Rashid Khan conceded just seven runs and took three wickets in four overs. Most economical 4 over spell this season. What does this say about modern Indian batsman's ability to play spin?

saged

Forget even the recent history with Sehwag, Gambhir, Raina etc. thwacking spinners now we fall like a pack of cards and domestic batsman aren't showing great promise. I wonder what Shane Warne's figures would be bowling to modern India comparing to when he was toyed around in the past.

10 hours ago, saged said:

Forget even the recent history with Sehwag, Gambhir, Raina etc. thwacking spinners now we fall like a pack of cards and domestic batsman aren't showing great promise. I wonder what Shane Warne's figures would be bowling to modern India comparing to when he was toyed around in the past.

shubhman gill played him very well. but yes in general our quality of batting against spin has gone down. Even pujara is only as good as Nayan Mongia used ot be imo.

He has gathered a strong hold over the mindset of many batsmen.

First it became a normal practice that it's okay if we don't score off his 4 overs, we nust not lose wickets to him.

With that mindset he attacks the batsmen more at the lengths he wants and even manages to pick wickets against very cautious batsmen while also managing to concede very few runs.

Morgon played one of the best innings against Rashid in WC. I think he hit him for 7 sixers in that innings.

Gayle has smashed Khan before but he is altogether a different level of batsman in T20. 

He is the best T20 bowler but still just 7 runs from 4 overs is giving too much respect in T20 format. DC batting was very pathetic against him.