Dravida bug spreading in Bengaluru

coffee_rules

6 hours ago, BacktoCricaddict said:

There may be other places that serve idlis of that quality, but uddin-vade?  No one even comes close.  Nowhere in the world.  Maybe they put ganja or cocaine in it, but hotdamn ...  

Uzundhu vadai with sambhar is near perfect comfort food. 

6 hours ago, BacktoCricaddict said:

There may be other places that serve idlis of that quality, but uddin-vade?  No one even comes close.  Nowhere in the world.  Maybe they put ganja or cocaine in it, but hotdamn ...  

Cant afford to travel too far.. have to do with Veena stores in Malleswaram  or Janardhana Dosa

13 hours ago, velu said:

not a big fan of idly/dosais :giggle:

poor narthies love them because they get extra sambar to slurp which we use to throw away :p: 

Northies opening Chhole bhature shop in south and southies opening authentic idly/dosa/vada shop in north... that's a sure shot success....one restaurant in our area serves south indian food made by TN folks, always full of customers, delicious food... likewise when I was in Hyderabad, there was a chhole bhature restaurant run by Northies, sooo much rush over there...

Best business opportunity that people should explore...demand is there.

Edited by randomGuy

1 hour ago, Gollum said:

Overrated Idly. I like their Puliyogare and Bisi Bele Bath. 

To each his own..

As a family, Our once a year routine included Veena stores followed by a morning, walk in sankey tank park, and later CTR or Krishna Bhavan or Janardhana Dosa at around 10:00 and then back again in the evening for a quick snack :D  

19 minutes ago, randomGuy said:

Northies opening Chhole bhature shop in shop and southies opening authentic idly/dosa/vada shop in South... that's a sure shot success....one restaurant in our area serves south indian food made by TN folks, always full of customers, delicious food... likewise when I was in Hyderabad, there was a chhole bhature restaurant run by Northies, sooo much rush over there...

Best business opportunity that people should explore...demand is there.

My favorite, yummy. Was difficult to get Chhole Bhature in Hyderabad at least near the area where I lived, one shop near Secunderabad station but it was mediocre and expensive. Hell they were more freely available in Chennai, in chains like A2B and Vasanta Bhavan. Not that great in Bengaluru/Kolkata/Goa either but there are many shops. 

The best CB I had was in Bhopal, a tiny stall run by a Sikh family. Heard that it is the best in Delhi, always wanted to do a culinary tour in Delhi. One of my best friends from Delhi brags about Sita Ram Diwan Chand's Chhole Bhature, you been there? 

Edited by Gollum

13 minutes ago, diga said:

To each his own..

Agree

13 minutes ago, diga said:

As a family, Our once a year routine included Veena stores followed by a morning, walk in sankey tank park, and later CTR or Krishna Bhavan or Janardhana Dosa at around 10:00 and then back again in the evening for a quick snack :D  

You mean Janatha? Or is Janardhana separate? Where is it?

Been to other places many times, CTR's Benne Masala Dosa, Krishna Bhavan's Green Masala Idly :eating:

8 minutes ago, Gollum said:

Agree

You mean Janatha? Or is Janardhana separate? Where is it?

Been to other places many times, CTR's Benne Masala Dosa, Krishna Bhavan's Green Masala Idly :eating:

Janardhana is on race course road (signal near Shivananda stores circle)... Try the Sagu Dosa 

21 minutes ago, Gollum said:

My favorite, yummy. Was difficult to get Chhole Bhature in Hyderabad at least near the area where I lived, one shop near Secunderabad station but it was mediocre and expensive. Hell they were more freely available in Chennai, in chains like A2B and Vasanta Bhavan. Not that great in Bengaluru/Kolkata/Goa either but there are many shops. 

The best CB I had was in Bhopal, a tiny stall run by a Sikh family. Heard that it is the best in Delhi, always wanted to do a culinary tour in Delhi. One of my best friends from Delhi brags about Sita Ram Diwan Chand's Chhole Bhature, you been there? 

Not yet but noted it down... chhole bhature is omnipresent when it comes to Delhi/Punjab.

Just now, jusarrived said:

Then you havent tasted neer dosa and mlore chicken sukka ;)

This is my order 

Neer Dosa + Chicken sukka / ghee roast /  Pulimunchi - Mangalore 

Pandi curry + Akii roti - Coorg 

Ragi balls + mutton curry - Mandya/mysore 

Jowar rotti , North Karnataka style 

Vaangi Bath - Bangalore 

1 hour ago, jusarrived said:

Technically its not even my mother tongue  .

Even if it was care little for these idiots . I know 2 guys in my office who keep asking people to speak in Kannada and you will be surprised , both are Telugu origins 

What is idiotic about them to motivate you to learn the local language. It is because of this  Urbans attitude that some innocent poor Tamils or poor Northies on the street get thrashed in public  in Bengaluru

Edited by coffee_rules

18 hours ago, Vilander said:

This thread is making me freaking hungry..

I have been searching for halacinakai for sometime.. To make huli.. Best KA food i have had

You mean raw Jackfruit.. Thats available in most places of Bangalore during Feb-Aug