[2020s] Watched any new movies? *Please use spoiler tags*

EnterTheVoid

On 11/1/2021 at 6:42 PM, The Realist said:

Just seen. Agree it looks stunning visually and I liked the world-building and for the first half I was all in. But it loses its way a tad in the second half and the narrative peters out as is more focused on the set-up for the next part/film. And Chalamet's hair deserves an award of its own.  

Protect Timothee Chalamet GIF by Dune Movie

yes, I agree with this assessment too. the second half should have been where the narrative kicked up a gear, instead it went into some doldrums (albeit slightly)

Watched "Lovestory"- telugu movie starring Naga Chaitanya and Sai Pallavi. Had heard a lot about it ,now that it is released on OTT platform,I gave it a go.

Watched it for Sai Pallavi but both the lead have done well. Another old wine in new bottle but it still works ,not a perfect movie but can connect with characters and lead actress isn't just a love interest of actor but has individual role,too. Sai Pallavi is quintessential Indian beauty and dynamic dancer.

Edited by Bigg Brother

Watching Patriot on prime video...  F**** hidden gem of a show.  Dark comedy about an undercover agent.   Amazon has some serious content but they don't have the promotion skill or range that Netflix has.  You literally have to manually search literally every good thing on the platform. 

Edited by Lone Wolf

Jai Bheem is loud and horrible. Karnan on similar subject is pretty well handled. Starts like visaranai , which was a brutal documentary style movie, but the BGM and treatment here was too loud and spoon-Fed audience to the caste problem I had the same gripe about Soorarai Pottru as well. He has to bring his Singham act in every movie. Dhanush is unlike him

Edited by coffee_rules

18 hours ago, Lord said:

Did you expect anything else? :dontknow:

I went to a theatre after ages. I had no interest in the movie per se. I didn't even see the trailer.

Besides this is some drive in concept. Thought I'd check it out. Some novelty factor to the set up. 

https://m.economictimes.com/magazines/panache/jio-launched-indias-first-open-air-rooftop-drive-in-theatre/videoshow/87556001.cms

On 11/7/2021 at 5:06 PM, Mariyam said:

Watched Sooryavnshi in India's first drive in/ open air theatre.

The overall experience was a lot better than the film. Very Singham like. :no:

Which car did you use, if you don't mind sharing.  Was it an open roof one? I never understood how drive ins could be enjoyable though would love to try one

2 hours ago, New guy said:

Which car did you use, if you don't mind sharing.  Was it an open roof one? I never understood how drive ins could be enjoyable though would love to try one

Not an open roof. But a sun roof. 

You don't have to be in the vehicle necessarily. We were initially watching it through the sun roof, and later on the bonnet.

But there was this pseudo turf patch with bean bags where you can rest and watch the movie.

Edited by Mariyam

9 minutes ago, coffee_rules said:

Hmmmm :thinking:

Rana Ayub isn't half wrong here.

Very formulaic portrayal of the Muslims in the film. Totally black or white in terms of 'good' vs 'bad' No character depth whatsoever.

But you know, these things, ie cinematic portrayals don't really get to me. Movies like these are meant to be mindless fun. Not over analysed and turned into a cancel campaigns.

Liked Jai Bheem. Always wanted to know about this since last year when 2 guys were killed in custody by TN police. Didn't know this was real story,Very well made court room drama. Maintains that thriller element although the movie is about social ills prevalent in country. Nicely built up first hr by showcasing the life of Iralu tribe conveying that they are just like other humans. Got to know this isn't the first movie about same topic,there are others,too. Going to watch it. Puts me to shame that this caste practice is still prevalent in India.