Muttiah Muralitharan biopic starring Vijay Sethupathi to release in 2021

Gollum

Hope it is better than the Dhoni biopic, interesting life story with lots of scope for subtlety and deeper messages, Lanka's greatest cricket icon->a minority Tamil Hindu who found success during height of a bloody civil war. Starring one of the best actors in India (for those not familiar with Sethupathi). 

Edited by Gollum

Hope they don't trivialize the chucking part, Murali's action left scope for plenty of doubt throughout his career. 

More interested in his early life, SL civil war and its effect on psyche of minorities, Sinhala-Tamil relations.....Madras Cafe, Dheepan were a couple of films which dealt with (or should I say briefly touched upon) those topics and I found them interesting. 

Edited by Gollum

17 minutes ago, Gollum said:

More interested in his early life, SL civil war and its effect on psyche of minorities, Sinhala-Tamil relations.....Madras Cafe, Dheepan were a couple of films which dealt with (or should I say briefly touched upon) those topics and I found them interesting. 

indian tamils are not involved in the conflict if i am not wrong 

8 minutes ago, velu said:

indian tamils are not involved in the conflict if i am not wrong 

Maybe not directly but indirectly (for sure)...GOI and TN Govt were involved esp in Rajiv years

Also

பிரபாகரன், வைகோ... வவுனியா காட்டில் நடந்த சுவாரசிய சந்திப்பு | vaiko and  prabhakaran meeting | nakkheeranபிரபாகரன் கடிதத்தை 28 ஆண்டுகளுக்குப் பிறகு வைகோ வெளியிட்ட ரகசியம் என்ன? |  Webdunia Tamil65-வது பிறந்த நாள்- பிரபாகரன் வாழ்வே எங்களது கொள்கை சாசனம்: சீமான் | Seeman  Celebrates Prabhakaran's 65th birth day - Tamil Oneindia

Edited by Gollum

When I think of biopic, I think of Lawrence of Arabia, Gandhi, etc. 

Biopics made in India tend to follow the masala storyline. For e.g. if you have a film on Bhagat Singh, it could be similar to a random action film but with the lead actor called now called Bhagat Singh instead of Vijay/Ajay/Jai/.... .... Bhagat Singh will fall in love, dance and sing a song, do some comedy, fight bad guys (British and traitors in this case), and so on ....  A film on Ashoka (or Gandhi) will have "Ashoka"  (or "Gandhi") doing the below:

4 hours ago, rkt.india said:

Don't get the protests. Isn't Murli a Tamil himself?

Yes he is, a Hill Country Tamil and not from Jaffna/Northern Province. I think the protests are because they feel he is a Rajapakse (scum) stooge, never raised his voice about Tamil genocide, traitor to his community, along those lines. Just politics since this is a sensitive issue in the state, next year they have assembly election as well.

Sinhalese extremists did a lot of HR violations against innocent Tamils. SL Army, Rajapakse etc must be made to answer for their crimes in international platforms. IMO demonizing Murali is wrong, we must understand his predicament, was simply a sportsman and had to look out for himself in a hostile environment. He is already doing lots of charity for his community, what more must he do? 

Edited by Gollum