Every year India needs to try few IPL performers to give their stale side some fresh outlook . This year give in a look at - SKY, Tewatia, Natrajan, Varun.C

Ankit_sharma03

India T20 side can be described in few words- Stale, outdated , conservative, similar to other fomats

Whats the point of worlds biggest league when u dont use it in selection, selection from IPL to test is wrong but not t20s

In past few yrs we tried few players like Pant, Saini, Sundar, Krunal, Chahar bros  and all did well.

• But none other then Saini, Deepak chahar are holding a place.
  • Krunal nSundar who did well in their respective chances were dumped for Jadeja who has been an evergreen failure in t20 just becoz most dont understand that t20 bowling needs diff skills
  • Pant have never been backed in a side where lack of high s/r batsman is a problem
  • Rahul chahar was poorely treated as well 

1st of all get all of em back 

2nd try these new players here n there- SKY, Tewatia, Natrajan, Varun.C

Now i Knw @maniac will jump and say these are IPL hacks n all and what have they done n crap , well the key word is try not give them a fix slot. Unless u try something new there wont be growth and its not that we have a great t20 side. 

1. SKY- has done in enough in domestic and we need high s/r batsman 
  2. Natrajan- need a left armer and his yorkers have been excellent 
  3. Varun.C- always good to have a mystery spinner
  4. Tewatia-  A leggie who can bat is rare in India, and he has performed twice in tough situation

They may not be special talents but a team is never full of 15 special talents . You u need variety and player who do their job, everyone is not a superstar. 

If any one is apprehensive to try something new to fix problem areas well then stop cribbing. Teams around the world are trying different players. We cant crib if at the end we say oh but Dhwan, manish, jadeja looks international quality 

I am fine with SKY. Sold on him but he has been playing in the top 3 and he is right up there however we need players for 4,5,6, can he translate this into internationals needs to be seen. I think he has enough body of work and needs to absolutely be in the scheme of things.

Still not sold on Tewatiya, he has had 2 miracle knocks but if you look carefully he does have a lot of weaknesses too and will he be able to sustain, don’t know. Also his bowling is below par and not sure on his fielding.

Natarajan, let him have a good tournament. Under pressure he was able to deliver in 1-2 games but in 1-2 games he also did bowl a lot of full tosses under pressure, can he hit the yorker at will in all situations like Malinga or Bumrah from a year back needs to be seen. Let this tournament complete.

Varun C there are dime a dozen spinners like him waiting for their turn. He is alright but please don’t give him an international cap yet, let him earn it.

20 minutes ago, maniac said:

I am fine with SKY. Sold on him but he has been playing in the top 3 and he is right up there however we need players for 4,5,6, can he translate this into internationals needs to be seen. I think he has enough body of work and needs to absolutely be in the scheme of things.

Sky bats for Mumbai at 4,5,6 and do s a same job. How can he bat in MI when they have pollard n pandya n kishen who have more brute strength

Still not sold on Tewatiya, he has had 2 miracle knocks but if you look carefully he does have a lot of weaknesses too and will he be able to sustain, don’t know. Also his bowling is below par and not sure on his fielding.

Everyone has a weakness, he is the package that shud be looked at. 

We have looked at jadeja for yrs and if we still stick to it god help us

No harm in trying

Natarajan, let him have a good tournament. Under pressure he was able to deliver in 1-2 games but in 1-2 games he also did bowl a lot of full tosses under pressure, can he hit the yorker at will in all situations like Malinga or Bumrah from a year back needs to be seen. Let this tournament complete.

That happens when u bowl yorkers some days it wont land. Batsman also stand deep jn crease

Uff this expectation ot everyone had to be a superstar is so stupid. U dnt find bumrah everyday doesnt mean u stop selecting. He doesnt need to compete with bumrah he competes with shardul 

Varun C there are dime a dozen spinners like him waiting for their turn. He is alright but please don’t give him an international cap yet, let him earn it.

Wo are these dime of spinner who has t20 bowling skills, provided u understand whats t20 bowling skill 

26 minutes ago, maniac said:

u were also not sold on SKY once , u also wanted jadeja ahead of everyone and every year in IPL or international t20 its jadeja who looks absolute garbage 

24 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

u were also not sold on SKY once , u also wanted jadeja ahead of everyone and every year in IPL or international t20 its jadeja who looks absolute garbage 

I still don’t think SKY belongs in tests (he won’t be considered and shouldn’t Anyways) or odis where there are 10-12 bats ahead of him. I don’t think you or anyone has been suggesting that anyways.

For T20 I am sold but again he is in the top 3 where guys like Pandey,Iyer,Kishen or Samson have scored runs. His usp seems to be ability to score from ball 1, so maybe needs to given a shot. Remember same thing was said about Jadhav before he made his debut but quality is quality which I have my doubts. SKY has “earned” his shot. That’s the key word “earned”. Is he good enough is a different debate.

4 minutes ago, maniac said:

I still don’t think SKY belongs in tests (he won’t be considered and shouldn’t Anyways) or odis where there are 10-12 bats ahead of him. I don’t think you or anyone has been suggesting that anyways.

but who asked for test and ODi, i clearly made a post regd t20....i know he wnt last long in those 2 formats 

4 minutes ago, maniac said:

For T20 I am sold but again he is in the top 3 where guys like Pandey,Iyer,Kishen or Samson have scored runs. His usp seems to be ability to score from ball 1, so maybe needs to given a shot. Remember same thing was said about Jadhav before he made his debut but quality is quality which I have my doubts. SKY has “earned” his shot. That’s the key word “earned”. Is he good enough is a different debate.

but he scores for mumbai in lower middle order and has done that job for KKR to 

Jadhav has never had a good IPL and here we are discussing t20 

Also what is the harm in trying.....fail ho jayega na ..jadeja to fail ho raha hai. This is the same i said about dube , max what he ll so what atleast look at right kindof players for that role 

2 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

but who asked for test and ODi, i clearly made a post regd t20....i know he wnt last long in those 2 formats 

but he scores for mumbai in lower middle order and has done that job for KKR to 

Jadhav has never had a good IPL and here we are discussing t20 

Also what is the harm in trying.....fail ho jayega na ..jadeja to fail ho raha hai. This is the same i said about dube , max what he ll so what atleast look at right kindof players for that role 

I am on the same page with SKY. The “risk” can be taken because he has “earned” it. I don’t believe in throwing chances at people just for the sake of it.

If Dube has a great tournament then sure he can get a shot too but my problem was when he got a shot based on a few cameos.

Guys like SKY and Jadhav are workhorse type players who have done well with their limiter abilities and punched over their weight and deserve their shot. Jadhav is done and I called it from day 1 he had no quality and I have been right, I feel the same way about SKY and hope I am wrong but once again he should be tried.

11 minutes ago, maniac said:

If Dube has a great tournament then sure he can get a shot too but my problem was when he got a shot based on a few cameos.

but he didnt he had a great domestic season with all knocks when Mumbai under pressure and Performed brilliantly for India -A. He smoked this same nortje badly in an India-A series

A selection doesnt only happen becoz of domestic perfomance but also teams need, pandya got injured his slot was open. SKY wud have gotten in had he bowler but he chucks 

Guys like SKY and Jadhav are workhorse type players who have done well with their limiter abilities and punched over their weight and deserve their shot. Jadhav is done and I called it from day 1 he had no quality and I have been right, I feel the same way about SKY and hope I am wrong but once again he should be tried.

No team will ever have all 15 special player some need to do the dirty work and when a team has all of em it ll be a World class team like Aus or WI

No one will mind a symonds if we have in domestic but we dont, we have to make do with jadhav n sky coz we have them. Someone has to do that job  

Edited by Ankit_sharma03

Need to take Prasidh to Australia this year.  He is the ideal pacer for Australian pitches.

He did not get to play in the first 5 matches this year. But the moment he got his chance, he took 3 for 29 in his first match to win an almost impossible game for his side. In his 2nd match, a super human ABDV was assaulting all pacers but he was the only quick who was not hit in the death overs. And the way he bowled a set Finch with a quick yorker, after getting hit, was excellent. Loved the nasty bouncer he bowled to Finch when he tried to step out.

Prasidh is a very international type pacer ... very tall and hit the deck type who gets steep bounce ... bowls at 140 k to 150 k ... seams the ball both ways consistently ... gets outswing. We need this type of tall pacer in our team.

He can bowl 2 types of yorkers ... the quick indipping one with which he bowled Finch yesterday ... and a widish yorker just within the tramline. Has developed a decent slower ball too. 

He is already 24 and it is high time we introduce him to Team India. Let's not waste his best years in terms of high pace.

Edited by express bowling

20 minutes ago, express bowling said:

Need to take Prasidh to Australia this year.  He is the ideal pacer for Australian pitches.

He did not get to play in the first 6 matches this year. But the moment he got his chance, he took 3 for 29 in his first match to win an almost impossible game for his side. In his 2nd match, a super human ABDV was assaulting all pacers but he was the only quick who was not hit in the death overs. And the way he bowled a set Finch with a quick yorker, after getting hit, was excellent. Loved the nasty bouncer he bowled to Finch when he tried to step out.

Prasidh is a very international type pacer ... very tall and hit the deck type who gets steep bounce ... bowls at 140 k to 150 k ... seams the ball both ways consistently ... gets outswing. We need this type of tall pacer in our team.

He can bowl 2 types of yorkers ... the quick indipping one with which he bowled Finch yesterday ... and a widish yorker just within the tramline. Has developed a decent slower ball too. 

He is already 24 and it is high time we introduce him to Team India. Let's not waste his best years in terms of high pace.

he shud actually be on radar instead of thakur in LOI , im really impressed with his aggressive attitude and temperament 

16 minutes ago, express bowling said:

Someone like a Tewatia would be better at 6 or 7 ... as he has finishing skills and can bowl 4 overs.

I don't see any slot open for SKY, as of today.

If rahul keep 5th slot opens

Which is currently holded by manish

We need 2 high s.r batsman in lower middle order 

6th bowler batsman role candidates are axar jaddu sundar krunal none are good with that high s.r job so 5th slot has to do that job

Rather then manish we need to see - pant, dk, sky ..

Edited by Ankit_sharma03

29 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

If rahul keep 5th slot opens

Which is currently holded by manish

We need 2 high s.r batsman in lower middle order 

6th bowler batsman role candidates are axar jaddu sundar krunal none are good with that high s.r job so 5th slot has to do that job

Rather then manish we need to see - pant, dk, sky ..

5. Pant

6. Hardik

7. Tewatia