men in particular have a habit of harassing girls in clubs and starting fights.

true story, after heavy booze and shots at home we went crawling around town -- we reach a nice pub and there was a lineup i was getting some real good reasons to head home not gonna talk about it, but the rest of guys needed to get in to the pub - i walk up to the bouncer candy in hand and tell him that some of my friends might look young but are really old enough to get in by themselves no real need to ask for passports he chuckles - i leave. I get a call 4 hrs later from one of the guys , earlier one of them went up near a pole dancer and asked her if he could * her !! seriously.. so the lot of them got thrown out and one of them had too much to drink and could be heard shouting out on the streets. I asked the lad who called to trace back via google maps and reach the service apartments where we were put up.